• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="deuxmille"]Raf Simons Electric blue polyesther turtleneck... the S/S ones will be 30$ more expensive than this season's retail :(

Acne S/S tee... super super nice. Long and airy with short, but not too short sleeves.

Shoe trees.

[/quote]

[Y] Good investment.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
      • Nov 2006

^
      I shouldn't have worn the shoes before buying them though!

While at the store I bought the shoes trees from, I saw the most gorgeous I had ever seen. They were made by some bespoke italian maker whose name I forget, but everything had the perfect shape and the finishing was just crazy. Too bad they were +3000$.

Comment

• nairb49
        • Dec 2006

3000!! I had no idea shoetrees could even hit that mark. But I guess when you're dealing with those bespoke masterpieces....

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="nairb49"]3000!! I had no idea shoetrees could even hit that mark. But I guess when you're dealing with those bespoke masterpieces....
          [/quote]

I think (ok, I hope) he was talking about shoes.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I bought this Falerio Sarti shawl as a present for my Mom, in purple. I just got it, and it's incredible. It's made of virgin wool/silk with metal strands. It's 75" long and 27" wide, and it weighs half an ounce at most. It's my first time seeing Falerio Sarti item live, and I'm impressed. At first I thought that Yoox messed me up again, and it's not a shawl, but some tiny flimsy scarf, until I unfolded it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nairb49
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="nairb49"]3000!! I had no idea shoetrees could even hit that mark. But I guess when you're dealing with those bespoke masterpieces....
              [/quote]

I think (ok, I hope) he was talking about shoes.

[/quote]

read over his post. It seems significantly more logical that he's talking about shoes... ;)

Edit: Skiing got called off last minute :(. Went shopping instead :)

Cloak spread collar shirt. (might be up for sale, don't know if I'll have occasion to wear it enough...)
              Cloak tee (wanted to buy a tsubi one i saw last time, but it was gone)
              Lindeberg Turtleneck (not a fan of lindeberg normally, but it fit great and I like the details on the hem/sleeve/neck)

BTW, anyone had any experience with Duckie Brown stuff? Saw a bunch today, some interesting pieces but pretty hefty price points...

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

that stuff from u&i? do they still have some other cloak goodies?
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Jshockmtl
                  • Oct 2006

I bought that same CLoak shirt from U&I a couple months ago. Great shirt, wore it on NYE!

Duckie Brown seems like a nice line. My friend carries it at his store, Duo. I personally think its way too expensive but it seems well constructed.

Comment

• nairb49
                    • Dec 2006

yeah, thats where I saw duckie, at Duo. I like the way they're going with the lines they're picking up. When they first started up, I used to just think eurotrash, but they're getting some good stuff these days.

ddohnggo-they still do, from last week they have almost everything still, save for the original shirt I went to buy.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

first time seeing sarti? no one carries it in NYC? i have to agree, the stuff is absolutely amazing - wish yoox would carry more male friendly ones.... retail price points are ridiculous (but sort of understandable) i'm sure your mother will be delighted!

Comment

• mass
                        • Sep 2006

i work maybe 2 blocks from u&i but i still have not been in there once. reason being i really shouldn't be buying anything right now. there is a really cute blonde lady who works there though!

Comment

• mia
                          • Dec 2006

this weeks happiness

some girly shoes

henry darger book

dries van noten long sleeve tee

tourettes hat

zambesi offside grandpa jersey

nom d patches

number (n)ine boots

Comment

• mesh
                            • Dec 2006

Went to maxfield today hoping to contribute to the thread but came away empty handed. Nice cdiem leather shirts but 2475 come on. Nice c diem long leather coats at a nice 4100 were pretty dope but not that practical. Poell nothing special. Hardly any n(n), mastermind was garbage and one or two linea things being dropped including a leather shirt for 2900. Rick owens jacket with shearling looked nicer than in pics rice posted, nice little piece. Supposedly ccp is discontinuing footwear again, don't know how much truth to that though. Not many accessories like the luc/cd beaniesI might have picked up. Then again it is the end of the season.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]Went to maxfield today hoping to contribute to the thread but came away empty handed. Nice cdiem leather shirts but 2475 come on. Nice c diem long leather coats at a nice 4100 were pretty dope but not that practical. Poell nothing special. Hardly any n(n), mastermind was garbage and one or two linea things being dropped including a leather shirt for 2900. Rick owens jacket with shearling looked nicer than in pics rice posted, nice little piece. Supposedly ccp is discontinuing footwear again, don't know how much truth to that though. Not many accessories like the luc/cd beaniesI might have picked up. Then again it is the end of the season.[/quote]

Au contraire...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]Went to maxfield today hoping to contribute to the thread but came away empty handed. Nice cdiem leather shirts but 2475 come on. Nice c diem long leather coats at a nice 4100 were pretty dope but not that practical. Poell nothing special. Hardly any n(n), mastermind was garbage and one or two linea things being dropped including a leather shirt for 2900. Rick owens jacket with shearling looked nicer than in pics rice posted, nice little piece. Supposedly ccp is discontinuing footwear again, don't know how much truth to that though. Not many accessories like the luc/cd beaniesI might have picked up. Then again it is the end of the season.[/quote]

I really want to visit Maxfield's at some point... I've heard their warehouse sale is killer! People from NYC I know fly out there just for that sale!

it would just be cool to see more Linea in person.

ah Linea...[:P]

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎