X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deuxmille
    • Nov 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

I can't find pictures of it online and I don't have a camera on hands, but I picked up a Bless trench two days ago. It's in the waxed cotton fabric they've been using everywhere this season. I'm completely in love, it fits me quite nicely... can't wait to beat it up a bit!

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

probably the most excited you can get about a black l/s tshirt

[img]/forums/Albert%20Huang:%20head%20out%20with%20your%20ned%2 0out%21[/img]

the cut on this is absolutely amazing. it really lives up to the idea behind linea as a "second skin" - but at the same time it's not tight either. it's made out of two pieces of fabric- one to make the arms and the neck, and one making up the body. the seams of the arms start at the armpit and twist around to the top of the hand. the back seam of the body twists from the center to the side of the body. not sure what the fabric blend is, but it's been distressed with many small pinholes throughout the fabric. there's an excess strand of fabric cut that was from cutting the neck hole and left to hang.

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Love the Cloak trench^^^ I was thinking of getting it but couldn't find my size when sales hit.

I hit up Hejfina in chicago for some cloak, also managed to snag the hoodie and t-shirt off yoox, before greedy ebayers bought them [8-)]

-Cloak black pants, the fit is perfect, slim but not tight, this has been a gap in my wardrobe, I didn't have any black casual pants until now, they'll get a lot of use and be good for breaking up the jeans.

-Cloak sleevless hoodie and white tee from yoox

-Cloak oxblood wrinkled shirt, I love the fit of cloak shirts and I like that they're short enough they look good untucked, because sometimes I feel a bit stuffy tucking button ups into jeans

music

Comment

• khiev
          • Nov 2006

edward green cognac boots, edward green oxford shoes, dries van noten white v-neck shirt from yoox

Comment

• andrewislasorad
            • Nov 2006

Nice cloak purchases Casem83.

I tired on the same shirt at Barney's this last weekend, ended up puting a similar shirt in a steel gray and a blk/grey 'dinner' coat jacket on presale hold for this fridays 40% markdowns. I also tired on a pair of the felt boots for the Fall line, again they were running quite large; 1-2 sizes larger. Looked beautiful, but I was afraid that I might not get much use out of them, plus the felt part worries me a bit with any sort of wear and weather. I also picked up that sleeveless hoody off eBay, can't wait to for it to arrive. I am still debating on ordering the 'work shirt' of Hejfina [any good?] or just waiting for Cloak's Nyc store's big markdowns sometime this month. Anyways sorry for the rant, first post on here and all [long time lurker].

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

I tried on that work shirt, it wasn't really my style but I think I tried all the cloak Hejfina had in my size. It's really thick material and cut a bit boxier than their regular button ups, but I imagine it is supposed to be worn with a tee shirt underneath like a shirt jacket type thing. Could be cool on the right person, but not for me. The item I actually went there for was the oversized houndstooth pattern cardigan, but I ended up not liking it. I didn't look, but it felt like cotton, it was very thin and some of the button holes looked like they had already stretched a bit. I dunno, I still love that cardigan on the runway, but I wasn't crazy about it on me (maybe it needs a jacket over it) and even on sale it's still very expensive.
              music

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="andrewislasorad"]

Nice cloak purchases Casem83.

I tired on the same shirt at Barney's this last weekend, ended up puting a similar shirt in a steel gray and a blk/grey 'dinner' coat jacket on presale hold for this fridays 40% markdowns. I also tired on a pair of the felt boots for the Fall line, again they were running quite large; 1-2 sizes larger. Looked beautiful, but I was afraid that I might not get much use out of them, plus the felt part worries me a bit with any sort of wear and weather. I also picked up that sleeveless hoody off eBay, can't wait to for it to arrive. I am still debating on ordering the 'work shirt' of Hejfina [any good?] or just waiting for Cloak's Nyc store's big markdowns sometime this month. Anyways sorry for the rant, first post on here and all [long time lurker].

[/quote]

I mailed it yesterday, you should get it tomorrow. [G]

I bought an iPOD Nano (couldn't wait for my birthday).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                  • Nov 2006

Darkanimal has the cloak work shirt [i used his photo of it in the boots post], I like the boxy cut shirts [thick too] with tighter legged pants and a good boot. I still think if I wait, the Cloak sale will end up being the cheapest for me, Hejfina is only 25% mark downs, any idea how much Cloak marks down, I think its a standard 40%.

Thanks Faust, nice to know its coming from a good home [;)]

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Glad you like the shoes, Faust! Congrats on the nano--I'm extremely attached to mine.

Very nice purchases all. Casem, I definitely prefer your Chicago buys to the yoox stuff. Excellent choices.

I've been rather bad this week. [6]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Glad you like the shoes, Faust! Congrats on the nano--I'm extremely attached to mine.

Very nice purchases all. Casem, I definitely prefer your Chicago buys to the yoox stuff. Excellent choices.

I've been rather bad this week. [6]

[/quote]

Ooooooooooooh - Faust wants to know!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

Yea, Cloak markdown is 40% so it's the best deal unless you can get what you want at Barney's. If I remember correctly the Cloak boutique sale started really late over the summer, almost a month after everyone else. But I won't be in NY when it happens this time so that's why I took what I could get at Hejfina. Did anyone go to the boutique sale over the summer? I got the e-mail and it said they had a DJ and party that night, but I went in the morning to get the best selection (and I had class at night). Seems really silly though trying to charge full price when you're merch. is marked down everywhere else intown, plus they had just about everything left so it's not like they were doing really well without marking down.
                        music

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]Yea, Cloak markdown is 40% so it's the best deal unless you can get what you want at Barney's. If I remember correctly the Cloak boutique sale started really late over the summer, almost a month after everyone else. But I won't be in NY when it happens this time so that's why I took what I could get at Hejfina. Did anyone go to the boutique sale over the summer? I got the e-mail and it said they had a DJ and party that night, but I went in the morning to get the best selection (and I had class at night). Seems really silly though trying to charge full price when you're merch. is marked down everywhere else intown, plus they had just about everything left so it's not like they were doing really well without marking down.[/quote]

Vanity is their favorite sin.

The dynamics of certain boutiques are often strange. Dept. stores tend to care less what they mark down, because it's a large operation and often orders come down from above. Boutiques are more aware of what's hot or not. So, Atelier will not put CDiem and Poell on sale, for example, because it's just a hot ticket (and well, CDiem has that rule, bla, bla, bla). Last season Yohji boutique did not go on sale altogether. What were they trying to prove? I have no idea.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• een
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

probably the most excited you can get about a black l/s tshirt

[img]/forums/Albert%20Huang:%20head%20out%20with%20your%20ned%2 0out%21[/img]

[/quote]

linea?

beautiful cut - love the way the sleeves wrap slightly i have one in grey cotton - i cut off the excess fabric on the neck though...

Comment

• khiev
                              • Nov 2006

Was debating between a pair of carpe diem, santoni, or berluti, or a nice pair of 45rpm... I ended up purchasing the berluti piercing masai in fuma---> will post a picture of these beauties when they get here tmr if that's ok with you guys.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

gf got me this raf simons sweater from barneys:

btw, cloak doesn't have a mailing list, correct? i'd be down to hit their winter sale.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎