• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

you and me both.

do they usually send out shipment confirmations? i was hoping they'd ship today...

Comment

• khiev
      • Nov 2006

Yeah, that's why her sizing is so strange for her cotton-cashmere sweaters. Last season, I picked up her version of the stripe long sleeve crewneck cotton-cashmere sweater in XXS and I'd say in a US36 in most brands. So Minya, I suppose that the XS would fit you as a US38. Like you mentioned, the only reason I had the guts to pick an XXS is because of the measurements given on the website, which were thankfully very accurate.

Comment

• khiev
        • Nov 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

you and me both.

do they usually send out shipment confirmations? i was hoping they'd ship today...

[/quote]

Yes, they usually take a couple of business days to ship, but they mostly take about 5-7 business days to get to my destination. I wonder why they don't offer other types of expedited shipping. Are Fedex and UPS expensive over there?

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

:( that means i probably won't get it before i leave - but they say they ship 2nd day air using Fedex

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Just read the SZ fine print and realized it's obligatory to buy something Ann Dem. from the aloharag sale. So I got this polo in Small, hope it fits. I like the jackets, but I'm new to Ann so thought I'd ease into it since it's a final sale and I'm not too familiar with how it fits me. Wish I would've gotten that scarf last night when it was still there. Can't wait to see everyone in their new digs in WAYT.

music

Comment

• minomni
              • Oct 2006

picked up this suede dries messenger bag today.. not sure if i want to keep it =/

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ [Y] I loved it then, and I love it now. If I wasn't all bagged out, I would've bought it last season at Barneys.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]

Just read the SZ fine print and realized it's obligatory to buy something Ann Dem. from the aloharag sale. So I got this polo in Small, hope it fits. I like the jackets, but I'm new to Ann so thought I'd ease into it since it's a final sale and I'm not too familiar with how it fits me. Wish I would've gotten that scarf last night when it was still there. Can't wait to see everyone in their new digs in WAYT.

[/quote]

ROFL!!! BTW, if it turn out to be too big, you have my number...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                    • Oct 2006

Goddamnit. I can't believe that I haven't been home in the last two days, I've had my eyes on those Ann D. polos forever. Then again, I'm sure most of you have as well, so that's probably not too out there. Anyway, I completely missed the sale. I think I'm going to get some friends an Ann D. patch, one of those chain + brooches and a scarf.
                    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="minya"][quote user="khiev"]

Faust, what a coincidence that I got exactly the same scarf for my gf as a gift.

Just found out about the sales at aloha today, and I profited by getting two more items from Ann Dem.

And this hoodie in XXS

It's funny how Ann's size mixed cashmere-wool sweaters always run on the larger size... I always have to get an XXS to fit me.

[/quote]what's your usual size? I picked up an XS in that sweater. I hope it fits... I'm usually a US 38.
                      [/quote]

Wow I already have that one in x-small btw and I hesitated between x-small and small. I'd say the x-small will fit you but you won't get the original look the designer was going for-somewhat drapey and anti-fit, not that it should matter if you're satisfied with what you get. Since it is somewhat see-through when exposed to light, it's nice to have some parts that aren't close to your body as they gauzy and "ethereal", creating an interesting effect. I am, of course, over-analyzing it and, like I mentioned before, it will definitely fit you. If you’re worried I can take measurements tomorrow and post them on the forum so you know aloharag didn’t mislead you. BTW does it mean we’re at least 4 SZ posters with the same designer hoodie? (Khiev, Minya, Coldrice, me).

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]Goddamnit. I can't believe that I haven't been home in the last two days, I've had my eyes on those Ann D. polos forever. Then again, I'm sure most of you have as well, so that's probably not too out there. Anyway, I completely missed the sale. I think I'm going to get some friends an Ann D. patch, one of those chain + brooches and a scarf.[/quote]

Polos suck anyway, being away saved you from the indignity the other posters will have to suffer. [:P] I'm kidding but sincerely I'v yet to see a polo I liked/wold wear. I think I'll start a thread and see what's out there.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

[quote user="Servo2000"]Goddamnit. I can't believe that I haven't been home in the last two days, I've had my eyes on those Ann D. polos forever. Then again, I'm sure most of you have as well, so that's probably not too out there. Anyway, I completely missed the sale. I think I'm going to get some friends an Ann D. patch, one of those chain + brooches and a scarf.[/quote]

Polos suck anyway, being away saved you from the indignity the other posters will have to suffer. [:P] I'm kidding but sincerely I'v yet to see a polo I liked/wold wear. I think I'll start a thread and see what's out there.

[/quote]

Well, for those of us who have to deal with wearing garbage like polos to work, this one was a dandy alternative.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                            • Oct 2006

Same. I find myself attending (at least!) several functions a year for school that required polo-business-sort casual, and these seemed, as Faust put it, "a dandy alternative."

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• khiev
                              • Nov 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"][quote user="minya"][quote user="khiev"]

Faust, what a coincidence that I got exactly the same scarf for my gf as a gift.

Just found out about the sales at aloha today, and I profited by getting two more items from Ann Dem.

And this hoodie in XXS

It's funny how Ann's size mixed cashmere-wool sweaters always run on the larger size... I always have to get an XXS to fit me.

[/quote]what's your usual size? I picked up an XS in that sweater. I hope it fits... I'm usually a US 38.
                              [/quote]

Wow I already have that one in x-small btw and I hesitated between x-small and small. I'd say the x-small will fit you but you won't get the original look the designer was going for-somewhat drapey and anti-fit, not that it should matter if you're satisfied with what you get. Since it is somewhat see-through when exposed to light, it's nice to have some parts that aren't close to your body as they gauzy and "ethereal", creating an interesting effect. I am, of course, over-analyzing it and, like I mentioned before, it will definitely fit you. If you’re worried I can take measurements tomorrow and post them on the forum so you know aloharag didn’t mislead you. BTW does it mean we’re at least 4 SZ posters with the same designer hoodie? (Khiev, Minya, Coldrice, me).

[/quote]

Yes, it was one of my concerns when choosing between the XS and XXS last season, but I was relieved to have gotten the latter because once I got the sweater, it was still plenty drapey enough to maintain the original look envisioned by the designer. I have the same expectations for this hoodie since it's made out of the same mix of material.

Comment

• een
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="minomni"]

picked up this suede dries messenger bag today.. not sure if i want to keep it =/

[/quote]

it's a sweet bag, and nice proportions. i have 2 dries bags from previous seasons with a similar shape - - - let it get some dirt and wear, it'll look great. if all else fails, soak it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎