X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Shoes look hot. How does that paper interior look/feel in real life?

Also... did you get the chair or the tat of the chair? Haha, when it comes to you we gotta ask to be clear hehehe

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

The paper interior is unlike anything I have come across before, it's extremely soft! The shoes are really comfortable, even with no insole, so I am very happy to say the least.

Oh, and that is the inside of my left arm, haha. While at my cousin's wedding in Northern Cal I saw a friend of mine who is a tattoo artist and we whipped that up. I some day hope to own that chair, it's definitely my favorite piece of furniture. [:)]
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Hehe, awesome! The redness faded really quickly for a tattoo done so recently!

If you're willing to settle on a remake/reissue of the original Eames it's a lot more affordable... my roommate back in Boston has that set in the polished wood with black leather colorway. He told me that they weren't too bad in the not-actually-Eames market in terms of price.

The shoes sound great. I also don't put insoles in my CCPs. I had some Tacco's as suggested by the guys at A but they would slide some and then I'd get this bunching/wrinkling at the foot arch that was just plain annoying so I ditched them and haven't looked back since!

Is the paper sealed flat or can it be separated from the leather a little bit? That is... how much give does it have? It almost seems like Carol made large sheets of leather and sealed the other side with paper and then made his pieces out of it (both shoe styles as well as the belts). Just curious if this is true.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Yea, my body heals really fast; Just call me Wolverine.[:)] I would buy a replica in a heart beat as I've heard they're about half the original's price. But right now I just don't need a lounge, maybe some day with a bigger place.

The paper can be seperated a bit from the leather right above the stitching, but the rest of it looks like it's adhered on because it doesn't billow out or anything in the middle. It's a really interesting material to say the least and definitely makes me want to check out the all paper oxfords even more.
          Interesting to hear about your experience with the Tacco's, that's definitely what Gentry recommended, but he said I should wear the shoes a little while without the insole to break them in, then put insoles in. I'll just wait and play it by ear.

So you going to order those off white boots? [;)] I'm still waiting patiently to see what's in store for this coming Fall.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Very cool. Yeah I want to check out the paper shoes in person as well! Hoping that L'Eclaireur and/or The Library will still have them in a week and a half.

Hehe, I'm holding off on the off-whites until I can see them in person. I'm quite taken with the Augusta zipup boots labeled as "black" on Atelier's website but they're more sort of black/orange tiger striped... really really awesome.

Also, seems like L'Eclaireur has a lot of earlier collection CCP pieces plus they're on the Euro and I get VAT back so it could be worthwhile to hit em up and see what they got!

Again, great CCP purchase Cas!

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Those Agusta boots are gorgeous, definitely a nice boot. Any clue how much they are running?

I contacted L'Eclaireur about the paper shoes (about a few weeks ago) and they said they didn't get the shoes in, not sure if that meant at that moment or ever. Getting the items from Europe sounds like the way to go though! You'll have to update me on the L'Eclaireur/Library trip!

[:)]

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

those shoes look nuts

crazy tat too, its my favorite piece of furniture as well. I could grab my grandfathers chair but I'm not sure yet if it'll fit in our apartment :P

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Those Agusta boots are gorgeous, definitely a nice boot. Any clue how much they are running?

I contacted L'Eclaireur about the paper shoes (about a few weeks ago) and they said they didn't get the shoes in, not sure if that meant at that moment or ever. Getting the items from Europe sounds like the way to go though! You'll have to update me on the L'Eclaireur/Library trip!

[:)]

[/quote]

Yes... it sounds like there was a second worldwide shipment with those paper shoes and a couple other pieces based on what Atelier just got in.

I was told that the Augusta boots are $1700 at Atelier[:^)]

Since items are quite inexpensive through Lazzari, I'm hoping for a similar type of price decrease when purchasing here in EU.

I'll definitely be making a posting about L'Eclaireur and The Library so that people can have an idea of what they're currently stocking so that they can give em a call. Especially L'Eclaireur since they seem to have a decent stock of older stuff.

If you get a chance to get over there, a rundown of what CDiem/CCP Maxfield's has would be awesome! I've only heard bits and pieces of what they have you know?

hehe, I watched the mens.style.com videos on The Lib and L'Eclair and that ink injected jacket at the Lib looks nuts.... probably sold now though. Woulda been cool to see it in person.

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Gorgeous CCP shoes!

I went to the Staff International sale, and came away with these silver flats (bottom pic) which, I am told, will tarnish over time. Very pleased, especially since they are currently at Barneys for full price, and I got them for 80% off!

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Faust, the Junya jacket looks gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see it on. [Y]
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

those are beautiful shoes laika. who makes the flats?
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

thanks ddonhggo! They are Margiela line 22.

Comment

• ionn26
                            • Feb 2007

Actually Library has lots of CCP stuff even past collections. The issue is Library is expensive.. in my honest opinion.. when it is compared to L'ecleure... but anyway.. either way Euro and pound is hurting me because USD I am paying right now... *sigh.. how I wish I can be filthy rich.. heheheh

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Yeah I'm with you ionn26, the euro is a killer. I'm on the USD just like you even though I'm in Berlin haha.

Yes, I'm banking more on L'Eclaireur than the Lib. The pound is a bitch and a half!

Damn the quid.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]Faust, the Junya jacket looks gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see it on. [Y]
                                [/quote]

Thank you! I really hope it fits. I am also eyeing an HL moleskin coat on Ebay - the two should take care of my semiformal coat needs for years to come. Congrats on the flats - very pretty! I am going to go to the Margiela sale today.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎