X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="mesh"]Went to maxfield today hoping to contribute to the thread but came away empty handed. Nice cdiem leather shirts but 2475 come on. Nice c diem long leather coats at a nice 4100 were pretty dope but not that practical. Poell nothing special. Hardly any n(n), mastermind was garbage and one or two linea things being dropped including a leather shirt for 2900. Rick owens jacket with shearling looked nicer than in pics rice posted, nice little piece. Supposedly ccp is discontinuing footwear again, don't know how much truth to that though. Not many accessories like the luc/cd beaniesI might have picked up. Then again it is the end of the season.[/quote]

thanks, i'm always wondering what they have over there - nothing goes on sale there?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Just bought this shirt, which I thought was the highlight of Hussein Chalayan's SS06

Also bought a Slab by Rick Owens oiled denim jacket with snaps and his signature back cut that has two vertical pleated panels (can't find a pic.) for Mrs. Faust

.... and a bunch of shit by Galliano that's going up on Ebay.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Nice work! C21?

How is the detail on the shirt constructed?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Nice work! C21?

How is the detail on the shirt constructed?

[/quote]

Yep. The only way to fly.

It's narrow tape sewn onto the shirt. It's cute, I don't really have anything "cute." (except maybe my Dries van Noten shirt). I like it though. Another cool detail on it are the buttons on the sleeves, they are like blue eyes.

There was a gorgeous long LMaltieri coat in the womens section in size 3 - did you see it? And some absolutely insane leather Linea piece which I won't even begin to describe. I couldn't figure out - I suspect only Mr. Altieri could (and maybe runner). It was some crazy black leather thing - I had no idea what to do with it... There was no womens Chalayan new arrivals, which was strange, because there is a ton of mens. This was the one best piece, I thought.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Exciting! I'll be sure to check it out!

I talked with runner recently and found out that a store called KH in Koln carries/carried Fattoamano, Linea, Carpe and had the capability to do Anatomica/Sartoria.

I'll be definitely paying them a visit when I'm in Germany.

Speaking of Linea, I just added a ton of new Linea photos for eye candy. Woohoo!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Exciting! I'll be sure to check it out!

I talked with runner recently and found out that a store called KH in Koln carries/carried Fattoamano, Linea, Carpe and had the capability to do Anatomica/Sartoria.

I'll be definitely paying them a visit when I'm in Germany.

Speaking of Linea, I just added a ton of new Linea photos for eye candy. Woohoo!

[/quote]

Well, if you can figure out that leather piece, props to you. Let me know what it is, lol.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesh
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="mesh"]Went to maxfield today hoping to contribute to the thread but came away empty handed. Nice cdiem leather shirts but 2475 come on. Nice c diem long leather coats at a nice 4100 were pretty dope but not that practical. Poell nothing special. Hardly any n(n), mastermind was garbage and one or two linea things being dropped including a leather shirt for 2900. Rick owens jacket with shearling looked nicer than in pics rice posted, nice little piece. Supposedly ccp is discontinuing footwear again, don't know how much truth to that though. Not many accessories like the luc/cd beaniesI might have picked up. Then again it is the end of the season.[/quote]

Au contraire...

[/quote]

What I figured, so the light olive poell bootsfuumas got will still be aroundI'm assuming. I've been wanting those since I first laid eyes on them, how much are they at atelier? Maybe I pick them up when I'm there. Fuuma care to chime in?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

CCP boot prices will be in the $1600 range for the upcoming season (in part due to the new, very cool carrying hardware).

Atelier has one last pair of the gray diagonal zip boots left at $1450. Really beautiful dirty gray!

They also have a chunkier pair of black boots (rear vertical zip I think it was) that is also $1400ish.

I'll double check on saturday for ya

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Plain tickets to London and Amsterdam. NIN, here I (and Mrs. Faust) come.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Lucky Fausts! Will little Faustette stay with her grandparents, or is she also a NIN fan?

Where are you staying in Amsterdam?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Lucky Fausts! Will little Faustette stay with her grandparents, or is she also a NIN fan?

Where are you staying in Amsterdam?

[/quote]

She's definitely a NIN fan, even if she doesn't know it yet. I think she likes Rage Agains the Machine better though. For this she will be staying with grandparents (they should make a MasterCard commercial for that, honestly - "leaving your kid with Jewish grandparents while traveling - priceless".).

We are staying at Volden Park Plaza for free, courtesy of BA. It's a nice area, close to the museum plaza and out of center. It's a bit of a walk to Jordaan (which is my favorite part of the city), but that's Ok. We have one more night, and I'm thinking to stay somewhere posh for fun. Any recommendations?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LanceP
                          • Oct 2006

^^ Rage... fuck yeah! Does she, or do you, like Inside Out by any chance?

P.S. NIN is the shit too.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="LanceP"]

^^ Rage... fuck yeah! Does she, or do you, like Inside Out by any chance?

P.S. NIN is the shit too.

[/quote]

I do like Inside Out, although it's a very different sound, and I haven't been able to get a good quality CD, unfortunately (let me know if you can help out :-))

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LanceP
                              • Oct 2006

^^ I only have the EP on my iTunes, which doesn't include a lot of the unreleased shit, such as "Rage Against the Machine," unfortunately. I can send it to you via AIM; I'm pretty sure it's 160kbps quality, if not 192. Or if you prefer, I can e-mail it to you.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

i have the inside out cd somewhere in this house....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎