Page 17 of 1199 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627671175171017 ... LastLast

Thread: Your recent purchases

Default Re: Your recent purchases

picked up this suede dries messenger bag today.. not sure if i want to keep it =/

/\ [Y] I loved it then, and I love it now. If I wasn't all bagged out, I would've bought it last season at Barneys.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

[quote user="casem83"]

Just read the SZ fine print and realized it's obligatory to buy something Ann Dem. from the aloharag sale. So I got this polo in Small, hope it fits. I like the jackets, but I'm new to Ann so thought I'd ease into it since it's a final sale and I'm not too familiar with how it fits me. Wish I would've gotten that scarf last night when it was still there. Can't wait to see everyone in their new digs in WAYT.

[/quote]

ROFL!!! BTW, if it turn out to be too big, you have my number...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Goddamnit. I can't believe that I haven't been home in the last two days, I've had my eyes on those Ann D. polos forever. Then again, I'm sure most of you have as well, so that's probably not too out there. Anyway, I completely missed the sale. I think I'm going to get some friends an Ann D. patch, one of those chain + brooches and a scarf.

[quote user="minya"][quote user="khiev"]

Faust, what a coincidence that I got exactly the same scarf for my gf as a gift.

Just found out about the sales at aloha today, and I profited by getting two more items from Ann Dem.

And this hoodie in XXS

It's funny how Ann's size mixed cashmere-wool sweaters always run on the larger size... I always have to get an XXS to fit me.

[/quote]what's your usual size? I picked up an XS in that sweater. I hope it fits... I'm usually a US 38.
    [/quote]

Wow I already have that one in x-small btw and I hesitated between x-small and small. I'd say the x-small will fit you but you won't get the original look the designer was going for-somewhat drapey and anti-fit, not that it should matter if you're satisfied with what you get. Since it is somewhat see-through when exposed to light, it's nice to have some parts that aren't close to your body as they gauzy and "ethereal", creating an interesting effect. I am, of course, over-analyzing it and, like I mentioned before, it will definitely fit you. If you’re worried I can take measurements tomorrow and post them on the forum so you know aloharag didn’t mislead you. BTW does it mean we’re at least 4 SZ posters with the same designer hoodie? (Khiev, Minya, Coldrice, me).

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

[quote user="Servo2000"]Goddamnit. I can't believe that I haven't been home in the last two days, I've had my eyes on those Ann D. polos forever. Then again, I'm sure most of you have as well, so that's probably not too out there. Anyway, I completely missed the sale. I think I'm going to get some friends an Ann D. patch, one of those chain + brooches and a scarf.[/quote]

Polos suck anyway, being away saved you from the indignity the other posters will have to suffer. [:P] I'm kidding but sincerely I'v yet to see a polo I liked/wold wear. I think I'll start a thread and see what's out there.

[quote user="Fuuma"]

[quote user="Servo2000"]Goddamnit. I can't believe that I haven't been home in the last two days, I've had my eyes on those Ann D. polos forever. Then again, I'm sure most of you have as well, so that's probably not too out there. Anyway, I completely missed the sale. I think I'm going to get some friends an Ann D. patch, one of those chain + brooches and a scarf.[/quote]

Polos suck anyway, being away saved you from the indignity the other posters will have to suffer. [:P] I'm kidding but sincerely I'v yet to see a polo I liked/wold wear. I think I'll start a thread and see what's out there.

[/quote]

Well, for those of us who have to deal with wearing garbage like polos to work, this one was a dandy alternative.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Same. I find myself attending (at least!) several functions a year for school that required polo-business-sort casual, and these seemed, as Faust put it, "a dandy alternative."

[quote user="Fuuma"][quote user="minya"][quote user="khiev"]

Faust, what a coincidence that I got exactly the same scarf for my gf as a gift.

Just found out about the sales at aloha today, and I profited by getting two more items from Ann Dem.

And this hoodie in XXS

It's funny how Ann's size mixed cashmere-wool sweaters always run on the larger size... I always have to get an XXS to fit me.

[/quote]what's your usual size? I picked up an XS in that sweater. I hope it fits... I'm usually a US 38.
    [/quote]

Wow I already have that one in x-small btw and I hesitated between x-small and small. I'd say the x-small will fit you but you won't get the original look the designer was going for-somewhat drapey and anti-fit, not that it should matter if you're satisfied with what you get. Since it is somewhat see-through when exposed to light, it's nice to have some parts that aren't close to your body as they gauzy and "ethereal", creating an interesting effect. I am, of course, over-analyzing it and, like I mentioned before, it will definitely fit you. If you’re worried I can take measurements tomorrow and post them on the forum so you know aloharag didn’t mislead you. BTW does it mean we’re at least 4 SZ posters with the same designer hoodie? (Khiev, Minya, Coldrice, me).

[/quote]

Yes, it was one of my concerns when choosing between the XS and XXS last season, but I was relieved to have gotten the latter because once I got the sweater, it was still plenty drapey enough to maintain the original look envisioned by the designer. I have the same expectations for this hoodie since it's made out of the same mix of material.

[quote user="minomni"]

picked up this suede dries messenger bag today.. not sure if i want to keep it =/

[/quote]

it's a sweet bag, and nice proportions. i have 2 dries bags from previous seasons with a similar shape - - - let it get some dirt and wear, it'll look great. if all else fails, soak it.

a rick coat similar to this... except the zipper is visible

that looks nice!do you have a pic of yours?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

That looks stunning, goethe [Y] Would love to see a pic of you wearing it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

seconded! Missed the boat on the Aloha sale, alas. Did pick up the following, and will post pics when I get them.

Junya x goretex shell, Acronym gt-j1 shell, a few squash racquets (any players?)

gorgeous goethe! I love the neck. A pic would be great.

The Dries bag is great--it will look amazing once it wears in a bit.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Some november-december purchases:

there better be good deal to be had in hk or i'm going to be pissed i passed on those boots [;)]

Here's the Jil Sander jacket I decided to get despite some "nay's" in "yes or no" [:P]

I like how it looks suble but the cut, material, and construction is funky. The material is very light yet warm, the wool band at the bottom is very wide and fits snugly around the waist and the jacket material comes down over most of the band (same with cuffs) As you can see here:

Jacket looks great casem. Good purchase.

Thanks Will.
    Sidenote: The pic is angled down so it makes me look shorter, I'm fairly tall and I think it helps pull off the volume.