• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soultek
    • Feb 2007

Re: Your recent purchases

hanajibu,

do you find the front part of the shoe & toebox a little narrow?

I'm assuming this shape was intentional, I had to size up just to fit the width of my foot into the shoe, and the toe box now extends 1-1.5" past my actual toe. Nice shoes, I got the shoe version.

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

[quote user="hanajibu"]

Guidi black donkey leather lace-ups from Atelier. (photo credit from Atelier's .mac site)

[/quote]

beautiful boots! i'm excited for my pair from y!jp. what is atelier's price for those?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• hanajibu
        • Jan 2007

soultek: they fit "true" for me (43) -- though the toe-box is a bit more snug than C-Diems. perhaps that extra is intentional for the shoe.

ddohnggo: less than a grand with tax. they are absolutely beautiful in person!

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]Great pickups A. Berlin seems to really be working out for you! Do you ever use your ma+ bag that you made out of canvas? I'm still waiting for enough time to go out and make one myself. I tried on the bag at A and thought it was so cool, but I wonder how well I can replicate it with non-existant sewing and pattern-making skills...[/quote]

Faust I'll have photos when I get back from Shanghai for you :)

SBW, I have been using my "ma+" bag every day. Literally.

You don't need ANY sewing skills for the ma+ bag at all! Well... just two stitches to anchor the strap to the hardware on both ends.Just look at the DIY thread on it. As long as you follow that pattern and sort of just think about the ratios you'll be golden. Make a small paper version first if you want. It's easy easy easy. The only hard part is the hardware. Takes a bit of muscle hehe.

Can be done though. I know you can do it!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Albert, the LUC piece sounds absolutely amazing. Please do post pics! BTW, what did your girlfriend get? I know she likes Continues too and I would love to see examples of what women buy/wear from these lines.

And are there pictures of your finished ma+ bag somewhere--it is so bloody awesome that you did that. [:)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="hanajibu"]

Guidi black donkey leather lace-ups from Atelier. (photo credit from Atelier's .mac site)
              [/quote]

Very good buy. Those are my favorite boots this season, I just might have to splurge as well.
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• macuser3of5
                • Sep 2006

Finally picked up a nice grey/slate pinstripe Jil Sander 3 button suit from its waiting slot in the post office today... [:D] Utterly amazing construction, this baby is a subtle work of art! Special thanks to rach2jlc [:)]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="macuser3of5"]Finally picked up a nice grey/slate pinstripe Jil Sander 3 button suit from its waiting slot in the post office today... [:D] Utterly amazing construction, this baby is a subtle work of art! Special thanks to rach2jlc [:)][/quote]

sounds beautiful mac! Is the suit from the current Raf regime or from Jil's time? Ah, the old Tailor Made pieces were just stunning. The construction was perfection!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Albert, the LUC piece sounds absolutely amazing. Please do post pics! BTW, what did your girlfriend get? I know she likes Continues too and I would love to see examples of what women buy/wear from these lines.

And are there pictures of your finished ma+ bag somewhere--it is so bloody awesome that you did that. [:)]

[/quote]

I may have time to get some photos of both pieces up tonight. Just need to clean up around here before the train to Frankfurt and the flight out to Shanghai[:P]

It's funny, actually my girlfriend doesn't like any particular line/designer unto themself and we've actually had a very similar discussion that we're currently having here on the CCP forum haha.

She most recently got a Rick Owens beautifully draping knit on sale here in Berlin. She tried on a LUC knit for women at Ulf Haines but didn't get it. A bit too... nondescript of a piece. She wears everything from Urban Outfitters to no-name stuff to Rick Owens and the like. Picks and chooses. I'm just a bit more... "focused" :)

You can definitely make an MA+ bag yourself as well Laika! It's broken in nicely for me from the stiff, structured piece that it was the day I made it. If you have the right size fabrics, a bottle of spray adhesive, a few heavy gauge wires and just a few feet of thread and a thick needle, you can have it made in a couple of hours ready to use. No kidding!

ah and great buy on the Guidi boots! Beautiful bastards.... with the CDiem line itself being kind of stagnant at the moment (until April May.... can't wait to see what comes out!) Guidi boots are a significantly lower priced option with almost precisely the same silhouette and of course the same high attention to detail construction. Get Guidis over CDiems and you're left with $500-700 to spend on something else!

Comment

• macuser3of5
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="macuser3of5"]Finally picked up a nice grey/slate pinstripe Jil Sander 3 button suit from its waiting slot in the post office today... [:D] Utterly amazing construction, this baby is a subtle work of art! Special thanks to rach2jlc [:)][/quote]

sounds beautiful mac! Is the suit from the current Raf regime or from Jil's time? Ah, the old Tailor Made pieces were just stunning. The construction was perfection!

[/quote]
                      From what rach2jlc told me, it's from S/S 2005, Tailor Made line... Yeah, the construction is immaculate. Now to find a nice wool Tailor Made number for winter... [:)]

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Jil Sander tailor made = my favourite suits. Mine is so pared down it doesn't even have sleeve buttons.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

A few photos... taken in the bathroom hahaha.

CCP leather jacket. The vegetable dye is so interesting. It changes colors depending on the light. Sometimes it's a pure gray, other times a greenish color as seen here. Beautiful construction! If I had gotten the size 50 I would never be able to wear a knit or thin sweater under it (literally nothing long sleeved aside from a standard dress shirt).

Harder to photograph.... Sartoria "Fattoamano" knit with the structuring and pieces put together like the Fattoamano deerskin jacket. I ended up removing the threads on the back. Too much to deal with and not having them doesn't detract from the piece. The cut and structuring is AMAZING and it feels like heaven on the skin. Makes me look like i have a belly but i swear i don't [:P]

A flash photo showing some of the patchwork stitching on the back.

Part of the LUC wire knit with the sleeved ruched up (just manually ruched to show you how it'd look. To make it permanent you have to adjust the second screw (not the one on the end of the sleeve but the one behind it)

You can see the two screw sets easier here.

I have a photo of the LUC knit being worn (although under a jacket) in the waywt thread.

....now I just need some dark gray pants and some raw denims. I think I need to stop into APC at some point....

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ dang, that knit is nice [:|]
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Albert, that CCP leather jacket fits you perfectly. Good purchases lately!
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Thanks Cas!

Not sure what precisely I want further now... I do have some wishlist items but I can take my time with em I think. The CCP hooded duffle is still elusive. Maybe it hasn't shipped yet... not that I can drop that amount of money (rather... not willing to right now) at this moment. The overlock leather was no small purchase[:$]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎