• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="zamb"]

I didnt get to go, was stuck in brooklyn because of the weather, which was good, my real estate agent called me to look at a House she thought fit my needs. I went, liked it alot, and I'm submitting an Offer before weekend.......I'd take the House over clothes anyday.

Keep your fingers crossed for me..........all things being well , I will post pictures in this Recent purchases forum!

[/quote]

Good luck! Where in BK?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Awesome Zamb! A house purchase is much cooler than clothes anyday. Hope it all goes well.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="zamb"]

I didnt get to go, was stuck in brooklyn because of the weather, which was good, my real estate agent called me to look at a House she thought fit my needs. I went, liked it alot, and I'm submitting an Offer before weekend.......I'd take the House over clothes anyday.

Keep your fingers crossed for me..........all things being well , I will post pictures in this Recent purchases forum!

[/quote]

Good luck! Where in BK?

[/quote]

Thanks Casius,

Yea Faust, it is not as Fancy as your Area, its a place called Spring Creek, just outside of Canarsie. Its cool because it is a New Construction, and you can see that it wasnt created by a Greedy Realtor. the rooms are quite big.(based on some other Crap ive seen in the last few weeks)

Also it has this amazing Basement, which is Just a Big Open Space with smooth Walls and Concrete flooring. Im Just Salivating!!!!!!!! because i can already see my Atelier in this basement.

Say a prayer for me SZers.

If all goes well this studio would mean more space and ultimately menswear (albeit in limited production)...........

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ Man, I live in Midwood - nothing fancy about that for sure. Canarsie has some nice areas, along with some not so nice ones. Commute to the city will such though... In any case, best of luck! Real Estate in New York is the worst - I think I will rent my place forever.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"]/\ Man, I live in Midwood - nothing fancy about that for sure. Canarsie has some nice areas, along with some not so nice ones. Commute to the city will such though... In any case, best of luck! Real Estate in New York is the worst - I think I will rent my place forever.
            [/quote]

well, I was reluctant to even look at the house because i thought the commute would be terrible, but the A-train is walkind distance (10minutes.....good exercise) and I take the A everymorning to go to my Dayjob at the brooklyn navy yard, so that would be Good...........

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• kucejoe
              • Sep 2006

I got these Carol Christian Poell pants recently.

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• kompressorkev
                • Dec 2006

^ nicee!!! what's the texture like?

Comment

• deuxmille
                  • Nov 2006

/\
                  They're 100% ramie.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

A few more pieces with photos to come (in about a week when my dad comes to Berlin):

- CCP black overlock pants

- CCP black classic pants

- CCP overlock blue jeans

Those Ramie CCP pants look great! Were they from you Deuxmille?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• deuxmille
                      • Nov 2006

I'm jealous Chinorlz!! The pants were from me, yes.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

Great purchases Albert, that's a nice haul!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Slowly building up my little collection hehe.

I am embracing the CCP aesthetic more and more along with aspects of the CDiem aesthetic (along with other brands like them). It's so sharp and timeless and befits any man from 18-70 as long as they're in good shape. I find the pieces more worthwhile in terms of purchasing (although I got all the above at well-below-retail-prices as I'm sure many of us on here get the majority of their CCP) than say Dior Homme which I was infatuated with seasons ago. CCP pieces will stand the test of time whereas Luster, Strip etc. are great and beautiful... will not.

With good care and storage/cleaning, I know my CCP/CDiem/Other pieces will last a very long time.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Slowly building up my little collection hehe.

I am embracing the CCP aesthetic more and more along with aspects of the CDiem aesthetic (along with other brands like them). It's so sharp and timeless and befits any man from 18-70 as long as they're in good shape. I find the pieces more worthwhile in terms of purchasing (although I got all the above at well-below-retail-prices as I'm sure many of us on here get the majority of their CCP) than say Dior Homme which I was infatuated with seasons ago. CCP pieces will stand the test of time whereas Luster, Strip etc. are great and beautiful... will not.

With good care and storage/cleaning, I know my CCP/CDiem/Other pieces will last a very long time.

[/quote]

Ha, you pretty much just explained why I love his pieces so much. Although he does some things I think are over the top, I could where his trousers, shirts, and shoes every day! (wish I could afford the leather jacket![:'(])
                            It's definitely why I don't mind spending the money on his clothing, it will last me forever.

Comment

• explicit
                              • Jan 2007

Speaking of CCP, I just ordered the black oxfords from A today (the same ones Casius got). I can't wait for them to arrive.

And, in related news, I finally uploaded some pics of the leather/paper belt I got a few weeks ago. Here goes:

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Wow, those pictures make the belt look so much better! On A's website it looks really thick, but your photos make it look perfect, thanks for sharing explicit. And also, congrats on the shoes, I'm sure you'll love them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎