X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

i saw the demeulemeester scarf on aloha rag, and i'm annoyed that i dropped the ball on that one for the sale price.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• deuxmille
      • Nov 2006

Nice buys CHRIS! I really like the accordion neck sweater, it's a good beater.... I shouldn't have paid the ridiculous japanese retail though :(

Comment

• Tiger
        Banned
        • Sep 2006

I just bought a leather jacket from A, supposedly by Rick Owens but strangely the inside label says Olmar and Mirta and no Rick Owens label at all.(I didn't get to see the tag cause my gf threw itaway...)I *sort of* heard that Olmar and Mirta is a distributor(?)and produced the Slab Jeans Collection? I'm not sure..., does anybody know? Or did I just purchase an Olmar and Mirta leather jacket? (not that it really matters since I'm fully satisfied with the buy...)

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

That is a REALLY nice black leather jacket!! May I ask how much? I may have to pick one up myself :)

-A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Tiger
            Banned
            • Sep 2006

Thanks. The full retail price was around $2,400 but with the 40% off I paid $1,465. FYI there's only one left in size L right now...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Weird. Did you look at the lining? There is usually a Rick Owens logo stitched out in the back or on a side.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Tiger
                Banned
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Weird. Did you look at the lining? There is usually a Rick Owens logo stitched out in the back or on a side.[/quote]

Nothing. Ok, I'm freaking out now..., how does the logo look like?

Comment

• msamelia
                  • Dec 2006

this is nice

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Jun"]

[quote user="Faust"]Weird. Did you look at the lining? There is usually a Rick Owens logo stitched out in the back or on a side.[/quote]

Nothing. Ok, I'm freaking out now..., how does the logo look like?

[/quote]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mike
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"]

i also pre-ordered the new '18cm' diors.thank godLVR ordered 26's this season.

[/quote]

From my experience the jeans thatare a cotton/polyester mix run extremely small. For example I had to size up once or twice for the black wrinkle processed jeans from S/S 05. Those seem like they are going to be very tight...

Comment

• CHRIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2006

whatever. they're stretch denim.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Jun"]

I just bought a leather jacket from A, supposedly by Rick Owens but strangely the inside label says Olmar and Mirta and no Rick Owens label at all.(I didn't get to see the tag cause my gf threw itaway...)I *sort of* heard that Olmar and Mirta is a distributor(?)and produced the Slab Jeans Collection? I'm not sure..., does anybody know? Or did I just purchase an Olmar and Mirta leather jacket? (not that it really matters since I'm fully satisfied with the buy...)

[/quote]

A quick search online shows that Olmar&Mirta is a clothing fab company so perhaps they do the production for Rick. The jacket is VERY rick with that distinct rounded diamond stitchwork in the center chest.

I'm calling A in 30 minutes for the size L (and to see just how wide in the chest the large is!) as it's nicer to me than the gray one on yoox is :) Yikes I'm gonna be low on the cash for a while! (just ordered a bunch of CCP, Julius, WJK and The Viridi-Anne for my store)

In keeping with this thread, I just picked up the CCP twist jeans thanks to Coldrice!!!

...and he got the overlock leather jacket. Sick!!!!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Tiger
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2006

Thanks Faust for the photo! but no, no logo....

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

A quick search online shows that Olmar&Mirta is a clothing fab company so perhaps they do the production for Rick. The jacket is VERY rick with that distinct rounded diamond stitchwork in the center chest.

I'm calling A in 30 minutes for the size L (and to see just how wide in the chest the large is!) as it's nicer to me than the gray one on yoox is :) [/quote]

Thanks Albert..., did you ask them also about the no logo/label?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Dammit, I just hung up with Karlo and I forgot to ask. He sent me detailed photos but none showing the upper inner neck so I can't see if there is/is not a Rick Owens embroidered name on it. The jacket is unmistakably Rick though. The multistitched inner zipper placket and the diamond shaped pattern in the chest leaves no doubt as to it being Rick. It's possible that these are special orders for A.

It was $1350 for me plus FedEx shipping. Are you in NYC? A $100 diff is pretty big!

Well, after getting this and the CCP twist jeans, I'm... done shopping for a little while. $2.3K in a 4 hour time span is enough.

I'll be putting a Jil Sander Tailor Made jacket in the classifieds along with the Ann multi-zip sueded cotton jacket tonight!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Ok just called them again. Mine doesn't have the Rick stitchwork in the neck either. They confirmed that O&M is the manufacturer for Rick and they said the outerwear they got this season didn't have Rick Owens stitched inside... so says Gentry.

No matter what, it's a badass jacket and the black one yet still cheaper than the gray one on Yoox! Those bastards... jacking up their prices!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎