• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="xcoldricex"]i have the inside out cd somewhere in this house....
    [/quote]

really? it'd be nice if you could find it. can't find a good quality recording.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

are you talking about a low bit rate or just the bad recording in general? cause the recording wasn't very good to begin with.

Comment

• mesh
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

CCP boot prices will be in the $1600 range for the upcoming season (in part due to the new, very cool carrying hardware).

Atelier has one last pair of the gray diagonal zip boots left at $1450. Really beautiful dirty gray!

They also have a chunkier pair of black boots (rear vertical zip I think it was) that is also $1400ish.

I'll double check on saturday for ya

[/quote]

Cool, what carrying hardware for spring? The light green ones I want theyhave no? Demand pics.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]are you talking about a low bit rate or just the bad recording in general? cause the recording wasn't very good to begin with.
          [/quote]

i have no idea what i'm talking about. i just know the sound was horrible.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
            • Nov 2006

Bless sample sale :

Actually for S/S but so wack they were getting rid of it now - for 60$ I though it would be fun. Made of two layers of plastic, it feels like something you'd use to protect small trees from snow in the winter.

Leather Chain Bag - Never seen that in store, the retail was sooooooo expensive! it also doubles as a cool scarf IMO.
            Raf Simons ankle boots

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

CCP boot prices will be in the $1600 range for the upcoming season (in part due to the new, very cool carrying hardware).

Atelier has one last pair of the gray diagonal zip boots left at $1450. Really beautiful dirty gray!

They also have a chunkier pair of black boots (rear vertical zip I think it was) that is also $1400ish.

[/quote]

Cool, what carrying hardware for spring? The light green ones I want theyhave no? Demand pics.

[/quote]

Lemme see if they guys at A will let me snap a quick photo of their lookbook. It's not easy to describe the hardware. All I can say is that the boots now have a rear upper loop of leather/fabric that some brass hardware clips through to carry them with.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"]

Lucky Fausts! Will little Faustette stay with her grandparents, or is she also a NIN fan?

Where are you staying in Amsterdam?

[/quote]

She's definitely a NIN fan, even if she doesn't know it yet. I think she likes Rage Agains the Machine better though. For this she will be staying with grandparents (they should make a MasterCard commercial for that, honestly - "leaving your kid with Jewish grandparents while traveling - priceless".).

We are staying at Volden Park Plaza for free, courtesy of BA. It's a nice area, close to the museum plaza and out of center. It's a bit of a walk to Jordaan (which is my favorite part of the city), but that's Ok. We have one more night, and I'm thinking to stay somewhere posh for fun. Any recommendations?

[/quote]

Not for posh places, I'm afraid. We stayed at the Lloyd--www.lloydhotel.com--which was cool and quirky, very fun. Eastern Docklands area. I'm really jealous, I had very good luck with Amsterdam shopping last time!

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Anyone go to the Cloak sample sale today!? I'm so happy, I got the leather felt blackboots I wanted!!! That's all I went for and that's all I got. There was a cool navy polo and super thick scarf (fw 04 i think) that I wanted, but I didn't have enough cash on me to get anything but the boots. They also had some of the famous "desert boots" there, closest to my size was a little big and I like the leather/felt ones better.

The prices for non-samples weren't that great, pants where still around $200 and shirts $100. But the shoes from the runway show where all $100! Unfortunately the felt leather boots in my size where new, so they costs $325. It was also cool because Alexandre Plokhov was there milling about. I may go back tomorrow with more cash to get that scarf and polo, but right now I'm ecstatci that I got the exact boots I wanted in my size!

music

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"]

Lucky Fausts! Will little Faustette stay with her grandparents, or is she also a NIN fan?

Where are you staying in Amsterdam?

[/quote]

She's definitely a NIN fan, even if she doesn't know it yet. I think she likes Rage Agains the Machine better though. For this she will be staying with grandparents (they should make a MasterCard commercial for that, honestly - "leaving your kid with Jewish grandparents while traveling - priceless".).

We are staying at Volden Park Plaza for free, courtesy of BA. It's a nice area, close to the museum plaza and out of center. It's a bit of a walk to Jordaan (which is my favorite part of the city), but that's Ok. We have one more night, and I'm thinking to stay somewhere posh for fun. Any recommendations?

[/quote]

Not for posh places, I'm afraid. We stayed at the Lloyd--www.lloydhotel.com--which was cool and quirky, very fun. Eastern Docklands area. I'm really jealous, I had very good luck with Amsterdam shopping last time!

[/quote]

I have a different definition of posh, should've clarified that. Posh is cool and quirky. One day I will publish a Faustian dictionary. I'll check this place out, thanks. I found this little place, looks promising.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

-AFAIK the US sale price is $1450

-The boots are more gray than green but you might see some highlights as the color is very rich. For something with a lot more green see CCP shoes that coldrice has

-I wouldn't pay $150 for a "carrying hardware" myself, although the company is probably just trying to hike it's already high prices hoping the 200 customers who buy their products are impervious to price variations (they may be mostly right)

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

ha, Faust, I was just coming back over here to suggest that. They have a Miauw in Antwerp too, I believe. Go for it--it looks cosier than the Lloyd, which is an ex-insane asylum. [:S]
                        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"][quote user="mesh"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

-AFAIK the US sale price is $1450

-The boots are more gray than green but you might see some highlights as the color is very rich. For something with a lot more green see CCP shoes that coldrice has

-I wouldn't pay $150 for a "carrying hardware" myself, although the company is probably just trying to hike it's already high prices hoping the 200 customers who buy their products are impervious to price variations (they may be mostly right)

[/quote]

Haha, yeah... $1450 is a big enough hit as is... what's another $150? Pshhhh....[*-)]

I guess like all brands, prices just slowly keep inching up. One of the reasons why I want to snag some stuff at the current soon-to-be-considered-decently-priced-versus-how-items-will-be-priced-over-the-next-few-seasons prices... like the Linea boots.

The gray boots are really really awesome, although the leather he uses for them I feel are thinner than the black versions. When I put them on (they're a size 9, so a US 11 I think) my big toe could move some of the toe wrinkles whereas the black pair actually hurt the first couple of times I wore them until they broke in.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ yea. the $ fell additional 10% against the Euro since the gray boughts were bought by stores, so even if Poell charges the same in Euro, you pay 10% more in $.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Oh interesting! That suggests that possibly CCP is actually not changing their boot prices, just the exchange rate is screwing us.

So those in Europe are actually getting a bit MORE for the same price where we here in the US just get the shaft!

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Oh interesting! That suggests that possibly CCP is actually not changing their boot prices, just the exchange rate is screwing us.

So those in Europe are actually getting a bit MORE for the same price where we here in the US just get the shaft!

[/quote]

yea, the falling $ has been very unkind to me while shopping retail... but very kind while selling on Ebay (I've seen a significant increase in my selling to Europe, whereas before it used to be mostly US/Canada/Asia).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎