Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="Faust"]

[Y]

Where did you get Howell in the US?

[/quote]

I actually called the store in London and ordered directly from there. The lady who helped me was extremely nice and answered all my questions. They are my Lanvin sweatpant trouser substitute. :)
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="Faust"]

[Y]

Where did you get Howell in the US?

[/quote]

I actually called the store in London and ordered directly from there. The lady who helped me was extremely nice and answered all my questions. They are my Lanvin sweatpant trouser substitute. :)

[/quote]

Smooth.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gusgusterson
        • Mar 2007

Raf Simons trousers with pleats that I will probably split if i move too quickly

Greg Lagola made to measure blazer in wool jersey

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]A few things for Winter...

Jil Sander brown lace ups
          Jil Sander black w/ silver cardigan
          Jil Sander wool v-neck pullover sweater
          Jil Sander narrow light grey trousers
          Patrik Ervell american trench in wool
          Margaret Howell jersey trousers in navy
          Lanvin beanie w/ bill
          Black Fleece white and blue/white striped oxford shirts

:D

[/quote]

It has to be said, yet again, how ridiculously good your taste is. [51]

Now, when do we get pics, hmmm? [:^)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

OK! So I got the CCP A suit today and tried it on to find that it was a little big on me, especially considering that it is quite expensive and I wanted it to fit perfectly. At first I was simply going to send it back. Than I thought that I might keep it as it wasn't too far off the mark. So I started to look into its construction and I have to say that I was initially very impressed. That quickly turned to absolute horror when I saw that there was some stitching that had come undone on the suit coat. The lapel in the area where it is stitched into the inside of the collar was undone. There was some loose fabric hanging there and threading was loose around it. Needless to say, I was struck by a heavy sense of vertigo that came at me like a big rig and I was the deer in front of its headlights. Holy crap man! That's some fucked up shit to be finding on a suit that you just dropped some major coin on. Suffice to say this purchase turned out to be a nightmare. I talked to Karlo and he said that there were no issues with the suit and that I should send the suit back and they will assess the situation from there. I asked Karlo before he shipped it out to me if there were any issues with the suit as I was concerned that it had been on the floor due to the fact that it was one of two left and the more the common size of the two remaining. I'm not saying anyone is at fault here, but how can one overlook something like that. Granted it was something that I could have easily overlooked had I not taken the time to study its construction. And "send the suit back and we'll assess the situation" is a response that had left me gravely distraught, to say the least. By the belly of Buddha I swear I don't know how to take all this. My experiences with A have been good thus far, but this this is truly disheartening.

Can anyone offer some words of encouragement with return experiences with A that will console me for the time being? I sent the suit back overnight, to expedite the resolution of this whole transaction. But OOOH MAN! Talk about a thorn in the side. Great suit otherwise though, LOL!
            Well at least I can laugh about it though I'm disappointed and that is an understatement on a cosmic scale.

Pardon the poor grammar here. Don't really care for the rules of proper english at the moment. (Sorry Laika. As a teacher on the subject, I'm sure this could be very annoying to you if you've opted to read through this post.)

OK, I'll stop now as I know I'm blowing off steam and this might not be the best place to do it. Though I could go on for hours/pages. haha

Originally posted by Faust
            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Well Laika, I'll be in NY in 3 weeks, we should meet up for sure! Hopefully Santa will bring me a new camera too. :)

And thank you very much! [:$]
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

total bummer man
                just one of the pitfalls of ordering online. yesterday i got the black LUC seismic off sufu and it was a 44 but i thought the measurements would work and i'm a 46 and of course i put a hole in an armpit.
                i had a fantastic experience w karlo returning an MA+ bag. karlo went beyond the call of duty on that one. You guys are gonna work it out, A's forever super cool. He respects you as a client, and is not gonna let some loose thread ruin that relationship.
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Wow Dave!!!

I'm soooo sorry to hear that man!

I wonder what happened... the suit was pristine when I had it (put the jacket on maybe for 2 minutes total). You could be right in regards to it being tried on in the store (especially with all the sales going on).

Not sure what you should expect my friend. The only semi-similar situation was with a pair of CCP boots I got indirectly from A. The original buyer received them and there was a (CCP done) small leather patch job at a corner of the upper/sole intersection right at the widest part of the foot. I believe that he got a slight discount because of it.

It's not the same thing, but they really do try to amend the situation there.

Keep us posted!

All the best!!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

:(((((((((((((((( major bummer on the suit. i'm very sure that things will work themselves out as A is full of great people.
                    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="DHC"]

Pardon the poor grammar here. Don't really care for the rules of proper english at the moment. (Sorry Laika. As a teacher on the subject, I'm sure this could be very annoying to you if you've opted to read through this post.)

[/quote]

Your english sounds fine to me...I'm not an english teacher though, dunno where you got that idea! [72]

I'm so sorry to hearthis about the suit,but I'm confident that you will work this out with A. I should think they would be very invested in keeping this community of customers happy. [51]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• digital_d
                        • Nov 2006

I've had a horrible experience with A. I had a transaction with Cas and some credit and they shipped the wrong MA+ belt and I just wanted the right one. It was past the 7 day mark and they refused to even exchange it for the right one or even give me credit. I think Sarturo said I should try and sell it. I think it would have been simple enough to just exchange for another item and if it was more, i was more than willing to pay the difference. But no, they flat out said no, and even charged me another 10 dollars to ship it back again. And the cost of the shipping was only 5 bucks!! I don't care how exclusive and nice their brands are, i can't support a business with that kind of customer service.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Well Laika, I'll be in NY in 3 weeks, we should meet up for sure! Hopefully Santa will bring me a new camera too. :)

And thank you very much! [:$]

[/quote]

for sure!! [51]

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

[quote user="laika"][quote user="DHC"]

[/quote]

Your english sounds fine to me...I'm not an english teacher though, dunno where you got that idea! [72]

I'm so sorry to hearthis about the suit,but I'm confident that you will work this out with A. I should think they would be very invested in keeping this community of customers happy. [51]

[/quote]

LOL! Now that I think I about it, I don't know where the hell that came from either. [^o)]

Thanks to everyone for all your words of encouragement. I didn't dream that there would be such an upturn of support. Makes me feel all fuzzy inside and its keeping the hope alive. teehee. Seriously, you are all great and thanks again for helping me rise above this cloud of disappointment.

DigiD: I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience with A. It is a very unfortunate one at that. My concern is that they sent me a damaged item and that I might be held 'liable' for it. I had the suit in my possession for no more than 2 hours. It sat in its bag for the bulk of that time too. I tried it on than laid it out and examined it. Found the flaw, freaked, called A and than ran over to the post office to overnight it back to them. We'll see how they deal with this mess.

Originally posted by Faust
                            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• ionn26
                              • Feb 2007

DHC... I am sorry to hear that the suits didn't work out.. but you know.. there are always other suits to choose from... not just CCP... but I guess it is more of your experience with A that you were talking about. I had my fair share of GREAT and BAD service both at A. I will not go into details... but hey.. afterall.. we all have our share of bad salesperson... not just at A.. but EVERYWHERE![72]

I hope everything will work out!

Comment

• macuser3of5
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Purity"]Hey Macuser, could you post pictures of you wearing the V&R blazer when you recieve it? I am also considering getting it.[/quote]

Here it is (crap picture i know, but hey, what can you do...?)

Utterly decadent in person, the pictures on yoox and here do not do it justice. The fit is pretty spot-on for a slim 38/48 (kind of like Costume National, in a way), with a good deal of waist suppression. I'm a 39" chest and a 30.5" waist, 5'9"-10", and it hits dead on. The sleeves will need adjustment, naturally. The construction is quite amazing (fully canvassed interior, THICK soft silk on the lapel, and an overall elegant appearance, the coat slides right on). Worth every dollar. This, and the pants (if you're on the fence in a size, go down, they're a pinch loose fitting), are a perfect tuxedo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎