• Jun 2007

Re: Your recent purchases

Agreed, great shirt. But wont it be a bit tricky to iron? [83]

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Joe"]Agreed, great shirt. But wont it be a bit tricky to iron? [83][/quote]

LOL. It's the first thing that came to my mind. I proceeded to examine the pleats thoroughly and I am pretty sure that because at every turn the pleats are carefully stitched through, they will stay as supposed.

Also, the picture doesn't really show the fabric covered buttons, which are a very nice touch, as well as the side to front darts.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Bespoke leather gloves (silk lining)

Helmut Lang "buckskin" suit (100% cotton, feels like moleskin to me).

Rick Owens removablefur collar leather jacket

Luc pants (thanks Faust)

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

i currently have that RO jacket of yours. i'm holding it for ransom!!! ;)
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• dontbecruel
            • Sep 2006

Hey Faust, are you feeling any different about the quality and design integrity of (n)n clothes now you have something of your own?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]Hey Faust, are you feeling any different about the quality and design integrity of (n)n clothes now you have something of your own?
              [/quote]

Design integrity - no, quality - absolutely. Funny you should say this - I was speaking to Atelier staff, and we agreed that since the Belgians have started to cut corners, it's the Japanese we turn to. I still think Miyashita is merely a stylist.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i currently have that RO jacket of yours. i'm holding it for ransom!!! ;)
                [/quote]

If you can fit it without stretching it take a WAYW picture, it could look hilarious cause it is rather small...

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

i'd probably rip it. i'm that strong or fat. which ever you'd prefer.
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ another fashion truism?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                      • Sep 2006

"I still think Miyashita is merely a stylist."

You're probably right about Miyashita, Faust, but I slightly take issue with the word merely.

By and large, I prefer designers who depend on construction methods and details, rather than putting a derivative shape in the right fabric on the right model. But great styling from great designers can be pretty thrilling. It's basically about knowing what looks cool, right? YSL's Le Smoking was merely styling after all!

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i'd probably rip it. i'm that strong or fat. which ever you'd prefer.
                        [/quote]

I'llchoose strong and in exchange you don't try on the jacket....BTW Kasper is atHolt right now, je just called me so if you want something contact me now!!!

Comment

• tofu
                          • Nov 2007

[quote user="sam_tem"]

I shouldn't have gotten this but I'mtoo addicted to pass up any Cloak in my size.

[IG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...8081447bom.jpg[/IMG][IG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...8081456bom.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

where'd you get yours? i bought a hussar jacket off yahoo japan in size small that used the same photos a few weeks ago

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

"I still think Miyashita is merely a stylist."

You're probably right about Miyashita, Faust, but I slightly take issue with the word merely.

By and large, I prefer designers who depend on construction methods and details, rather than putting a derivative shape in the right fabric on the right model. But great styling from great designers can be pretty thrilling. It's basically about knowing what looks cool, right? YSL's Le Smoking was merely styling after all!

[/quote]

Point well taken. I just like calling things/people by their name :-) YSL's Le Smoking was derivative, but revolutionary (putting it on a woman) - Miyashita's shows, not so much. I guess he is too literal for me. Take that Axl Rose show, for example, he simply recreated Axl's clothes. Whereas someone like Ann or Raf or Junya - you can frame their clothes by terms such as "rock'n'roll" or "punk," or "biker," yet their clothes are unmistakably their own.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                              • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="dontbecruel"]Hey Faust, are you feeling any different about the quality and design integrity of (n)n clothes now you have something of your own?
                              [/quote]

Design integrity - no, quality - absolutely. Funny you should say this - I was speaking to Atelier staff, and we agreed that since the Belgians have started to cut corners, it's the Japanese we turn to. I still think Miyashita is merely a stylist.

[/quote]

The funny thing is that Taka had more design chops showing in every article of clothing before he started doing runway shows in the past few years. The pieces I own and saw of his back from, say, 1997-99 showed such complex patterns and cuts, we thought he couldn't possibly make them commercially viable because the clothing would have been too prohibitive to produce. He had all sorts of seams on shoulders, elbows and all sorts of body-shaping darts long before Hedi made his signature back shoulder and buttock darts. I still own some of the pieces even if I can never wear them, because the patterns were so innovative.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I remember you saying that, bakla. Maybe one day you'll invite me over so I can take a look [66]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎