Page 54 of 1199 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354555657585960616263641041545541054 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 23961

Thread: Your recent purchases

Default Re: Your recent purchases

Johnny, as far as I know, that's just for the washing instructions. Might be wrong, but that's what I heard (don't own any Dior aside from a pair of boots).

Thanks - I did wonder if that was the reason for it, as it does appear under the washing instructions! But there's only one set of washing instructions, so can I only wash in Japan?

[quote user="Johnny"]Thanks - I did wonder if that was the reason for it, as it does appear under the washing instructions! But there's only one set of washing instructions, so can I only wash in Japan? [/quote]

haha, hopefully not! or maybe I should set up a Japan dry cleaning service :p

I guess the washing instructions in japanese differ from the ones in french/english.

[quote user="Johnny"]

Ok just back from Paris, and got probably my whole SS haul in one go. Feel slightly ashamed, but there you go..... In chronological order of purchase:

grey cotton clear taped CCP jacket

white and fine black striped shirt from Dior Homme

greeny/grey leather army sneaks from MMM

black and grey cotton and polyesterjersey double-breasted jacket from Junya

pale gold sweater from CDGH+

pale grey CCP shirt

dark grey and black striped CCP sleeveless tee/pullover

Am verypleased with all of these!

Quick question for any Dior Hommies. The shirt is the first thing I have ever bought from DH - contrary to alot of the comments here (and my own previous observations) the quality of the shirt looks and and feels extremely high. There is a note on the label that says "for japan only". Is this normal?

[/quote]

Damn! Nice haul. Pictures would be soooooooo nice :-)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

yes - will try this evening

Johnny turning into a golden boy? :)

Very nice purchases. Have you seen some of the Junya's boiled poly blazer/jacket? some of the black and grey ones look quite nice.

Yes Buckwheat, I got one![:D]

I'm not a fan of the Golden Boy thing really, as I've said before, but there is always something about homme plus clothes that appeal to me, especially when I see them in the Paris shop.The sweater is the classic comme shape with rolled cuffs and no gathering or hems, and the gold is really very pale, not very "loud". Worn witha black jacket and dark jeans, it looks lovely. There werealso some really gorgeous blazers in pale gold wool with curved sections on the body cut out to expose the inter-lining. They were such a lovely cut, and incredibly elegant.

Johnny, I demand pictures. Sounds like an amazing spree!
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Let me join in to demand pictures, too:-)

I saw in the G some gold trousers, actually beige with diagonal stripes in gold. Quite a nice idea:-)

I just recieved my CCP Black Diagonal Zip boots from Cycle-Two! So happy

OK can someone tell me how to do the picture posting again. Took somne pics last night and they are now on my computer, but how do i get them into the post. Sorry for being sumb.

Johnny,

1. Go to imageshack and upload your pictures

2. Once they've uploaded, copy the line of text next to "Direct" (CTRL C)

3. To put the image into your post, click on the icon that looks like a picture of a tree

4. Paste the line of text where it says "Image URL" (CTRL V)

5. Hit "Insert" and voila!

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Merci Laika

[quote user="Johnny"]Merci Laika[/quote]

You can also copy and paste the image shack link straight into the post (make sure it's the link that says "for forums and email"). Don't forget to check off and resize the pics to 640 x 480 in the "resize image?" drop down box. It's really simple once you get the hang of it.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Nice jacket Johnny. I didn't know you were referring to this one in your original post. Is it pretty light in weight? I found that the boiled cotton + poly is much heavier than just boiled poly. Maybe it's just the construction of the jacket. I am wearing a boiled cotton + poly jacket today as well :) I like the CDG button. I remember nqth mentioned they are made with some special wood in his blog.

Still waiting to see your golden sweater :) and yes I think the pale gold color can work nicely with black and white. Some of the pants are quite nice.

Faust - didn't see your new Ann D jacket from earlier. Glad you got it. Looks great.

Buckwheat, thanks. The poly/cotton is heavier I think. There is no lining to the jacket, so I think it's just the fabric weight. Did you also get one from this season's Junya?

No I haven't seenthe new collectionin person yet...sadly. I think the black and grey ones are the only things I like from the collection. The rest are too colorful for me.

Johnny, it's so nice! Is it the same as this one--I can't tell without seeing it on you....

yes it's that one laika. [:)]