Thread: Your recent purchases

Cheers to Lorien and the team at BBSNY.

Damn, man, there is SERIOUS taste conversion here going on. I have three out of the four items you just posted, haha. I still maintain that the parka looks better with the lining worn outside. Try it, you'll fly it.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Damn, man, there is SERIOUS taste conversion here going on. I have three out of the four items you just posted, haha. I still maintain that the parka looks better with the lining worn outside. Try it, you'll fly it.
    Will have to try it E, been wearing it sans vest as it hasn't been cold enough here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dji View Post
    Will have to try it E, been wearing it sans vest as it hasn't been cold enough here yet.
    nice we are j1 buddies, I have the same stitch on mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

I recently purchased the newest j1 as well. I'm confused though as it's advertised as a "BBSNY exclusive" and yet I've now found it from another retailer (and for $1000 cheaper). I'm keeping it either way, but I can't say I'm not a little annoyed by that. My definition of exclusive must be outdated

Picked up these + some basic tanks the other day. The horse leather, and *gasp* deep violet colour, which is closer to a violet-tinted black in most light, is so nice.
    Might be my imagination but Ricks basics feel slightly softer against the skin with the switch from the cotton-silk to viscose-silk blend.

Boots are sick. I have the nubuck version, love them to pieces.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
    I recently purchased the newest j1 as well. I'm confused though as it's advertised as a "BBSNY exclusive" and yet I've now found it from another retailer (and for $1000 cheaper). I'm keeping it either way, but I can't say I'm not a little annoyed by that. My definition of exclusive must be outdated
    Depends on the specific leather used, it might have been specially ordered which is usually the case.
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    Depends on the specific leather used, it might have been specially ordered which is usually the case.
    Maybe. I'm not entirely certain. They're both horse leather and have the exact same product code so I figured they were identical
    Last edited by Nestor; 11-03-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Was it a retailer with a physical location stocking the item in the US market? That's more than likely the distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkady View Post
    Was it a retailer with a physical location stocking the item in the US market? That's more than likely the distinction.
    No usually there's something specific, for example hooded white j2s were exclusive, came out in ss17, then for aw they came un hooded with the high collar option which everyone could get. Usually there are things like that which are literally one of a kind to the store thus the exclusive. There must be some specific distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    No usually there's something specific, for example hooded white j2s were exclusive, came out in ss17, then for aw they came un hooded with the high collar option which everyone could get. Usually there are things like that which are literally one of a kind to the store thus the exclusive. There must be some specific distinction.
    Ahh you are completely right. I zoomed in close on both of them to compare and the BBSNY one has the overlock stitching on the seams whereas the other doesn't. It was hard to tell at a glance since the tonal threads just blend in.

I'll have to admit I was wrong on this one haha sorry for the confusion

I had assumed the same regarding the finishing -- yeah the item code doesn't always capture the peculiarities given the small production runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
    Maybe. I'm not entirely certain. They're both horse leather and have the exact same product code so I figured they were identical
    Could be the treatment. When Boris did the J1 for us, they used special treatment.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Could be the treatment. When Boris did the J1 for us, they used special treatment.
    What code did they give you, J1-F235 horse? That's the thing - for horse hide specifically, they seem to have only F235 and F251 (no longer in use these days?) to name it whereas the softness and thickness vary significantly.

Personally I wouldn't buy any "sepcial edition" of his garments because the special and non-special are really the same thing for the most part. BBSNY did use to carry some runway only pieces that didn't go into production, though, which are of course worth collecting. But most others I don't see the point other than a nominal cachet. We are not Air Jordan kids anymore, are we?

^ Nice, I got a pair in the metallic ink object dyed colour the other week too!

Quote Originally Posted by dji View Post
    ^ Nice, I got a pair in the metallic ink object dyed colour the other week too!
    Those are nice, I regret not buying the dirty white ones though because those are actually a little easier to style, these are really cool grey, which makes it difficult.