X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Recently bought CCP dark grey Ramie jacket. Nicest thing I've ever bought, if not the most comfortable. The arms are cut narrower than any shirt I have!

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]Recently bought CCP dark grey Ramie jacket. Nicest thing I've ever bought, if not the most comfortable. The arms are cut narrower than any shirt I have! [/quote]

Sounds gooooooooood. If you get a chance, pictures would be appreciated.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Got an Ann Dem black silk with chain scarves from aloharag. Will be a New Year's present for my wife. [G]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

What good taste you have. [Y] I got the same scarf, but with the metallic chains. And the navyxblack scarf for my bf.
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]What good taste you have. [Y] I got the same scarf, but with the metallic chains. And the navyxblack scarf for my bf.
            [/quote]

Thank you - so do you! Nice pickups! [Y]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

what IS ramie? i don't think it's been in any of my clothing before... jacket looks beautiful though. hope i get to see it/buy it! [:)]

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]what IS ramie? i don't think it's been in any of my clothing before... jacket looks beautiful though. hope i get to see it/buy it! [:)]
                [/quote]

Ramie is an organic fiber that adds softness and depth of color (due to just a bare visible sheen). The wool/ramie jacket Ann did this season had a darker black color and a softer feel the 100% wool one.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

Yes I think it's a kind of grass or something similar. It is actually quite linen-like, but more dense, creases quite a lot. Because the arms are so snug you sort of get permanent creaes at the elbows and shoulders. I wasn't sure about that to begin with but now I quite like it. It's sort of like how his shoes go, if you think about it. I will try to post pic of me wearing it, although I'm a bit tech-lite at the moment due to house move, but it's the jacket that's on the Barney's japan website.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]Yes I think it's a kind of grass or something similar. It is actually quite linen-like, but more dense, creases quite a lot. Because the arms are so snug you sort of get permanent creaes at the elbows and shoulders. I wasn't sure about that to begin with but now I quite like it. It's sort of like how his shoes go, if you think about it. I will try to post pic of me wearing it, although I'm a bit tech-lite at the moment due to house move, but it's the jacket that's on the Barney's japan website.[/quote]

How's the house?!?!?! (btw, we are postponing our London trip until late May).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• khiev
                      • Nov 2006

Faust, what a coincidence that I got exactly the same scarf for my gf as a gift.

Just found out about the sales at aloha today, and I profited by getting two more items from Ann Dem.

This jacket in small:

And this hoodie in XXS

It's funny how Ann's size mixed cashmere-wool sweaters always run on the larger size... I always have to get an XXS to fit me.

Comment

• khiev
                        • Nov 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]Recently bought CCP dark grey Ramie jacket. Nicest thing I've ever bought, if not the most comfortable. The arms are cut narrower than any shirt I have! [/quote]

Great pickup! We want pics!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="khiev"]

Faust, what a coincidence that I got exactly the same scarf for my gf as a gift.

Just found out about the sales at aloha today, and I profited by getting two more items from Ann Dem.

This jacket in small:

And this hoodie in XXS

It's funny how Ann's size mixed cashmere-wool sweaters always run on the larger size... I always have to get an XXS to fit me.

[/quote]

Nice! Do you know how those Ann Dem polos fit? I want one.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• minya
                            • Nov 2006

[quote user="khiev"]

This jacket in small:

And this hoodie in XXS

[/quote]what's your usual size? I picked up an XS in that sweater. I hope it fits... I'm usually a US 38.

Comment

• gunpwdr
                              • Oct 2006

XS = US 38? Wacky size scale...

Comment

• minya
                                • Nov 2006

yeah, I don't know, man. But the measurements were right so I hope it works out :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎