X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I wish you, and everyone else, would stop throwing around "elitism" like it's a dirty douche bag. Since when did upholding standards is a bad thing? SZ is about quality and appreciation of a certain group of designers that produce beautiful and interesting clothing. Proud to be an elitist.
    I dunno, it seems that group is getting to be like 5-6 designers for some, which sucks. BTW Nuur is pretty interesting and so is Mauro Grifoni. Maybe I'm being an elitist but I'm sorta disappointed you guys didn't know about these brands...
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
      I dunno, it seems that group is getting to be like 5-6 designers for some, which sucks. BTW Nuur is pretty interesting and so is Mauro Grifoni. Maybe I'm being an elitist but I'm sorta disappointed you guys didn't know about these brands...
      No disagreement there.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Haven
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
        ...Although I agree, people should be much nicer in the way they do it. Most of the time, sending a private message suffices instead of trying to publicly humiliate somebody for your own internetz rep.
        Thank you for looking out for us at the bottom of the hierarchy

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          No disagreement there.
          When we had a couple of different styles (and assorted designers) it had more *umpf*. You know like Belgian designs sorta disappeared for people and so did wild CdG-like stuff. Now you have to be darktisan or you don't fit, I mean Boudicca fits as well here even though it doesn't get worn.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• kuriz
            • Nov 2010

Zamb: those boots a few pages back are indescribable and beautifully proportionated! I've been looking because others complimenting them say "finally you got them", but maybe you would be so kind to me "newcomer" to tell what brand and model name it is? Seems like they're one of a kind and impossible to get, but after reading some of the 'holy grail' thread there's no reason that one can't dream :)

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

AV-Field Buried Deerskin Ankle Boot

Last edited by Peasant; 11-23-2011, 12:20 PM. Reason: details girlfriend....

Comment

• swrecked
                • Sep 2011

Raw, I must say that the leu shirt looks way better in your pics than in the Ink pics. I didn't even consider it until I saw your posting. Did you get a chance to try the funnel neck version, which seems like the same material.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

When we had a couple of different styles (and assorted designers) it had more *umpf*. You know like Belgian designs sorta disappeared for people and so did wild CdG-like stuff. Now you have to be darktisan or you don't fit, I mean Boudicca fits as well here even though it doesn't get worn.
                  I know, I know. :(
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

So what happened to them? Lost their relevance? Stopped creating good designs? Become monotonous.. or SZ changed?

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                      • Jan 2011

peasant your cops are on fire. :[

been looking at those lustfully for a while!

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

yeah i dunno. i have bought aspeesi, jil, uniqlo, EG even without hesitating to wonder if these brand map to my personal ethos. i am sure there have conversely been sz-inspired purchases which don't feel right or work well for the purchaser.

it reminds me of the goth clubs; everyone is expressing themselves by wearing the same stuff. i like variety, people like muuma break up the sameness sometimes

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                          So what happened to them? Lost their relevance? Stopped creating good designs? Become monotonous.. or SZ changed?
                          Poor economy = investing in things you can actually wear vs. things that are just beautiful/strange?

Anyway, my posts were not intended to "publicly humiliate" anyone...fact is, this is a fashion forum, and in this case, the items posted were ugly...regardless of who designed them or of if that particular brand was "sz approved".

Also, if someone posts something publicly, they should expect a public response...no need for private messages, and I don't see that particular member crying about the response...seems everyone else was more offended than he was.
                          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                            The people who care about their work have lost interest because the discussions inevitably deteriorate into consumerism. It's not easy to continue when you are shouting into the void.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Icarium
                              • Oct 2010

I dunno I think it's just the natural progression of things. People are constantly tuning what they like, they tune to what the group likes and over time many become less experimental which is also partly driven by the desire to save money or have a leaner wardrobe.

It's like being an old person. After 30-50 years driving to the same destinations you at some point evolve an ideal route for each start/end point and you stick with it and stop experimenting with new ones. Then slowly senility creeps in.

I think the hazing newbies sometimes receive drives conformity. Each may have something that can broaden the style/brand pie but it might need to be polished by people with experience and taste. But if they get a harsh welcome they will either vanish or if they especially want acceptance or to fit in they will research what gets praise and try and emulate -> conformity.

Some skip the first misstep and their first few fits are excellent. But do look at those and note how many really deviate from the "standard." I think rilu is an excellent example of adding freshness and being a success from the start! Exceedingly rare though and it may help that she's female (Throw a brick at me if you think this is wrong/sexist).

But very, very few will probably try and evolve their own style to an acceptable clean level because enduring extremely harsh critiques mixed in with personal attacks to their intelligence/taste is not an easy slope to climb.

I know Faust you've posted before that you don't see it being peoples' jobs to be teachers/parents and I get that, but if you want to diversity taste/brands/styles it probably better serves that goal to try and nurture a little bit more. It's either that or slowly collect rilus like pokemon. That works too but may be slower.

Anyway, I don't really care either way. I participate mainly as a consumer and have abdicated any attempt to improve/refine my own style/vision and that isn't because people were mean and hurt my feelings :). I like "dark" designers. I like Schneider. I like Japanese reproduction workwear. Just my thoughts.

Comment

• endorphinz
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009

there is very little creative effort displayed by most posters in waywt or recent purchases. throw on a couple of revered labels and your golden. if one of the pieces happens to be a consensus grail, you're HOF material. adhering to the previously mentioned 'standards' produces lots of boring, monotonous fits.
                                many lookbooks and blogs that proliferate the net demonstrate way more swag then has been presented on the pages of sz recently. of course, they have much broader horizons ....and much lower standards.

i'm basically an oursider on this forum but from my peripheral view, the focus has become way to narrow. but, that's cool. it just means i gotta spend more time to find the true total 'zeitgeist'

before i'm told to take a walk if I don't like it here let me emphasize that I like what sz offers. however, the spectrum of it's offerings is getting extremely small.

no hate...just observations from afar....peace out

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎