• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

So, the seller got my wire transfer, finally. I can't wait for the Margiela biker jacket to get here!!! I am pretty sure I'll have to shorten the sleeves, but it should be fine otherwise. Damn, I've been wanting one for a looooooooooooooooong time.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]So, the seller got my wire transfer, finally. I can't wait for the Margiela biker jacket to get here!!! I am pretty sure I'll have to shorten the sleeves, but it should be fine otherwise. Damn, I've been wanting one for a looooooooooooooooong time.
      [/quote]

The sleeves on the margiela aren't THAT long but the leather is thick enough that wearing it until it bunches is not an interesting option...plus I'm not sure how it would look with suede. Now maybe margiela will get a clue and release this jacket in red so I can get it....

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

[quote user="Faust"]So, the seller got my wire transfer, finally. I can't wait for the Margiela biker jacket to get here!!! I am pretty sure I'll have to shorten the sleeves, but it should be fine otherwise. Damn, I've been wanting one for a looooooooooooooooong time.
        [/quote]

The sleeves on the margiela aren't THAT long but the leather is thick enough that wearing it until it bunches is not an interesting option...plus I'm not sure how it would look with suede. Now maybe margiela will get a clue and release this jacket in red so I can get it....

[/quote]

They were just a tad long on the 48 I tried on. We'll see how this looks though, his cut for these jackets can vary. Hmm, come to think of it I am surprised why he hasn't done it in red (at least not that I know of). I've seen them in black, cream, blue suede, and brown suede.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

i was sad when i tried that margiela jacket on as it didn't end up looking right on me. ah well, there's plenty of other leather jackets to buy :)

the raf simons shirt came in today. perfect fit!

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

That's pretty cool!! The seller's measurements were pretty off then...
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]That's pretty cool!! The seller's measurements were pretty off then...[/quote]

are you callin me fat? [^o)] haha. no, yeah they were off an inch or so, lucky me...

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

It doesn't have to be all clothes, anything that makes you feel like you've add something of value to your posessions. Inspired by laika and dontbecruel.

DescriptionQuantityGift OptionsTotal Price
                  [*]Cosmopolis[*]Don DeLillo[*]Hardcover[*]ISBN: 0641711840[*]Our Price: $4.98[/list]
                  [*]Gift-Wrap:
                  None
                  [*]Gift Message:
                  None
                  [/list]
                  [*]$4.98[/list]
                  [*]Flowers of Evil[*]Charles Baudelaire, James McGowan (Translator)[*]Paperback[*]ISBN: 0192835459[*]Our Price: $12.95[/list]
                  [*]Gift-Wrap:
                  None
                  [*]Gift Message:
                  None
                  [/list]
                  [*]$12.95[/list]
                  [*]Painter of Modern Life and Other Essays[*]Charles Baudelaire, Jonathan Mayne (Editor), Jonathan Mayne (Translator)[*]Paperback[*]ISBN: 0714833657[*]Our Price: $9.95[/list]
                  [*]Gift-Wrap:
                  None
                  [*]Gift Message:
                  None
                  [/list]
                  [*]$9.95[/list]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Pilaged from Yoox (good for office wear)

CDG H+ wool pants $60

Raf Simons black cotton pants with drawstrings - $40

[/quote]

Just got the package, both pairs look amazing! I hope they fit well (damn classes, I don't get home till 9 tonight).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

i pulled some nice things in lately. but i've got to wait for them- so i'll wait to share my recent scores :)

Comment

• darkanimal
                      • Sep 2006

I really like your avatar xcoldricex, it rocks! Nothing fancy for today, I just bought a leather credit card case and threw out my beat 2 year old wallet. Simplifying what I carry and this are 200x better when you wear skinny pants.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="darkanimal"]I really like your avatar xcoldricex, it rocks! Nothing fancy for today, I just bought a leather credit card case and threw out my beat 2 year old wallet. Simplifying what I carry and this are 200x better when you wear skinny pants.
                        [/quote]

Where, where? Pic? I need one, pronto - my current one is falling apart. I wanted to pull the trigger on the one by JasMB, but it was still $100 - I just can't do it (also the biatch at their Doors store was so annoying - she acted like she was selling diamonds - it might have been part of the reason I did not buy it).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I got this bag for Mrs. Faust, so she stops butchering my Helmut Lang messenger bag. It's no frills, but it's excellent quality and perfect for work - just big enough to hold either a laptop or a bunch of documents.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

BTW, if one is looking for a functional, well made school/work bag, Ro is an excellent choice.

http://www.robags.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=2

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkanimal
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Where, where? Pic? I need one, pronto - my current one is falling apart. I wanted to pull the trigger on the one by JasMB, but it was still $100 - I just can't do it (also the biatch at their Doors store was so annoying - she acted like she was selling diamonds - it might have been part of the reason I did not buy it).

[/quote]

Ahahaha, I came in at a more lucky day, it wasn't a biatch but some bald guy at Doors. He was even kind enough to go check some more bags not on display at the back while I tried on their leather jacket. Which reminds me of a Sienfeld episode where Jerry had an idea to create a store that only sells stuff that's "in the back". Why wouldn't the associates put them up front? Anyways going back, I just picked up a very non descript black leather card holder by Tumi for $30. Very simple, I had really no time to hunt for something better and was rushing to go home, so this did it for me even tho I'm not much familiar if the label is that good. I can still post pics later, if you haven't seen them.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Today is "Ebay shopping for Mrs. Faust" day. I don't mind :-)

Henry Beguelin sandals

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

I get to move into the "recent purchases" thread with this one:

CCP "alien" gloves done in Kangaroo Leather from Atelier.

Now my fingers won't get cold in the Boston snow!

I do wish that he did them with an overlock stitch though like those "frankenstein" fur lined gloves a ways back... man those were cool.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎