X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

What time are you going? I was actually looking for you yesterday, thought you might be there.....I'm considering going back today for the markdowns.

It's not quite as good as last time, imo. Some current season stuff, but a lot of leftovers from fall. I was really hoping to see some of the stripey spring stuff there, but there was nothing.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

What time are you going? I was actually looking for you yesterday, thought you might be there.....I'm considering going back today for the markdowns.

It's not quite as good as last time, imo. Some current season stuff, but a lot of leftovers from fall. I was really hoping to see some of the stripey spring stuff there, but there was nothing.

[/quote]

I am leaving work at 4 - so I should be there around 4:15-20 or so. We can meet!

P.S. I AM AN IDIOT. PP@YOOX still works - could've saved another $35 off the coat. Oh, well...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

LOL, I hope you went through Ebates, at least--it really pays off!

If I can get some work done, I will definitely try to make it....will keep my eyes open for you. [:)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

LOL, I hope you went through Ebates, at least--it really pays off!

If I can get some work done, I will definitely try to make it....will keep my eyes open for you. [:)]

[/quote]

Ok. I don't have my phone, but I'll be there as scheduled.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Great flats Laika! You certainly can't beat getting them for 80%.

Albert-Maxfield has shite for CCP footwear. The old green lace ups in size 13 (they must fit like a 14-15!), grey elephant boots with the cuff at the top, and some black back zip boots. I'm not even sure they had any of the SS07 footwear in this season, if they did it sold out quick. Also talked to thier buyer and they didn't pick up the paper oxfords either. They actually had that grey leather jacket the first time I went in a month or so back but it wasn't there this past week.
            As for CDiem, they have a ton! Zip up boots, lace up 5 hole boots, a bunch of low top lace up shoes, in all different colors as well. They also had a bunch of Guidi's boots and shoes. They mentioned to me these are thier top footwear sellers.

Faust-Hope you find something at the sale!
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Haha, thanks for the Maxfield's rundown Cas!

I'm really curious about those elephant boots put out by CCP... supposedly he made them that way because it forces you to walk in a different way. Interesting but if true.... will quickly become obnoxious hahaha. I still just want those wraparounds!

Cool that they carry so much CDiem and Guidi. Guidi is definitely underrated (or lesser known?). More people should get into the line!

There is a small article on Guidi that I have complete with a photo or two that may be interesting. I'll photograph it and pop it up here maybe this evening.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Yea after comparing the Guidi's to CDiem's, it seemed as though they are of very similar quality. Would love to see the article on them, as I still don't know much about the company.

Those elephant boots are cool, but walking in a different way, that's a little weird....haha. I'd also love to see him redo the wrap around boots and hockeye's as well. Hopefully this Fall will bring some new color/s into the footwear.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Yea after comparing the Guidi's to CDiem's, it seemed as though they are of very similar quality. Would love to see the article on them, as I still don't know much about the company.

Those elephant boots are cool, but walking in a different way, that's a little weird....haha. I'd also love to see him redo the wrap around boots and hockeye's as well. Hopefully this Fall will bring some new color/s into the footwear.

[/quote]

Ditto to that. Some new styles/colors would be really quite something. He evolves his designs in such beautiful and elegant ways each season and experiments with different treatments/dying processes that it's always the same, but just different enough. Such a killer designer.

Agreed on the elephant boots too... I think the idea is that they're only sort of attached to your foot by the elastic band on the top so the boot slightly comes off of your foot when you lift up so it's sort of a "clomp clomp clomp" type of walking. No running in those bad boys. Cool idea, but eh... they'd look weird with pants tucked into them and without pants tucked in just look like his standard boot. The wraparounds on the other hand....

Goddamn gorgeous.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                    • Sep 2006

I have the wraparounds in the same color as in the picture, i must said it's the most precious object in my closet and my favorite shoes ever, in fact it'll be great to start a thread about our most precious clothing objects...[:)]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

I am absolutely envious gutpocho [:)]

If you get a chance, I'd love to see photos!

Good idea for a thread as well!

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

Faust, did you make it to the SI sale? I was on my way but got caught in the storm and had to take refuge in a truly wretched cafe on Spring St., [:'(] where I promptly spilled my glass of wine all over a male model. [:P]

Comment

• ionn26
                          • Feb 2007

You go girl, Laika... whats wrong with that.. you can start wiping off the wine.. and say.. what a pair of nice pecs you have [;)] I digress...

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Faust, did you make it to the SI sale? I was on my way but got caught in the storm and had to take refuge in a truly wretched cafe on Spring St., [:'(] where I promptly spilled my glass of wine all over a male model. [:P]

[/quote]

Hahaha, nice!

I made it (walked in one second before the storm let loose) - the menswear section was picked clinically clean. It was amazing. There were still some absolutely awesome womenswear pieces - everything was additional 70% off, it was ridiculous. I was pretty pissed to see some guys walking out with 6 big bags each right in front of me. They couldn't even carry them, they had to get a cab. Oh, well - no biggie.

P.S. I'm getting the Junya coat today - x-ing my fingers!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

I didnt get to go, was stuck in brooklyn because of the weather, which was good, my real estate agent called me to look at a House she thought fit my needs. I went, liked it alot, and I'm submitting an Offer before weekend.......I'd take the House over clothes anyday.

Keep your fingers crossed for me..........all things being well , I will post pictures in this Recent purchases forum!

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

zamb, good luck on the bid! hope you get it.
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎