X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomatous
    Banned
    • Jan 2009

Your little pinkie toe knows who is balling, and who isn't.

Comment

• sound&vision
      • May 2008

Originally posted by drkshdw View Post
      Noted. Thank you for your input. The post wasn't meant to show what I can buy, rather what I had been searching for and found. I should have worded the post differently.

Some people like to spend thousands of dollars on a Rick Owens or Chanel or Louis Vuitton jacket or bag and I don't say you spent too much money and should have bought a similar article of clothing or accessory from a 'lesser brand' or factory outlet. Same could be said for half of the clothing or accessories in the 'fashion' world. Why does my wife prefer James Perse over Rick Owens, why do I prefer Rick Owens to James Perse? Personal preference and an appreciation for the designer.
      Yes, people spend thousands meaningly chasing an aesthetic or logo that has no personal attachment beyond it's lofty price-point and exclusive status. You're consuming Rick Owens in exactly the same manner a corny white girl consumes Louis Vuitton, congrats!

Comment

• grapz
        • Sep 2008

I say let the man spend his money on what he wants to. :O

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

I paid $12.00 for a 3 pack of socks at the local TJ Maxx and had a hard time sleeping that night because I felt like I'd been had. Seriously.
          If I could roll toilet paper up on my feet instead of buying socks, I would.
          I'm not going to judge anyone's purchases but I'm openly wondering why Rick even offers socks in his line.
          I mean wouldn't you cover other things like a leather codpiece or a matador's hat before covering basics like socks if you're a designer?

Leather codpiece with deer fur detail, part of the S/S10 line: SQUIRMISH
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by beardown View Post
            I'm not going to judge anyone's purchases but I'm openly wondering why Rick even offers socks in his line.
            I'd say they are a novelty item more than anything, the equivalent of a keychain/towel/whatever. thats why the socks are one of the very few items with branding on them.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by grapz View Post
              I say let the man spend his money on what he wants to. :O
              Yes let's not call a spade a spade, it's the SZ way.
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• kbi
                • Feb 2009

I understand someone buying a RO leather even though it's hideously overpriced...You can argue that there's a design/material aspect that makes it special or characteristical for his work.. just like a CCP leather piece or a ma+ aviator etc... But this here is still about fashion and not consumerism or am I wrong?? This is about discussing fashion and not bragging about what you can buy with your money allthough it sometimes leads into that. Is fashion really just about showing how much dough you got? Why the hell should one buy socks so expensive? There's no fabric or design that makes it justify the price.. There's just nothing to it except the high price. big FAIL imo

But then again everybody is free to buy whatever they want to.. Myself, I'm still proud of my wool-socks my grandma knitted me last year!! And I'm happy to reconsider my thoughts if someone can give me a new overview on those socks, which doesn't make them a fucking fashion-killer.

Comment

• crz
                  • Apr 2008

but guys... they say "STRUTTER" on them!!

anyways..was thinking about Veblens "conspicuous consumption"
                  “our apparel is always in evidence and affords an indication of our
                  pecuniary standing to all observers at the first glance"
                  ..but who the fuck notices luxe socks??

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    DRKSHDW, I know you are a new comer and all, but stupid shit like that makes not only SZ, but the whole fucking fashion world seem so fucking low, facile and just wrong that it's not even funny. And before someone tells me that one has a full right to spend as he will, this does not make it any less shallow and disgusting. There are limits, and you have just successfully broken through them.
                    Thank you.

Originally posted by kbi View Post
                    Myself, I'm still proud of my wool-socks my grandma knitted me last year!!
                    And you should be. They have been made with love and care. Excellence. Quality. OK, I've been reading Pirsig..
                    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

drkshdw is probably
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• ironman
                        • Apr 2008

he could argue that he is admittedly buying a novelty item (like Raf Simons towel, Dior Homme beanie with a bee logo on it, etc.) and is simply supporting his favourite designer

especially since it was from the RO store, proceeds from his novelty sock sales is kind of like a charitable donation toward the man himself, isn't it? lol

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

Can I just note that Diego's ma+ underpants are just as terrible a purchase. At least he didn't get 9...
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Vanna
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post

These are so comfortable!
                            These are awesome.
                            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Diego
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                              Can I just note that Diego's ma+ underpants are just as terrible a purchase. At least he didn't get 9...
                              You have a good memory but I just special ordered a couple more so it's even more terrible

Comment

• c.r.e.a.m.
                                • Jan 2009

dji, got the same dd's too. what size did you get them in? mine are 50 and the waist is HUGE, probably for a size 40+ waist haha. doesnt really matter tho, the drawstring solves the problem. i also have to wear an extra pair of leggings underneath, they're a bit sheer.

and...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎