X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bakla
    • Oct 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Wow, great leather pieces, threerepute and drexl.

Wait, it almost looks like you could be the same guy in both pictures...! Three, who made your jacket?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Awesome purchases!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

I've been buying up a storm but these are the most recent: washed leather Double Identity hi-tops courtesy of ShopJake.com. Thanks to minomni for the linkage.

Comment

• threerepute
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"]

Wow, great leather pieces, threerepute and drexl.

Wait, it almost looks like you could be the same guy in both pictures...! Three, who made your jacket?

[/quote]

mirage. some french company from the 80s. here's the label:

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Just bought this Poell belt. Classic closure, but I couldn't help but love that way the belt was designed and the antiquing!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Cool, Albert. I was thinking about it, too. It was in my box for a while.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                • Sep 2006

i have the one sans belt buckle- which i think looks a lot better - but i don't think it'd be too much work to convert it if you don't end up liking the buckle

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

I received my Carpe leather shirt yesterday, the fit is excellent (probably a size 2) and I will definitely be keeping it. Right now it's lying on it's own oriental pillow, all twisted up in hope it gets all wrinkled for my next wearing.

Anybody knows about an inscription present on the side of one of the silver(?) buttons? "The lost scene"I have no idea what it refers to and have never heard about that detail.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

I received my Carpe leather shirt yesterday, the fit is excellent (probably a size 2) and I will definitely be keeping it. Right now it's lying on it's own oriental pillow, all twisted up in hope it gets all wrinkled for my next wearing.

Anybody knows about an inscription present on the side of one of the silver(?) buttons? "The lost scene"I have no idea what it refers to and have never heard about that detail.

[/quote]

Congrats! You should wash it! The buttons are silver indeed, he used to do various messages, I doubt you can find significant meaning behind them, but it's a cool detail. I don't think he's done that in the last years.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Ah the Carpe Diem leather is soooo amazing and so is the Amadei leather (I've honestly never seen ANY like it! Be it the bags, the belt or the wallets).

I wish there was some detailed article on exactly how they do what they do and how they create leathers that are both washable and stunning at the same time!

I've worn my leather shirt and been caught in light rain before and it's been no big deal at all. Definitely got some stares as most people with leather jackets would run for cover under such conditions hahaha.

-A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Ah the Carpe Diem leather is soooo amazing and so is the Amadei leather (I've honestly never seen ANY like it! Be it the bags, the belt or the wallets).

I wish there was some detailed article on exactly how they do what they do and how they create leathers that are both washable and stunning at the same time!

I've worn my leather shirt and been caught in light rain before and it's been no big deal at all. Definitely got some stares as most people with leather jackets would run for cover under such conditions hahaha.

-A

[/quote]

C.Diem leather is definitely impressive, especially considering it is machine washablebut I must say I'm puzzled about your statements about other leathers, I definitely see no problem about wearing pretty much any leather article in the rain...Do you think it comes from a fear the dye would run off?

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• bakla
                          • Oct 2006

Got this Hare Napoleonic pea coat in from Tokyo today. It still amazes me that I - a size 36 in the US - am the Japanese equivalent of a Large in many brands!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

That is GORGEOUS! Who is it by?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• implicit
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]That is GORGEOUS! Who is it by?
                              [/quote]

http://zozo.jp/shop/hare/

the company is hare. i really like their peacoats.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

nice jacket, but i must say hare is very low quality though. they do some blatant rip offs of dior, raf, etc. they did raf sneakers this past season.

told you so fuuma, you can thank me now for posting that picture ;) water dries out the leather and causes it to crack - i'm not sure what they do to it so this doesn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎