Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Holy crying baby Jesus...
    They are really nice tho, handled them in person
    they were about 600 cad, which is a little less than 500 usd

Comment

• blacksuit
      Banned
      • Dec 2008

can I buy the CCP and CDIEM boots lucaskenna ???????

Comment

• Who?
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by lucaskenna View Post
        Yeah, I was stunned too, they are way overpriced, but seeing the shoes in person, I was impressed and sprung for them, with no regret, I love the style, and comfort and they are great along side my Guidi's.. Ha just kidding...

They don't touch one another and are on a lower shelf -- they can't sit next to them - that would be unlawful, sacreligous and unheard of...

Ha....

Luc

They are very comfortable and, if you can catch them on sale, a much better buy than buttero, oc or any other mid range boots.
        WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Raw Edge
          • Jan 2008

yeah I like them.
          520 does seem like a lot, but at least as justifiable as 2k for many boots posted here.

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Huxley View Post
            Keep it bro, it'll go great with your sugarcanes, adidas stan smiths, and crew cut. Maybe also throw in that period red double breasted ccp shirt.
            dude shut up, no offense but you are not exactly in the position of style arbiter that you can oh-so-self-righteously beat this dead horse of a joke further, nor is anyone for that matter.

MisterBlack, I got nothin against you man, I don't even know you, but based on the way you're goin about this, I don't think it's the clothes people are raggin you all over the net for. Even if it is, fuck does that matter man, don't let a jacket, a shirt or a pair of shoes define your self worth.
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• jordache jeans
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
              dude shut up, no offense but you are not exactly in the position of style arbiter that you can oh-so-self-righteously beat this dead horse of a joke further, nor is anyone for that matter.

MisterBlack, I got nothin against you man, I don't even know you, but based on the way you're goin about this, I don't think it's the clothes people are raggin you all over the net for. Even if it is, fuck does that matter man, don't let a jacket, a shirt or a pair of shoes define your self worth.
              Plenty of people on here have made questionable purchases before and gotten criticism for it. Difference is, most of them just shrugged it off because they have enough personal conviction to stand by their choices.

Its one thing to share and receive feedback, but quite another to let others completely dictate your tastes.

Comment

• Jonn
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Who? View Post
                Yeah, actually retail is 720...
                damn boots look yummy. chunky heel and elevated toe alone are enough to seal the deal. if leather is on par with buttero's 500 is ok in my book.

Comment

• sshum88
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  What? Wings and Horns charges $520 for a pair of boots? We are going to hell.
                  The W+H boots that I saw at Nomad and at Roden Gray are made by Dayton Boots in Vancouver, BC. Solid construction. But I would agree with some of the posters as to whether they are worth $500 or more. I understand W+H carries a premium based on the brand that they have created but I guess it is up to each individual purchaser as to what the brand is worth.

When I lived in Vancouver, I would go to the W+H sample sale and pick up their hoodies and jackets for much less than what you see at retail. My favorite hoodies are W+H out of a dozen or so that I have.
                  Originally posted by eat me
                  If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• sbw4224
                    • Sep 2006

W+H's might have been slacking design-wise for a while now, but the quality is still top-notch. Good buy on the boots.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

boots look good to me, and from what I've heard they are well made
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Time & Space
                        • Jan 2008

Wings & Horns

Originally posted by sbw4224 View Post
                        W+H's might have been slacking design-wise for a while now, but the quality is still top-notch. Good buy on the boots.

I totally agree. Wings & Horns are not very consistent with their items in terms of style, but the quality of their garments are excellent. Every Fall season there might be one or two items that are nice to have since they stand out in terms of style, but most of their line is lacking in my opinion.

The shoes were one of those pieces...
                        "With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Comment

• croatoan
                          • Jul 2007

No exciting clothing purchases recently, but I did finally get Reiko and Tori Kudo - Light LP in the mail today. It is terribly beautiful..

also more wool socks. Oh, warmth.

Comment

• chameleon
                            • Jun 2008

That is beautiful. I love Tori Kudo. Maher Shalal Hash Baz is one of my favorite bands and live experiences of all time.

edit: and those lyrics are great. especially in japanese.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

i need to get up on my Japanese music

the only Japanese act I know of and listen to regularly is Chage and Aska, but that's just because I have listened and loved "Say Yes" since I was a kid. Actually that's the only song of theirs I even know.
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Time & Space
                                • Jan 2008

Viridi Anne Boots

Just picked up these from Komakino...

"With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎