Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeptSeptSept
    • Aug 2010

damn chris, you know where i'am if you having a shoes clearout..

Comment

• Crowzer
      • Feb 2011

I finally found my leather !

Comment

• Czx
        • Feb 2011

So I chose this RO coat in the end

Got it today and I love it, it's pretty warm, very comfortable and I really like how it looks on me.
        Huge props to LVR and FeDex btw., got the package the next day after I ordered it and it came here from Italy in about 16 hours, so in my book that's pretty damn good service.
        néant
        Last.FM paranoia
        Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
        0 > ∞

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

Yigal azrouel shearling. Not someone I usually buy but trying to get beyond such ideas and it was my favorite of the season. quick shitty fit pit:

Last edited by kunk75; 12-20-2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• DamageX
            • Dec 2008

That looks fantastic Kunk.

How do you find the quality of the leather and construction?

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

thanks. well, it is not as nice as the blistered stag leather but better than current iterations. i am a zipper guy and these are a bit clunky for my taste. it has ribbed interior sleeves which allow for good movement so that's a plus. i think all in all it's a fair trade off for the showtek that wasn't to be, also worth noting that it is shearling through, the entire interior and sleeves are wooly.

Comment

• Zenith
                • Jun 2009

Leather is of much better quality than I was expecting, kind of wish I had half a size down but still

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                  • Jan 2011

Been waiting to receive it so I can write a proper recent purchases post.

Just got my double layer incarnation today from PARABLE

^thanks guys, for changing the shipping address and getting it to me so quickly and securely and with no customs or any problems :)

First impressions:

1. Guidi leather is amazing. The depth of texture and dye "streaks"? are gorgeous due to the object dyeing. The leather is thinner but very very very supple and a lot of give.

The grainage also varies ina good way. My left sleeve has a very full rich deep grain with beautiful natural variation the right sleeve has a finer finer grain almost like a more substantial glove type leather. Full of moisture.

2. The inner layer is a pilly cotton jersey. I dont know if its due to the dye treatment but its rather heavy-feeling.

3. The zips are top end YKK. They are oxidized slightly and have a nice little "click" noise when they are aligned perfectly at the bottom while zipping up.

Sizing probably varies enormously so trust parables measurements -- I got a medium in the grey and the shoulder is indeed chest width.

It fits very small. I am a 46/slim 46 and this is almost too tight? But it is a perfect fit given that leathers DO break in. IMo not a leather to layer under but a perfect spring leather.

Im going to write more when im less overwhelmed.

Also received a viridi-anne knit from i believe FW10. Gorgeous textures 50/50 cotton and wool I believe. Thumbholes in the right spot, slim slim cut with a lot of give. Would work great for goth-ninjas who aspire to hang out with rainbows.

But in all seriousness the dark blue pattern is gorgeous and is more "texture" and less "print".

is the texture. its a slight u -neck cut.
                  Last edited by cowsareforeating; 12-21-2011, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• im_parfait
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2010

Heh, finally got my holygrailest of the holygrailest items:

Comment

• michael_kard
                      • Oct 2010

Those boots are awesome. I think if I had them I'd rather display them than wear them.
                      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• im_parfait
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                        Those boots are awesome. I think if I had them I'd rather display them than wear them.
                        Thanks! I try not to care that much about garments: if they are torn/burn or whatever than it's their fate!.. Though I'm very accurate)

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

I agree, but in a few special cases some objects may be beautiful enough to merely observe, and perhaps wearing them can be redundant. Instead I'd rather put them on display, without being too fetishistic about it.
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                            I don't get it...what makes these so special?
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

imparfait and cowsareforeating, great pickups. i'm a softie for DH classic design and that Incarnation leather looks awesome. The pieces with fewer zips all over them are the best ones as they show off the textures of the Guidi leather the best IMO.

Continuing with my collecting of silver, this is a piece that has tantalized (haunted?) me for I think close to half a decade and now it's finally on its way to me:

Got it from a friend who got it from another friend who got it I-don't-know-where a long time ago. It's got all sorts of crazy details and the skull is carved from bone of unknown origin. Clearly a custom made piece but by who, for who and when is all a mystery. All I know is that it's intense and almost scares me a little bit but remembered it vividly from when I first saw it and only recently did I successfully track it down and make it mine :)
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• im_parfait
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                                I don't get it...what makes these so special?
                                These are from Hedi's last collection - much appreciated by...somebody :)

Chinorlz, the item is terrific and scaring a bit!.. and what about functionality?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎