Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

There are certainly relationships between fashion and art but by no means will they ever be considered one in the same. McQueen is really the only person who I think came close to that. You can call it fashion all day but it's still clothing. If it's not wearable people won't buy it. At least not to the degree that will keep that designer afloat.

And now there are artists who I see creating the same stuff over and over because they're making a fortune off of it. Money enables you a better life and you can't help but to allow it to drive some aspect your work. It is a nice thought that you're not just a cog in the giant machine of commerce. I really don't feel like I am. But clothing has to "work" to a with daily life. It has to function or it fails. Yet in a way it's decorating who we are and giving some insight to what we're about. A message, which is essentially what a lot of art is. Rarely is art functional on a physical level.

I wasn't saying that we're all artists and intellectuals.. I'm certainly not but that assumption is there from the outside looking in.

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
      • Oct 2010

While somewhat irrelevant to the debate above, I've had such a successful week or so thanks to SZ that I thought I share. Thanks to the Good Finds and WTB threads, I found 2 things I've been after for quite a while now =)

RO AW10 Blistered Lamb Scuba

Undercover 85 Jeans

Close Up 1
      Close Up 2

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me out with these!
      Last edited by mixmaster7_91; 11-25-2011, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Haven
        • Oct 2011

^
        That RO is a killer! Sure you'll feel very slick in it :)

Comment

• marsa
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mixmaster7_91 View Post
          best scuba!

Comment

• Czx
            • Feb 2011

I sooooooo envy you the 85 jeans. My holy grail since I first saw them. Wanted to buy them off lostnfound actually but they got sold before I got to them :< Well, more useful things for me then.
            néant
            Last.FM paranoia
            Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
            0 > ∞

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
              Aren't brands discussed on SZ niche by definition? I mean aside from Raf and Rick they don't have heavy influence on the lkarger fashion scene.
              Comme, Yohji, Ann, Chalayan, Helmut, Jil, etc. have all influenced fashion.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Beardown, but why can't we admire great design as a creative discipline on its own merit? Why do have to call something art in order to really admire it?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
                  • Nov 2009

i can take photos later but i recently picked up julius backzip boxer boot/sneakers after old waywt's convinced me. i was wary that they were a bit slim but they fit like a glove. i am really happy with the purchase and they're getting vibram'd as soon as this black friday shit is over and i have room to breath since my cobbler is tucked away in the corner of a mall adjacent to burberry and louis vuitton.

Comment

• eleven crows
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Comme, Yohji, Ann, Chalayan, Helmut, Jil, etc. have all influenced fashion.
                    no one would argue this. however these guys don't get a lot of play here compared to the likes of the ccp, luc, ma+, and so on. these are the labels that - for better or worse or neither- are king of the ever crumbling hill.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Well, let's make a collective fucking effort, I say!!!!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• chaosen
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by mixmaster7_91 View Post
                        While somewhat irrelevant to the debate above, I've had such a successful week or so thanks to SZ that I thought I share. Thanks to the Good Finds and WTB threads, I found 2 things I've been after for quite a while now =)

Undercover 85 Jeans

Close Up 1
                        Close Up 2

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me out with these!
                        Glad you're enjoying the scuba friend good to see that it's being appreciated more than it was when I had it!

Comment

• eckblk
                          • Mar 2010

I picked these up a couple of weeks ago & forgot to toss up pics- CDiem S21 boot in HD01 (destroyed horse)- The boot is black with hints of brown showing up in direct sunlight.

*click on image for pic with flash

Comment

• stereophobic
                            • Aug 2009

Indy Sents coin pocket pants, medium jersey fabric that's soft, lightweight - used before in the SS10 collection.

Last edited by stereophobic; 11-26-2011, 04:41 PM.
                            An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                              • Jan 2011

^ fabric? whats it like (weight/weave/feel)

Comment

• Ochre
                                • Sep 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍