• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="Faust"]Whoa! That's an astounding bag, laika! Gorgeous. So, Barneys still has stuff on clearance?!
    [/quote]

BTW, any Spring Summer reviews you would like to share?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Thanks Faust and Fuuma! It was still a little pricey--the original price was [:S]--but I couldn't resist. It's the kind of thing I would pass on to my daughter or something.

Faust, there is still plenty of clearance. Mainly a bunch of weird Ann tops and tons of Miu Miu. There's also a load of Rick Owens twist tops in different colors that are really lovely. I got one last week in mossy green and have been living in it. Unfortunately, the sizing is so screwy--I had to go up to a 44!--that few people could fit into them.

The only good clearance for men was Lanvin, which is still very expensive.

I'll go post about the spring stuff now....

Fuuma, any chance of seeing that Julius piece on you?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• kompressorkev
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chim"]

I just got these neil barretts off of yoox, pretty excited as I have a really wide foot and most boots just chaff the hell out of my pinky toe.

[/quote]

chim nice buy! they were in my dreambox for a while, looks like you beat me to them. good deal tho!

Comment

• khiev
          • Nov 2006

Just bought a classic black balenciaga blazer from barneys. Been looking at a bunch of diff designers, RO, DH, etc, but balenciage was by far the nicest jacket in terms of fit and construction

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

So I got the HL pants from yoox, wow talk about detail. There's lacing on the inside leg that curves up over the back, on the outsideare strips on nylon in a lattice work, there's the hose thing on the side that you can plug into a hole on the pant leg, and some pieces of stuff hanging off the back. Only problem is they're a bit tight on the waist, and they'reso crazy I know I won't wear them often. So I don't know if I should keep them or not. I think I could have a tailor relax the waist easily, there's plenty of extra fabric up the seam on the butt, and I can button them now, they're just a bit uncomfortable.ButI don't know if it's worth it, i'm sure i'll wear them out at night or toa club, but they're not something I can see myself wearing to class. Decisions, decisions...
            music

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

got these. but they're too small! since when does 48 = 30in.?? :( these are incredible! i'm pissed they don't fit. extremely clean front
              and back- two horizontal slit pockets on the front and one in the back,
              pockets still stiched closed. super slim cut (7.2in. leg opening),
              made of 100% wool. belt made of matching fabric with two snaps.
              although they're advertised as dark blue they look like more of a dark
              charcoal to me. i will try to take my own pics - might take a few
              days as i have two exams ... but if you want them they cost me $175 so i'll sell them to someone here for that.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ you should've asked me first. I have exact same ones, and I bought a 50, instead of the usual 48. They are incredible though, aren't they? They make a gorgeous slimming silhouette.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

yeah i was really excited.. til i tried them on.

Comment

• Chim
                    • Dec 2006

hey guys, thanks for all the kind words! I previously had some alfredo bannister folding boots that I had sold, and have been looking for a pair of more democratic boots to wear for everyday life in College Station.

I hope the neil barretts fit true to size!

Comment

• bakla
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]Got my package from 2000 today and inside was the most amazing piece I've everpurchased by accident. I thought I was getting a very drapey sweater that looked pretty goodbut little did Iknowthat, basically, a lot of the ultra-drapey sweaters you see in the Julius lookbook (see julous thread) are actually the same sweater (or very small variants) just styled differently. I'll take pictures when I get my camera back from the repair shop so bear with my lame description for now. It's a v-neck sweater with an ultra long rectangle of fabric attached to both side seams of the main body (from bottom to shoulder) by each ofthe smaller parts of said rectangle. Since it's so long you can twist it 1000 different ways, pass it around your neck, under your leg, transform it into a kind of hoodie, twist it + fold it over your neck+pass your right arm through it, etc. for any kind of drapey goodness conceivable to Man. I haven't even begun exploring the depth of possibilities this garment offers; in fact I'm a little scared of the impact this might have on my love life as I'm now so focused on the damn thing I'm liable to exclaim "Oh my god, what if I pass my leg through the back loop made that way, woohoo!!" at any given time, no matter how intimatethe activity I'm currently engaging in. [:$][/quote]

Package from 2000? What do you mean? Is 2000 a store?

I love the drapey stuff. I think I know which one you mean. I'd love and get one if they're still available.

Comment

• LanceP
                        • Oct 2006

bakla... The 2000 that Fuuma is referring to is 2000db from superfuture, who is deuxmille on this board.

Comment

• nairb49
                          • Dec 2006

2000=our very own deuxmille, who runs an order/buying service from Japan.

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"]

[quote user="Fuuma"]Got my package from 2000 today and inside was the most amazing piece I've everpurchased by accident. I thought I was getting a very drapey sweater that looked pretty goodbut little did Iknowthat, basically, a lot of the ultra-drapey sweaters you see in the Julius lookbook (see julous thread) are actually the same sweater (or very small variants) just styled differently. I'll take pictures when I get my camera back from the repair shop so bear with my lame description for now. It's a v-neck sweater with an ultra long rectangle of fabric attached to both side seams of the main body (from bottom to shoulder) by each ofthe smaller parts of said rectangle. Since it's so long you can twist it 1000 different ways, pass it around your neck, under your leg, transform it into a kind of hoodie, twist it + fold it over your neck+pass your right arm through it, etc. for any kind of drapey goodness conceivable to Man. I haven't even begun exploring the depth of possibilities this garment offers; in fact I'm a little scared of the impact this might have on my love life as I'm now so focused on the damn thing I'm liable to exclaim "Oh my god, what if I pass my leg through the back loop made that way, woohoo!!" at any given time, no matter how intimatethe activity I'm currently engaging in. [:$][/quote]

Package from 2000? What do you mean? Is 2000 a store?

I love the drapey stuff. I think I know which one you mean. I'd love and get one if they're still available.

[/quote]

Exactly, deux mille (which means two thousand in french) operates a buying service. The size 1 fits me fine and I know we're both size 46 lad musician so you should be okay too.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• bakla
                              • Oct 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

Exactly, deux mille (which means two thousand in french) operates a buying service. The size 1 fits me fine and I know we're both size 46 lad musician so you should be okay too.

[/quote]

Oh definitely. I forgot about deuxmille - I did read about his service here. Thanks for all the responses guys. I have a couple of Julius pieces myself (was wearing the draped turtleneck tonight) so I know the fit. Time to email Japan!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Just picked up a few Julius pieces (thanks Deuxmille!) to add to my wardrobe...

also a pair of Rick Owens Slab jeans from C21 ($30 baby!)

Julius pants are cut to total perfection!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎