X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbw4224
    • Sep 2006

we have an entire thread dedicated to fashion books. here you go:

Discuss print and online magazines, newspapers, blogs, and other fashion media

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by crz View Post
      yeah i see what you mean, but i quite like them, even tho they are pretty much just picture books.
      i dont know much about other 'themed' books. can you recommend any faust? particularly, that reflect the "SZ" aesthetic?
      Yea, check out the thread sbw posted - lots of good stuff (some out of print though). Latest one I am thoroughly enjoying is Gothic: Dark Glamour. Valerie Steel knows how to make a book - brilliant stuff. Another one that's not out of print is Fashion at the Edge by Caroline Evans. These are mostly womenswear.

I guess these are good books for coffee tables and they are pretty, so I understand your purchase.

Pip, which designers did you have in mind with existing books? (Doma comment is funny)
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiger View Post
        i have this, never wore it, plan to deconstruct it... t-neck ain't my thang, unless you want it for full retail
        deconstruction is a good idea, it would work better as a ls tee.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I vote no! The tneck best reflects the glued seams. I must say, I did take the scissors to a Gaultier tneck and made it into a ls tee.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Brother Stasi
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            To be honest, I find these little encyclopedias rather tiring. So they have a blurb and a picture - is it really something you didn't know/see before? I really prefer thematic books or books that reflect oeuvre of a particular designer/group.
            Yea... but "Young European Fashion Designers" has Annhagen on the cover! Can you get any better than that? Well... perhaps an entire book of Annhagen, but you can't have EVERYTHING...

and as much as I hate to say it "100 New Fashion Designers" is one of the better Fashion books I've seen as of late (it really does a good job of amassing lots of young designers and some really good quality photos of their work...) I too bought it with gift certificates! haha

Comment

• baizilla
              • Sep 2006

yeah, Annhagen..

Comment

• Brother Stasi
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by baizilla View Post
                yeah, Annhagen..
                wait! Is that a suicide of love or of hate? Or are you just trying to say it turns you into a puddle of goo... Cause if that's the case I can completely relate! LONG LIVE ANNHAGEN (unless the new designer sucks.... then let it burn, but they should definitely give me all their old stock first... )

Comment

• Magician
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
                  G&G wingtip pictures:

On most wingtips I've seen, each row of brogueing separates one layer of leather from another. On this one, that first row of brogueing is embedded into the leather - it's one piece of leather from the front of the shoe up to the laces - a nice way of making the shoe a little lighter:

The bevelled waist -

Very Sexy.

If I ever make it in to the real world of commerce, a pair of G&G's will be my first "necessary" purchase. I understand the craftsmanship is comparable to the traditional English makers, but the styling is much more compelling for me. I remember being very underwhelmed the first time I handled and tried on a pair of Lobbs.

I especially love the waist! Haha, I would put off wearing them just to preserve the beautiful soles.
                  Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• ssisip
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2009

I bought NN pants. Thats nice..

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by baizilla View Post
                      yeah, Annhagen..
                      couldn't agree more.

Comment

• rn28
                        • Jun 2008

bought some stuff yesterday:

-iPhone 3g
                        -Ann Demeulemeester waistcoat
                        -Ann Demeulemeester belt
                        -Martin Margiela trousers
                        -Mulberry bag

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Sounds like a nice little haul, rn28

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            I vote no! The tneck best reflects the glued seams. I must say, I did take the scissors to a Gaultier tneck and made it into a ls tee.
                            Yes, Tiger, listen to the man here. By the way, if I'm not mistaken,
                            didn't Poell also make a tee(ls) version of the glue seamed this ss08?

Ps. Faust I'm not ready yet for the switch over from DVD,
                            and I needed a quick replacement, my old one broke down ...
                            Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                            Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• ironman
                              • Apr 2008

December purchases: Rick Owens SS07 silk/wool pants + Raf Simons SS06 wide linen high waist pants

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
                                Yes, Tiger, listen to the man here. By the way, if I'm not mistaken,
                                didn't Poell also make a tee(ls) version of the glue seamed this ss08?

Ps. Faust I'm not ready yet for the switch over from DVD,
                                and I needed a quick replacement, my old one broke down ...
                                Any Blu-Ray plays regular DVD and upconverts the signal if you have a high definition TV, but it's all good - regular DVD players are ridiculously cheap.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎