Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

seenmy: Dope piece. What fabric did you go with? ROR, ACA, PUP? Is the entire piece self-edged?

Comment

• Slangking
      • Nov 2010

Have to say that the sole doesn't do it for me either. Would be interested in seeing what they look like when worn though as somethings look better/worse when worn.

Comment

• eton97
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
        seenmy: Dope piece. What fabric did you go with? ROR, ACA, PUP? Is the entire piece self-edged?
        Peasant.....I asked seenmy same thing.

form om/2463se
        mat col ror-edge/10
        Last edited by eton97; 09-04-2011, 08:22 AM.
        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

Ah... thanks eton. You know I love ROR-EDGE. That fabric is gone now thanks to my recent special order. I finally found this in my size so I picked it up.

Comment

• birdytg
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
            I just find the design ugly.
            In all fairness it takes me a while to get my head around some of carol's pieces......the rubber dipped sneaks are a perfect example. Hated them....now love them, own the black and everytime I see the White (thanks bsr for teasing me again with the recent waywt pics) I want to kop.
            But these I just dont get. Same goes for titanium elbows and gloved arms.

Eternal. Agree with your points.....'eventually some people want something more.....'
            This coupled with the pressure for designer to come up season after season with new ideas means boundaries are pushed out further, with the resulting hits and failures
            Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
            I do. Honestly, I fell in love with these. And for me, fashion is not about going outside of my comfort zone. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. I have a very small closet and the things I've in it are all rather clean, yet with a fit / details that make them look not too classic. Buying clothes just to cross borders is nothing for me, but I of course appreciate others doing that. However, adding rubber soles to derbies is not what I call extravagant, it just looks silly and forced (imho, of course).

Well, That was not my focus to introduce a passionated debate here to state if those derbies were ugly or not... fashion is whatever a matter of personnal preferences and fortunately everybody can't fall in love with the same stuff...even if here there are many common points, we're all different, that's it...

If someone told me I was going to buy those derbies before yesterday, I would not have believed him....
            There are months now that I am looking for the right additionnal pair of ccp shoes and honestly the added sole choice would have never been my first choice!
            (I was going for AM2526 rubbered better than for the actual AM/2680 or any other)
            Meanwhile when I 've seen yesterday the beauty of the kangarro leather and it's treatment, the sole has not been first of all my primary concern...
            I just falled in love with the whole shoe including the sole....
            I understand this "extra" sole could look like a non-sense on a derby or any other shoe...but this is very CCP and extravagant... a non-sense set up as a final purpose (and none here can say it is not a good part of CCP bottom of business and design!)
            Then my thoughts were that I already own quite a lot of CCP boots and the soleless rubbered hitops...
            Those were great to wear derbies even in bad weather...everybody knows that leather soles are very slippery when it snows or freezes except when you vibram the soles which is not truely natural even if usefull.
            Then I was happy with the genral shape and idea of the extra sole.

So the whole combo "falling in love" with the derbies + a pair like I didn't own yet + orginal shape made my definitive choice.
            Very simply.
            And truely, whatever, when worn, the leather and the shape are so impressive you don't even notice the extra sole at the first glance ...
            They are a perfect choice for me, I am so happy with them and this the most important thing but of course, I do understand other don't like those shoes

And I agree with you Eton97, sometimes it happens that one day you finally love what you disliked before...
            I am not certain I would have liked this specific pair some times ago! This is the result of an evolution of taste, sometimes you need time....but also sometimes you will never do with...

It's my deliberate choice not a question of misunderstanding or even the choice of a poor ignoramus coming from Diesel...
            That's a very friendly flash of humor, Eternal, don't take it bad!
            Just kidding!

Would like to add, that yes, I am the one Birdytg who had a Diesel collection years ago and sold it on Sufu, No doubt.
            This collection was the result of years of purchases since I was a teenager and I could afford my first purchases with my work (Diesel was affordable enough).
            There is no shame in it... there are also quite some members here who were on the same Diesel forum than I was and honestly I don't think you need to change your pseudo to come to another step in your life...
            This was years and years ago, then I have been very much into Dior Homme again for years and years (and proud to still be in with a really nice collection)...

Years go fast and you're getting older as well... and the evolution of your personnal tastes makes that then you naturally came to other brands and other style...that's life!
            Maybe I have not been as sharp as other members here to immediatly having got the revelation of alternative fashion when I was a teenager...I don't mind...whatever I would never have had the money to buy CCP when I was a student or young worker!

Whatever wearing CCP (and several other brands appreciated as well here), for several years now, doesn't make me, for a while, feel as belonging to an elite...i just wear what I like ... this is my personnal choice.
            I perfectly understand some other people make different choices and to end with the story I do hope that there will be still many other evolutions into my life (maybe back to Diesel...??? )

I just feel very very lucky and grateful to be able now to afford buying what I love.

Thanks to all for your previous comments.
            http://www.mypixeldiary.com
            http://www.birdytg.com
            www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
            http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
              • Mar 2009

My 2pence. As fugly as Pradas creeper brogues. As has been said its down to personal taste and needs.
              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by birdytg View Post
                Well, That was not my focus to introduce a passionated debate here to state if those derbies were ugly or not... fashion is whatever a matter of personnal preferences and fortunately everybody can't fall in love with the same stuff...even if here there are many common points, we're all different, that's it...

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                  My 2pence. As fugly as Pradas creeper brogues. As has been said its down to personal taste and needs.
                  Traction control is a useful thing, at least in cars.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stingray1224
                    • Aug 2011

Got awesome Julius boots in the IT Store in Pacific Place Mall in HK. Also picked up a Julius vest...hurt my wallet but good pieces which I can't wait to wear, stoked!

Comment

• tron
                      • Dec 2010

Odeur Prismatic Shirt

Nicolas & Mark Tank Tops (Red, Black, White)

DBSS Denim Jacket

John Fleuvog boots
                      "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• ashamed
                        • Jan 2011

wow dat jacket is so nice

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

Did you buy the DBSS jacket from treasurehoard? I would've bought it if it fit me.
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• tron
                            • Dec 2010

I got the dbss from http://www.styleonefashion.com/dis_p.asp?id=256
                            The price was certainly right.
                            "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• aussy
                              • Jul 2011

Lost out on this Julius a few days ago. Didn't know where else to post my grief

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

^ there are always more...keep your eyes on yahoo japan.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎