Page 51 of 1197 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354555657585960611011515511051 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 23935

Thread: Your recent purchases

Default Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="Faust"]/\ yea, you are supposed to leave what you cut out hanging. All these rules with Linea...
    [/quote]

I know right? With such limited distribution and lack of knowledge from the SA's (just look at kompressor's experience at Maxfield's), it's a wonder that Maurizio's philosophy has really come across. It's practically been passed around via word-of-mouth. Goes to show the level of dedication and sincere interest many have in the line.

... or it could have been one individual playing one huge practical joke and is laughing at all of us wearing clothes with bits and pieces of it hanging off everywhere.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Just got back from NYC,here's what I picked up:

Cloak: plaid lined sherling? hooded jacket 50% off. Also a button up shirt made of a particular weave of cotton that escapes me at the moment. Great stuff on sale. Great shoes from the current collection. You know I never really got Cloak from the stuff I've seen online and at Barney's but the second I walked into the store in SOHO, it all made sense to me. Such a shame I discovered this brand too late.. I don't think about 50% of it is my style but the stuff I would wear I love. fantastic quality & designs.

Thom Browne: Everyone's so polarized with this designer, but I think I'm in the camp that likes what he's doing for the moment (I'll see with his later stuff). I had a fantastic experience at the store. The staff was really helpful. I wanted an oxford shirt, but my arms were too long for the sleeves. They measured me up and said they'd ship me an altered shirt (or rather a MTM shirt) at no charge. Supposedly they're shipping it in really neat packaging and there'll be a tag on the bottom tail of the shirt with my name on it and dated. No big deal I guess, but these little details (along with the friendly staff) led to a very good experience. I'll post pics when the shirt comes in the mail.

If & Atlier boutique: Fantastic! If was comparable to Maxfields IMO. DIdn't buy anything. Atlier was amazing. Most of it didn't suit my aesthetic, but the lines they carried and the pieces they bought were great. The guy that helped me was nice.

45rpm: They hadn't got a lot of their spring in, but I picked up NandoxNando's and a cardigan from their 45rpm line. Big fan of this label. Great staff.

Century 21: madhouse.lots of margiela. didn't get anything becasue I didn't have the patience.

Famous Friends had a great staff and very interesting streetwear.

Didn't get to a lot of stores I wanted to see including Odin.

I'll try to post pics sometime this weekend.

[quote user="explicit"]

some casual streetwear stuff, nothing too fantastic:

nom de guerre classic jeans, w+h red/black tiger hoodie

[/quote]

Good buys, I find myself wearing my NDG jeans and w+h hoodie quite a bit.

i love y!jp

Did you get and like the larger dick?

[quote user="soultek"]

Just got back from NYC,here's what I picked up:

Cloak: plaid lined sherling? hooded jacket 50% off. Also a button up shirt made of a particular weave of cotton that escapes me at the moment. Great stuff on sale. Great shoes from the current collection. You know I never really got Cloak from the stuff I've seen online and at Barney's but the second I walked into the store in SOHO, it all made sense to me. Such a shame I discovered this brand too late.. I don't think about 50% of it is my style but the stuff I would wear I love. fantastic quality & designs.

Thom Browne: Everyone's so polarized with this designer, but I think I'm in the camp that likes what he's doing for the moment (I'll see with his later stuff). I had a fantastic experience at the store. The staff was really helpful. I wanted an oxford shirt, but my arms were too long for the sleeves. They measured me up and said they'd ship me an altered shirt (or rather a MTM shirt) at no charge. Supposedly they're shipping it in really neat packaging and there'll be a tag on the bottom tail of the shirt with my name on it and dated. No big deal I guess, but these little details (along with the friendly staff) led to a very good experience. I'll post pics when the shirt comes in the mail.

If & Atlier boutique: Fantastic! If was comparable to Maxfields IMO. DIdn't buy anything. Atlier was amazing. Most of it didn't suit my aesthetic, but the lines they carried and the pieces they bought were great. The guy that helped me was nice.

45rpm: They hadn't got a lot of their spring in, but I picked up NandoxNando's and a cardigan from their 45rpm line. Big fan of this label. Great staff.

Century 21: madhouse.lots of margiela. didn't get anything becasue I didn't have the patience.

Famous Friends had a great staff and very interesting streetwear.

Didn't get to a lot of stores I wanted to see including Odin.

I'll try to post pics sometime this weekend.

[/quote]

How come Cloak was 50% off? I thought it was 60% off?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

^ Are they still selling FW 06 items?

ddohnggo-Excellent buy! I love the look of the sweater, looks all warm and comfy.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="Faust"]/\ yea, you are supposed to leave what you cut out hanging. All these rules with Linea...
    [/quote]

I know right? With such limited distribution and lack of knowledge from the SA's (just look at kompressor's experience at Maxfield's), it's a wonder that Maurizio's philosophy has really come across. It's practically been passed around via word-of-mouth. Goes to show the level of dedication and sincere interest many have in the line.

... or it could have been one individual playing one huge practical joke and is laughing at all of us wearing clothes with bits and pieces of it hanging off everywhere.

[/quote]

i was surprised to see a fairly good amount of Linea and L'Maltieri at maxfields, even an Anatomica coat, but yeah they didn't knowmuch about myLinea shirt. that's why i need to buy from you guys who are knowledgable about Continues - gotta save up some chinese new year'smoney for cycle-two! haha

[quote user="Faust"]

How come Cloak was 50% off? I thought it was 60% off?

[/quote]

Sorry, just realized you are right it was 60% off. And yes it was FW 06 stuff. There was a fair amount of it left.

So i just got my C-Diem boots from Lazzari and i am stoked. The fit is pretty tight but the lenght is perfect. Im sure they will mold to my feet. So happy right now!

some of these purchases are making me horrendously jealous. And someone needs to post pics of their linea shirt cut and worn. and not worn, out of curiosity.

jshock- my cdiem were pretty tight at first but dont worry they'll eventually stretch out comfortably.

What about CCP boots? i dont remember if you have any, but do you think they would stretch also?

I dont remember my ccp boots stretching... they were comfortable right from the start, although as you may already know, his sizings are way off, so make sure that you get the right size.

If a 40 in C-Diem is just right, besides being about rough and tight, what should i get for CCP? The person i was talking to said maybe a 7 or so...

The thing I've discovered from Cdiems is that you can actually wear a decent range of the rounded toe styles if you need to. I am a size 10 US and I'm currently wearing a pair of size 41 cdiems. I also wore a pair of 42s and the fit was fine. A larger toebox I think allows for this.

Poell boots are a bit more accurate and have less leeway. Mine are Poell size 8 and fit precise. Remember that Poell sizes are actually 2 larger than stamped. I actually had to break them in some... when I first bought them the left foot would get sore around the toes and then the leather loosened up and they feel perfect.

Congrats on the purchase! Good to hear that Lazzari is credible. My roommate just bought the black diagonal zips.

Oh and also, I'll be getting some size 7 black diagonal zip CCP boots for Cycle-Two in the next couple/few days [:P]

For sizing, I'd go with your real shoe size to compare to CCPs since CDiems are a tad more flexible with the sizing!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

that's interesting. i have the cdiem lace ups in a size 40, which fit well, and i have tiny feet (like US 7.5). the 41's in the boots are really that large?
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

I don't know how to explain it, but the 41s are on my feet right now. I think the sizing flexibility is only true with the rounded toe shoes/boots. The flatter toebox ones probably don't allow this.

I wear mostly 8.5 or 9 and the 40 in the boots i got are perfect sizing but i dont have any experience with c-diem boots or shoes besides these as they are my first

[quote user="Jshockmtl"]If a 40 in C-Diem is just right, besides being about rough and tight, what should i get for CCP? The person i was talking to said maybe a 7 or so...
    [/quote]

I'd recommend a 6....

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff