Page 4 of 1198 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: Your recent purchases

Default Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="darkanimal"]Did you mean knit? If so it's not, just plain canvas and leather combo, the other side of that bag has a side zipper. I got it at Harvey Nicks, Doors on Carnaby area didn't have it, I guess for a small shop needing storage space.
    [/quote]

Doh, edited. Yea, Doors is tiny. And so is Pineal Eye - how do they stay in business?!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Maybe it's more of a front office. Pineal however has very minimal stock, more like a gallery. I think they survive on special orders, as this Japanese lady said she can get me anything I want from the labels they carry that's not on display.

The distressed hoodie looks awesome... can never have enough different variations of a black hoodie i believe... and the scarf is an awesome find...

I know, that is my third black hoodie for this fall alone. I really didn't need one. I slept on most of my purchases and try to think it over first. But of course in the end, temptation wins. Hahaha!

Like Mrs Faust, I now have an Ann D hood/scarf from DSM...

I don't know how this guy is going to pull it up over his hat though.

I also bought the tattoo print tie worn slung round the model's neck in the pic below. I am the original accessories sucker who keeps these designers in business.

I havent got the sole thing done yet. I was told to wear them for a bit before getting that done. Will doit at some point. They are very very nice shoes.

Faust I didnt see that. And yes that is thte brand. I see it's a women's collection - that must be why I had to buy a large in the sweater when my Ann D coat is XS!!

[quote user="Johnny"]Faust I didnt see that. And yes that is thte brand. I see it's a women's collection - that must be why I had to buy a large in the sweater when my Ann D coat is XS!![/quote]

You mean at DSM? Yea, it's strange, they have mens and womens Ann Dem. freely mixed in.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Faust no that's not what I meant, sorry for the very confusing reply!! I meant the Kristensen du Nord thing, not the Ann D. But anyway there's not much difference between the Ann womens and menswear. I really like the AW collection, for both sexes. Just the right balance of softness and agression I think. Like those cropped trousers for men, but don't wear boots, so can't get em.

Really nice stuff, everyone.

My husband came back from a trip to Japan today, and brought me this Undercover "We Make Noise Not Clothes" ring. Mine's picked up a bit more tarnish than the one in the photo, and looks much better for it.

dontbecreul: i love the tie, i saw it in the store and i loved the pattern and the delicate material, but at the same time i was scared it wouldnt last long becasue the material was so delicate.. however it is still beautiful...

droogist: NICE RING!!!

[quote user="Johnny"]

Faust no that's not what I meant, sorry for the
    very confusing reply!! I meant the Kristensen du Nord thing, not the
    Ann D. But anyway there's not much difference between the Ann womens
    and menswear. I really like the AW collection, for both sexes. Just the
    right balance of softness and agression I think. Like those cropped
    trousers for men, but don't wear boots, so can't get em.

[/quote]

Oh,
    Ok! Yes, softness and agression, that's well put. Those
    cropped trousers are on my list for sure. They won't look too
    cropped on me :-), which is perfect.

Droogist, nice ring - didn't know you were an Undercover fan. What did Mr. Droogist get for himself?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

droogist: i am also interested to know what mr. droogist got for himself...

I fed my Margiela trouser addiction with this black brushed cotton pair from Liberty. They have 3D outsized pocket and waist details that are included in a lot of the pieces in the 10 line this season. Pics don't really do them justice.

/\ these are cool. Did you go to the MMM boutique? There were these very cool trousers there recut from a large to small size - they looked really great.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I haven't been to the boutique for quite a while. Somehow Margiela always seems more enticing to me in a small selection. What did you think of the Bruton Place shop? It's a beautiful building isn't it?

[quote user="dontbecruel"]I haven't been to the boutique for quite a while. Somehow Margiela always seems more enticing to me in a small selection. What did you think of the Bruton Place shop? It's a beautiful building isn't it?
    [/quote]

Yes, I loved it - much better than their NYC store. It felt less contrived. The reason why I always welcome boutiques is that they tend to experiment more. There were A LOT of MMM there that I haven't seen elsewhere.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Lovely trousers, dontbecruel

Thanks Faust and Monty. Mr. droogist for the most part exercised restraint, for which he was commended. :D The only item of clothing he bought was this fairly hilarious Wendy&Jim football scarf. The side shown in the photo says "I Am A Man," but the other side really looks like a genuine football scarf, complete with slogan in hideous typeface and the W&J logo on either end.

came in the mail this morning, sorry for the redunancy in the waywt thread.

the lighting isn't all that great so here's the fabric detail:

margiela blazer. treated cotton, not really sure how, but i like it a lot. also came with a tag saying it should wear and fade nicely. sleeves are a bit long- but that might be intended since the 4th button on the cuffs has a false button hole. any idea why he'd do that? i'm not a suit-head, so forgive my ignorance.

droogist- love that ring. want to get one for myself... (on a side note - is there anyway to "speed up" the tarnishing process?)

danimal- like the jas mb bag a lot, i need a black messenger bag myself... tempting.