Clear All
  • asecretmaker
    • Apr 2011

just got this

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
      hmm. the brooks brothers making a rare appearance on sz. well, those are...shoes...so, um...good for you...

They're probably made by Trickers, a nice company (well old TB where, dunno aboubt BBBF and new TB).
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• ahlefeldt
        • May 2008

not the typical SZ item.

Junya blazer

Comment

• thehouseofdis
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          nice turntable, dis - was thinking to get the exact same one, but picking up another hobby now would be a very dumb thing for me right now.
          thanks! when i get a place i'll be sure to have you over for a listening party. it's a shame that quality stereo equipment is such a rare thing in the US considering we are such a huge market for music. this turntable is just scraping the surface of hi-fi, i'm sure you'll be upgrading in the future.

why is it that spending $1000+ on a pair of boots is such an easy decision but spending the same amount on a piece of stereo equipment or a piece of furniture is such a struggle? seriously, i've wanted this tt for at least four years and am just getting it.
          THE HOUSE OF DIS
          embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• voice_on_tape
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post

why is it that spending $1000+ on a pair of boots is such an easy decision but spending the same amount on a piece of stereo equipment or a piece of furniture is such a struggle? seriously, i've wanted this tt for at least four years and am just getting it.
            I totally agree with you on this.... I even feel more this way when I have to drop $ on some car repair, ie. 500-600 on some new tires which i need to do. I guess its priorities, but driving on shitty tires could cost me my life... and I still hesitate, but would drop twice that on a Rick leather without much hesitation at all. fml
            -v_o_t
            sale items

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

thanks! when i get a place i'll be sure to have you over for a listening party. it's a shame that quality stereo equipment is such a rare thing in the US considering we are such a huge market for music. this turntable is just scraping the surface of hi-fi, i'm sure you'll be upgrading in the future.

Lovely minimalist design on that piece. I'll always have a soft spot for classic Technics though. I was very sad to part with my 1200s and rane ttm56 a few months ago but I just didn't have the time to give them real use anymore. kept all of my vinyl though so one of these days I'll get some new decks!

Would be interested in seeing the setup that you're putting together.

You're very right in regards to the amount of funds that we spend on clothing versus what we deem reasonable in alternate fields... seeing that some CCP blazers are $3k+ and leathers $5k, you're talking about half a '65 mustang versus a Carol outfit
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• docus
                • Dec 2010

^^^ Couldn't agree more, you'd have to prise my 1210s from my hands with an icepick - I've had them for 20 years and they're still going strong, and that's after HEAVY use, being dragged weekly around parties in muddy fields, thrown in the back of trucks, etc. Unbeatable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by docus View Post
                  ^^^ Couldn't agree more, you'd have to prise my 1210s from my hands with an icepick - I've had them for 20 years and they're still going strong, and that's after HEAVY use, being dragged weekly around parties in muddy fields, thrown in the back of trucks, etc. Unbeatable.
                  I remember using someone else's set at a house party and someone spilled a full cup of beer one one deck while it was playing. HUGE arcing spark... absolutely no audio loss. It kept going like a boss. Love it.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                    They're probably made by Trickers, a nice company (well old TB where, dunno aboubt BBBF and new TB).
                    still are
                    Originally posted by jogu
                    i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• lost53
                      • Dec 2010

The US is one the biggest markets and manufactures of Hi-Fi... really you chaps make some of the best stuff around... Elrod, Audio Research, Copeland, Krell, Mark-Levinson, Shunyata.. the list goes on..!

Just treated myself to this Just the cartridge.

Wow now, and I am in heaven...

Comment

• gavagai
                        • May 2010

I love my British electronics...

There is no problem with spending 1,000 on a stereo. Quite frankly, I lose respect for people when I visit there home and they plug there iphone into a mini-speaker. Absolute bullshit. For a few hundred dollars you can have excellent sound in your home with real electronics and speakers.

Every body chooses their own spend. It is tough to compare a jacket you NEEEEEEEEEEEEED to a stereo component. They offer different levels of joy to different people.

Comment

• Lane
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by voice_on_tape View Post
                          I totally agree with you on this.... I even feel more this way when I have to drop $ on some car repair, ie. 500-600 on some new tires which i need to do. I guess its priorities, but driving on shitty tires could cost me my life... and I still hesitate, but would drop twice that on a Rick leather without much hesitation at all. fml

hahaha, its funny how that works out. Just recently I had an argument with my brother cuz we went out to eat, and I bothered by the extremely high prices for plates. He scoffed, and reminded me of that fact that I just dropped hundreds on some pants just a few days ago

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                            hahaha, its funny how that works out. Just recently I had an argument with my brother cuz we went out to eat, and I bothered by the extremely high prices for plates. He scoffed, and reminded me of that fact that I just dropped hundreds on some pants just a few days ago
                            haha! i have to pay around $400 for car repairs on saturday and i am so stressed on doing so while i can easily justify spending 900+ on boots! it's funny how those things work out in your head.

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

same. yelled at my wife over the kids backpacks which collectively cost 1/10th of a new leather

Comment

• t-bone
                                • Dec 2009

Ah hi-fi was one of my first wallet-draining loves... luckily I have been able to cobble together 2 systems (main and secondary) over the years that are perfect for me. Haven't spent a penny on equipment in years... although actually I did buy a new Dynavector 10x5 last year to replace the stock cart on my MMF-7 (destroyed the needle... do not use expensive stereo equipment while under the influence).

Thank god I don't feel the need to buy a new turntable every season!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎