• Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="andrewislasorad"]

Does this jacket have the lapels that button up like this

I really want this blazer they have at browns.

How is the sizing? My expierence with Ann Demeulemeester is anything but constant

[/quote]

Andrew, it seems that the metal pint goes into the opposite lapel. I did not examine the blazer close enough. EVERYBODY bought it - it's really nice. I don't know how it fits, Ann has definitely slimmed her jackets down in the past two years. IF has it - give Albert something to do while he's rammaging through the basment sale [;)]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Also, I think it was minomni who asked if anyone bought the assymetrical jacket that Aloharag bought, but in black? IF has it too. They markup is crazy though, $1026 vs. $840 on Aloharag. Goes to show you what a Soho rent can do to prices.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Ok, my last post here for now, sorry - just wanted to thank everyone for their kind comments. [Y]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Casius, drop me a pm with the size/description. If I see what yuo're looking for there I'll pick it up for you!

Only 3 stops this time:

Century 21 (a multi-hour glorious sinkhole)

IF basement sale (hit or miss....)

Atelier (it's like Viking Valhalla, except more expensive. Likely won't get anything unless something Linea strikes my fancy)

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Also, I think it was minomni who asked if anyone bought the assymetrical jacket that Aloharag bought, but in black? IF has it too. They markup is crazy though, $1026 vs. $840 on Aloharag. Goes to show you what a Soho rent can do to prices.
            [/quote]

i didn't see the asymmetrical jacket there yesterday. however, i may have just missed it. btw, there is a size medium demeulemeester pants there. it's not on the same rack as the other demeulemeester stuff, and it's on the rack where all of the pants are in the corner, where the changing curtain thingie is (rack with all the cdg pants.)

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

/\ shit, don't tell me these things man. MUST---RESIST. Albert, please buy them or something, so I don't get tempted.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

thinking about it, i may stop by and try them on... ;)
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Hahaha, I'm not made of money! I've been putting a lot of capital into my store (currently around 40-50 items with a bit more coming) and trying to cut back on personal purchases... although that hasn't worked that well considering in the last 6 weeks or so I've bought:

- Julius: Two drape shirts, twisted seam jeans and pants
                  - Carol Christian Poell: twist pants
                  - Label Under Construction: gray 3-d knit sweater (to be passed on to MikeH this evening)
                  - Linea: gray folded boatneck sweater
                  - Carpe Diem: rear lace distressed boots
                  - CCP twist jeans
                  - CCP overlock wool pants
                  - CCP mesh overlay dress shirt
                  - Linea black twisted seams shirt
                  - Linea zip up jacket
                  - Linea laceup ankle boots (my gf calls them my black Ronald McDonald shoes haha)
                  - LMaltieri knit neckwarmer
                  - LMaltieri freeform hat (which I lost about a week after purchasing. Ughhh haha. C'est la vie!)
                  - Rick Owens black pants with satin piping

- Rick Owens Slab painted jeans

The IF basement sale sounds pretty promising though. I may get a few buys in... who knows! I almost always find something at Century 21 though... and Atelier is forever tempting. I'm going to peruse their Linea a bit more carefully this time and check out those RO tees that Khiev has been raving about.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Albert, I know it's a pain, but you should check the women's section at C21 for linea/cdiem--there are still some random pieces up there, marked as low as $49. [:|]

My Marc Le Bihan skirt, as promised. Please ignore the mess. [:$]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

$49?! Holy shit...

I did plan on checking out the womens... I got my Slab jeans in that dept for $30 :)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Wow, that's gorgeous!!! I love it, Laika - well done.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Laika, absolutely gorgeous!

Well, just put in my order to IF (they were nice enough to ship to me! [:)] ).
                          Ann D. trouser pants
                          Ann D. beige long sleeve

I'm stoked. I wish they had a blazer in my size though, the woman I talked to was extremely helpful as well.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Laika, absolutely gorgeous!

Well, just put in my order to IF (they were nice enough to ship to me! [:)] ).
                            Ann D. trouser pants
                            Ann D. beige long sleeve

I'm stoked. I wish they had a blazer in my size though, the woman I talked to was extremely helpful as well.

[/quote]

Oh, that's awesome! I'm glad they could ship, saved on taxes too. I distinctly heard the owner saying no to the woman in front of me who was asking for her purchases to be sent to her house in CT. Maybe they just didn't want to bother since she was paying already.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Oh, that's awesome! I'm glad they could ship, saved on taxes too. I distinctly heard the owner saying no to the woman in front of me who was asking for her purchases to be sent to her house in CT. Maybe they just didn't want to bother since she was paying already.

[/quote]

I bet she just wanted to sidestep taxes hehe

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Albert, I bet you're right. New York sales tax kills!
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎