• Oct 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

nice boris pick up!
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• pbt
      • Jan 2007

Where did you pick up the Buttero boots?

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="pbt"]Where did you pick up the Buttero boots?[/quote]

As well, how much? Also, Boris is delicious. Great pickups. I need a new belt, and then I can finally pick up a quick release buckle myself. Anyway have any decent suggestions for plain black belts that won't set me back too much? If they come with a decent buckle already that's fine, but I think I'll probably just have a reasonably-priced leatherworked make me one if no one comes up with anything. My current belt is completely trashed.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

buttero boots are sold at barneys co-op.

Comment

• explicit
            • Jan 2007

thanks, all.
            - i picked up the boots at barney's co-op. they retail for $375 but were on sale 20% off when i got them. even at full price they're worth it. great quality and (since i love the cdiem shape but can't drop over a grand on boots) are pretty much exactly the shape i'm looking for.

- i'm pretty into boris. i also just picked up both versions of vein on vinyl (because i'm creepily obsessive that way). dronevil is pretty crazy.

- as for belts, i'm just going to pick up a belt blank (really just a thick leather strip) from the boot/leather shop near where i live. i want to make an interpretation of that ma+ belt that was posted up a while ago. i'll post pics when i'm finished. if you want a decent belt blank, with or without snaps/buckles, you can get them online for ~$10, which is pretty good for a real leather belt.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
              • Nov 2006

How do those buttero boots run? true to size or bigger?

Comment

• pbt
                • Jan 2007

Happy with this Rick Owens jacket from 3 Different. Doesn't look great closed,too wide at the bottomwhen zipped up. But worn open itlooks good,nice shoulderand drape. Fabric is nice and subdued, looks good with a hoodie. Sleeves are super long, even on my relatively long arms.Folding back the cuff makesthe sleeve justlong, andreveals a nice blue grey satin lining which looks cool sticking out. Have been on the market for a down jacket for a while. Picked up the Raf from yoox, and I was right in thinking it wouldn't look so michelin man puffy when worn. It's great.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Nice purchases Paul!

Went to Barneys NY today in Boston and checked out the Buttero's they had there... the price is so cheap for what you get! $350-375 a pair. Wow!

My gripe (may not be the right thread for it...) but FUCK the new Ann Demeulemeester pricing.

The double waistcoats were $750, the waistcoat with the sewn in shirttails was $550, and that's just the beginning! Thin waxy coated jeans cut black pants were in the $500+ dollar range.

The quality doesn't even really feel THAT great. Where does she get off charging those kinds of prices? It seems like her stuff has gone up in price season after season much faster than many other brands.

$750 for a dual waistcoats.... my god. It's not even like it's functional clothing like a sweater. A waistcoat doesn't even keep you warm.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Chinorlz-Great buy on the butteros. Do they come in a brown color in the same style?
                    Also, check out the thread 'style or price to determine market', or something like that. [:)] I feel the same you do about some companies' pricing.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks Casius, I'll head over there in a little bit. Working on the website now hehe. Should launch by the end of next weekend if not before.

I didn't actually pick up the Butteros, I just checked em out and was surprised by the price! Are they of good quality? They even have the rear zip boots a la Carpe!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• khiev
                        • Nov 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Nice purchases Paul!

Went to Barneys NY today in Boston and checked out the Buttero's they had there... the price is so cheap for what you get! $350-375 a pair. Wow!

My gripe (may not be the right thread for it...) but FUCK the new Ann Demeulemeester pricing.

The double waistcoats were $750, the waistcoat with the sewn in shirttails was $550, and that's just the beginning! Thin waxy coated jeans cut black pants were in the $500+ dollar range.

The quality doesn't even really feel THAT great. Where does she get off charging those kinds of prices? It seems like her stuff has gone up in price season after season much faster than many other brands.

$750 for a dual waistcoats.... my god. It's not even like it's functional clothing like a sweater. A waistcoat doesn't even keep you warm.

[/quote]

I agree, this is absolute BS... I really want the waistcoats from brown and LVR, but the pricing is so incredibly ridiculous. I just hope that they'll still be available when aloharag stocks them [after discount of course!]... if not, then all the more incentive to save for her amazing fall collection, or heidi's, or rick's....damn, so many pple on top of their game...

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

I totally agree ^^ I wanted the hand print tank, thinking I might pay $80 or $90 since it's only a tank, saw it at Jeffery for $180! I liked the washed out nonchalance of this collection, but I think it makes it particularly hard to stomach such prices when everything looks so worn.
                          music

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

julius

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• kompressorkev
                              • Dec 2006

^ nice . i ordered the same julius sweater from deuxmille, and it's en route, can't wait for mine to arrive.

Comment

• khiev
                                • Nov 2006

damn sizing. I ordered three drkshw t-shrts from yoox, 2 in size small and the other in a medium. Wtf, the medium fits me like how an american apparel XS would fit me. I love the cut and everything, nice wide neck opening, but the sizing is so inconsistent with his main line. I've always been a small in the rick owens main line. The other complaint I have is that the drkshw cotton isnt nearly as heavenly as his his main line... how naive of me. But I still liked one enough to re-order it in a size Large! (sic)...Oh well, I'm off to call A. now to order a couple of rick owens ts.

...and screw the damn yoox restocking fee! Do you reckon they'll accept my package if the plastic bag has been opened for me to try on the shirt?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎