Thread: Your recent purchases

Quote Originally Posted by triumphoftiredeyes View Post
    Killer boots, eris!
    Quote Originally Posted by random View Post
    are they guidi or augusta? nice boots anyways. congrats eris!
    thank you both! and they're guidi.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
    what kind of leather? Is it elk leather? Elk leather is so comfortable. My sheepskin ones ( had an issue with them, but fixed it myself and covered the cost) did stretch a lot. I'm a 43, and they did almost hurt a bit for 2 days, now they fit perfectly. I don't think yours will stretch as much, so your probably going to be fine!
    they are elk leather. i have been wearing them all day and they are the most comfortable boots i own... considering getting the backzips now (shitttt). the what size did you buy in them? i'm typically like a 42.5, i thought my feet would fall off with the 43 though... my feet are too wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebre View Post
    Poell Pain is good for body&soul...

Nope, just normal lambskin. I figure between this and the gradient I picked up I'm set for fall :)

Also, to chime in on the guidi backzip discussion, they run super small. I'm a 42 usually and the 43s I tried on at A were quite tight. Not only that, but the stretching of the leather to accommodate is minimal compared to some of the other models (due to material and construction), at least according to the SA.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarm View Post
    Nope, just normal lambskin. I figure between this and the gradient I picked up I'm set for fall :)

Also, to chime in on the guidi backzip discussion, they run super small. I'm a 42 usually and the 43s I tried on at A were quite tight. Not only that, but the stretching of the leather to accommodate is minimal compared to some of the other models (due to material and construction), at least according to the SA.
    i'm a true 40 and the 41 on the backzip is a bit big for me... i think the problem is the width of the foot not the lenght maybe... and the calf area is really roomy
    and the socks cry all the day!!!!

But IMO backzip WIN always

hehe the Hindi text on the Yohji shirt wire artist bought just says "Yohji Yamamoto" over and over :D

Heirloom

The guidi backzips run really slim for me. I couldn't zip them up past my calf and My calves are normal.

dries sneakers

I don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
    The guidi backzips run really slim for me. I couldn't zip them up past my calf and My calves are normal.
    Yes, I forgot to mention that the main problem is not the foot area itself but the calf. I'm sure it would loosen up with wear but when I tried it on it was extremely hard to zip (I'm only 125 lb and my calves are what you'd expect, haha, so it's not a matter of having big legs).

Yes, I forgot to mention that the main problem is not the foot area itself but the calf. I'm sure it would loosen up with wear but when I tried it on it was extremely hard to zip (I'm only 125 lb and my calves are what you'd expect, haha, so it's not a matter of having big legs).
    I had the same problem but with a pair made of buffalo, had to get rid of them because of the it.

Robert Geller:

Odyn Vovk:

a.s.

The taping on that OV zipper looks....questionable?
    Not sure how else to describe it. I know it was intentional but it almost looks like a defect or a second.
    That Geller jacket, on the other hand, looks amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzar View Post
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

I'm a fan of it. Actually, it's one of my favourite parts! LOL...well, the hood is my favourite, but yeah, the taping looks defective...on purpose.
    a.s.

Get the fuck out of here, ghettosalazar.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

^^^^^ YES!!!!!
    a.s.

Default Guidi Backzips

I noticed the complete opposite of what everyone else is saying... then again, I have no calf muscles... but they were really loose on me towards the top and overall seemed to run a hell of a lot more true to size than the lace ups.

Yea, I tried on backzips from SS10 and they were totally fine.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

No, you need go get one size bigger (if not two).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Just received the fw05 Cloak trench coat Who? was selling.

GREAT seller.