X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dontbecruel
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

I haven't been to the boutique for quite a while. Somehow Margiela always seems more enticing to me in a small selection. What did you think of the Bruton Place shop? It's a beautiful building isn't it?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]I haven't been to the boutique for quite a while. Somehow Margiela always seems more enticing to me in a small selection. What did you think of the Bruton Place shop? It's a beautiful building isn't it?
      [/quote]

Yes, I loved it - much better than their NYC store. It felt less contrived. The reason why I always welcome boutiques is that they tend to experiment more. There were A LOT of MMM there that I haven't seen elsewhere.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• droogist
        • Sep 2006

Lovely trousers, dontbecruel

Thanks Faust and Monty. Mr. droogist for the most part exercised restraint, for which he was commended. :D The only item of clothing he bought was this fairly hilarious Wendy&Jim football scarf. The side shown in the photo says "I Am A Man," but the other side really looks like a genuine football scarf, complete with slogan in hideous typeface and the W&J logo on either end.

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

came in the mail this morning, sorry for the redunancy in the waywt thread.

the lighting isn't all that great so here's the fabric detail:

margiela blazer. treated cotton, not really sure how, but i like it a lot. also came with a tag saying it should wear and fade nicely. sleeves are a bit long- but that might be intended since the 4th button on the cuffs has a false button hole. any idea why he'd do that? i'm not a suit-head, so forgive my ignorance.

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

droogist- love that ring. want to get one for myself... (on a side note - is there anyway to "speed up" the tarnishing process?)

danimal- like the jas mb bag a lot, i need a black messenger bag myself... tempting.

Comment

• kucejoe
              • Sep 2006

Speaking of Jas M.B. bags. I saw an all leather one today and it was great, but I think I like yours (i.e. darkanimal) better. How big is it? Also, do you have the specific name of it (so I could see if the boutique here that carries it might be able to order it) or a shop that might have it and ship it?

How is the quality of Jas M.B in general, the one I handled seemed nice. The reason I am hesitant about getting the one I saw (other than the price) is that it might be a little too feminine (at least that is what the person i showed it to said). I found a picture online.

Oh, and btw...great haul darkanimal.

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• darkanimal
                • Sep 2006

Thanks! It's approx 15 x 16 x4.5. inches The receipt just said canvas despatch w buckles, no code or anything. I've seen a couple of the Jas MB bags in different sizes, I've seen that bag in the photo too, there was one almost identical as mine but in all leather and an extra £100. Contact Selfridges they also have variants of my bag.

Comment

• darkanimal
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

droogist- love that ring. want to get one for myself... (on a side note - is there anyway to "speed up" the tarnishing process?)

danimal- like the jas mb bag a lot, i need a black messenger bag myself... tempting.

[/quote]

Haha you know why I needed a new bag, the old one is now reserve for whatever. There is a solution that oxidizes the silver in like seconds. I will ask my friend what kind of acid it is.Actually I need it too as all my oxidized jewelry are becoming lighter.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="kucejoe"]

Speaking of Jas M.B. bags. I saw an all leather one today and it was great, but I think I like yours (i.e. darkanimal) better. How big is it? Also, do you have the specific name of it (so I could see if the boutique here that carries it might be able to order it) or a shop that might have it and ship it?

How is the quality of Jas M.B in general, the one I handled seemed nice. The reason I am hesitant about getting the one I saw (other than the price) is that it might be a little too feminine (at least that is what the person i showed it to said). I found a picture online.

Oh, and btw...great haul darkanimal.

[/quote]

doesn't look feminie at all.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                      • Sep 2006

just purchased a pair of carol christian poell boots in a size 7. they fit exactly like my other ccp boots. i have the diagonal zip boots in a size 8 andalsothewrap around boots in a size 8. i really dont get ccp sizing sometimes. the color iselegantly vibrant and striking. the side zip is aesthetically pleasingand functional. i wore these with my dark blue denim ccp twist jeans and they look absolutelystunning together. my favorite ccp boots by far. i cantdescribe how much i love them. really have to see them in person to really appreciate them.

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

Very very nice boots bella. Can I ask where you got them from? I would love a pair of those, in that colour,in shoe form

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

wow nice color! nice purchase bella. there was another beutiful color he did taht showed up on y!j a year ago, i didn't have the money at the time... now i just got to sit and wait for it to show up again...

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

these are on the way to me!

Comment

• Agent L
                              • Sep 2006

NICE scarf! Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                                • Sep 2006

thanx everybody. i really love them!!! i got them from yahoo japan.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎