X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="darkanimal"]I really like your avatar xcoldricex, it rocks!
    [/quote]

thanks, it's a sculpture by a japanese guy http://matsuzakikatsuyoshi.com - they were displayed at 45rpm uptown for a few days mid-september. they make me happy

Comment

• darkanimal
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

thanks, it's a sculpture by a japanese guy http://matsuzakikatsuyoshi.com - they were displayed at 45rpm uptown for a few days mid-september. they make me happy

[/quote]

I saw them last night ,walked in at the 45rpm in soho actually, they are small objects alright but magical. Pretty cool and yeah it made me happy too.

Comment

• djrajio
        • Sep 2006

These finally came in the mail this morning. Lad Musician brown lace zipper boots...very sleek ...

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

slick, nice pick up.

here's one of the things i've acquired. stuff should come in sometime later next week.

lmaltieri reversible shirt

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ Nice! I like the patchwork sleeves, although I'm not a big fan of s/s tshirt over a l/s tshirt look.

I bought a camera, finally.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

love everything on this page....can't wait to see it in the WAYWT thread.

I really adore those gloves, especially....

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• dontbecruel
                • Sep 2006

I snagged this rayon Comme shirt on the bay. Should look good hanging out of some slacks.

Comment

• Monty76
                  • Sep 2006

Chinorlz: Those gloves are freakin awesome... do you mind me asking how much they set you back? and are there any left at Atelier?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I bought gloves, too. Nothing crazy like Alberts. I gave up on the idea of buying expensive gloves, because mine last 1 season on the average. I got a pair at a local discount store, but they are nice, Italian made, black leather, lined with cashmere, and with a little tab with snaps to adjust how you want them to fit - all for a cool $40.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Ah the CCP gloves were in the $500 range. The shearling ones were I think $20-30 less than the kangaroo leathers and the "frozen" gloves (only in size 46)are $650.

As for sizes, I think they still have 46,48,50 for the shearling and now 46, 48 for the kangaroos since I bought the 50's. I think you can consider the 48's to be mediums (on the small side of medium). I ended up getting the 50's because the leather is kind of thin (but structured) and has a thin lining. I talked to JoJo and told him about how I planned on layering with some of those thin fingerless stretch-cotton gloves you can get on St. Mark's from those street peddlers. The 50's work perfectly both with them (snug!) and without (nicely spaced, not skin tight).

Price-wise, they were definitely hefty. Very hefty, but I've been needing a pair of gloves for literally years now and kept putting it off, waiting for something timeless yet unique to come along and these were precisely it. I know that I'll be getting a lot of use out of these as the weather gets crisper. The girlfriend hates them too hahaha, says they freak her out! hahahahaha

Now I'm on the hunt for:

- CCP "frankenstein" patchwork fur lined gloves (did they make this in other colors aside from blue?)

- CCP asymmetrical overlock jeans (no need for the twists, I'm off of that kick now haha) in raw denim

- CCP overlock stitched leather jackets (without the $5k pricetag)

- CCP overlock stitched blazers/dress shirts

- CDiemmandarin collared blazer with extended sleeve linings (Bilzerian has these but... $1800 is too much)

Happy tuesday everyone!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

I am also looking for a CCP tailored jacket. Let me know how you get on Albert. Is it your experience that CCP is v narrow in cut? I think i may have to "size up"

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]I am also looking for a CCP tailored jacket. Let me know how you get on Albert. Is it your experience that CCP is v narrow in cut? I think i may have to "size up"[/quote]

Very narrow, indeed. The armholes are cut impossibly high.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

really? i'm a 48 and i fit a 48. sometimes i can even get into 46's in his blazers.

and damn you for reminding me about missing out on those "frankenstein gloves" because of a stupid seller :(

Comment

• Johnny
                              • Sep 2006

it perhaps depends on the particular jacket. certainly when i tried on a 48 from this summer's collection (with the yellow overlock stitching inside) it was very neat indeed. Faust is right about the armholes - very high and very narrow. The sleeves on that jacket were very severely tailored.HOw much do these things go for - Faust did you see anything nice in the Library?

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]it perhaps depends on the particular jacket. certainly when i tried on a 48 from this summer's collection (with the yellow overlock stitching inside) it was very neat indeed. Faust is right about the armholes - very high and very narrow. The sleeves on that jacket were very severely tailored.HOw much do these things go for - Faust did you see anything nice in the Library?[/quote]

Not Faust but was at the Library recently; they had a couple of leather jackets (which means pretty much the most CCP leather you'll see at the same place) in camel (very cool)and black and one black "denim" jacket that was extremely structured. Blazers are cut slim but unless those I tried were off I'd advise against sizing up as his shoulders tend to be true to size on all garments I'veseen (seam placement on shirts/sweaters/leather jackets/blazers). The most misleading are, as you might expect, the leather jacket as they're designed to mold to your body and stretch a little over time which means you might be led to believe sizing up is a good idea. The coolest piece was IMHO a sweater with some sort of cables/wires inside that could be literally shaped to desired form. This is the only piece where I would size up as more drape gives you additional fabric to work with. Alas the smallest size they had was a 50 and I'd have taken a 48 or maybe 46(usual size=46). Oh and they had some boots left.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎