• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="ddohnggo"]who is the jacket by? looks good!
    [/quote]

Helmut

[/quote]

Ok, I just received it. It's UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE. Wow. I can't wait to try it on, hope it works. The lining is detachable by buttons, and if you detach it, the inside of the jacket become like a parachute harness. You can wear the lining as a vest on its own. It also has a built-in hood in the collar. It's padded with goose down, so it's light as a feather. I have to figure this thing out.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

everyone seems to be lucky with helmut on yoox this season... :) i missed out on a lot of nice stuff!

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="ddohnggo"]who is the jacket by? looks good!
        [/quote]

Helmut

[/quote]

Ok, I just received it. It's UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE. Wow. I can't wait to try it on, hope it works. The lining is detachable by buttons, and if you detach it, the inside of the jacket become like a parachute harness. You can wear the lining as a vest on its own. It also has a built-in hood in the collar. It's padded with goose down, so it's light as a feather. I have to figure this thing out.

[/quote]

[:'(] [:'(] It's too bulky for my short frame. This royally blows, because the jacket is incredible. Oh, well... Ebay, I guess... On the other hand, the Rick Owens jacket I bought fits well, and I love the short coat silhouette, my favorite. Sorry, I did not style it well, was too excited and tried it on immediately. With fitted dark blue raw denim jeans it should look swell. I do have one question - it's so fitted at the waist that if I wear over more than a tshirt, I'd feel uncomfortable. Question, does it make me look like a sausage in the middle pic as it is?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
          • Sep 2006

That RO jacket looks great; awesome color. Sorry the HL jacket didn't pan out, bummer there indeed. You should definitely get something off eBay for it, Yoox didn't even mention that it was down lined with a vest and hood; or anything much at all, for that matter. [:(]

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

yeah. it sucks being short with broad shoulders doesn't it? =P

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]yeah. it sucks being short with broad shoulders doesn't it? =P
              [/quote]

Haha, totally - especially these days! I like it better than being scrawny though :-)

Macuser, thank you. I love that color as well - it actually sold the jacket for me. The same Ebay seller has other colors in the same cut, but they don't look as good. And it's nice to have something NOT black and love its color ;-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

Not even the hint of a sausage, Faust.

But...is it really that yellow? [*-)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Not even the hint of a sausage, Faust.

But...is it really that yellow? [*-)]

[/quote]

It's more like mustard, it's an earthy organic tone in reality [:D]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Hmmm...I'm not crazy about the color, but I can see where it would be striking on someone with dark hair. It does fit you beautifully, no question.

I

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

^^^^co-sign
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Seventh
                        • Dec 2006

Very nice jacket, Faust. It fits great and looks like one of those mustard yellow/ochers that work extremely well with greys and blacks, nice way of introducing color without sabotaging your existing wardrobe.

I decided to take the risk and get the Lang pants, and see what a tailor can do to drop it a size or two. Thank you Coldrice, Faust, Fuuma, Chinorlz & Macuser, et al for advice and about doing this. The wealth of knowledge and seriously helpful advice (without attitude) on this site is amazing. It is a credit to everyone, especially Faust. Anyway, I'll do my best to be a citizen and chip in with the little I think I know... This month, picked up a yoox drkshdw jacket (will post a picture when it arrives), and also the same Cloak cardigan as Casius on the cheap from Shop-Jake. Love the cardigan, although I have flashes of Mr Robinson's Neighborhood when I wear it...[:D]

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

Wow, living in New York is great, ordered the Helmut pants from yoox late last night, and they're arriving tomorrow! I can't wait, I may have to keep them as a collectors piece even if I don't wear them all the time, they're so ornate.

Too bad about the HL jacket Faust, I was eyeing that for awhile too, but figured it would be too big, now that you've confirmed that I don't have to regret it [:)]

music

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="macuser3of5"]That RO jacket looks great; awesome color. Sorry the HL jacket didn't pan out, bummer there indeed. You should definitely get something off eBay for it, Yoox didn't even mention that it was down lined with a vest and hood; or anything much at all, for that matter. [:(][/quote]

Wow, turns out truer words have never been spoken. Less than two hours in, and look.[:|]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
                              • Sep 2006

Perhaps we have stumbled upon something here... yooxflipping; taking poorly described items and reselling them for profit. [6]

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

jacket looks great- shame it didn't work out.. well. at least you're making ~$100+ from it!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎