Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loot
    • Aug 2010

i feel the same as Christian and generally hate anything with epaulets.

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post
      You guys can't be serious...
      This Lavin jacket is a huge piece of overdesigned n'importe quoi.
      Even a Russian nouveau riche wouldn't feel confortable wearing it.
      The zippers+the detachable sleeves+the belt+the shoulders+the contrasting collar+ the sleeves zippers+the pockets (of different shapes of course), etc.
      you don't understand anything to the sophistication of Lanvin's menswear... i'm not at all surprised at your current obsession with Diesel .
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• darkbydesign
        • Sep 2010

Lanvin clothing is tailored well and classic. Comparing to Diesel is silly.

Recent purchases this weekend include:

1. A used sz1 Julius draped jacket
        2. Some CDG scents to mix. Try Incense Series Jailsamer and Series 8 Lime mixed. Yummm!!
        3. A Number Nice Runway chest plated button up.

Comment

• BSR
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
          Lanvin clothing is tailored well and classic. Comparing to Diesel is silly.
          what i said, dark...
          obsessed as he is by Diesel, Christian does not perceive the beauty of Lanvin
          pix

Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• darkbydesign
            • Sep 2010

So much of the "classic" fitting houses get disrespect these days.

Before the likes of edgy Japanese designers, these were the places putting out an occasional pioneering look. Without McQueen, Lanvin, Prorsum, Balenciaga, Miu Miu, and Givenchy runway pieces, I wouldn't have anything to wear that is remotely formal or well tailored for a black tie sorta event or for the formal meets Madmax look I enjoy sporting so much!

Comment

• jogu
              • Jun 2009

i love lanvin , like alot , but that jacket i dont like . even when i saw it in runway pix a year ago i was like nahhhhhh . it looks over designed imo , but then again i dislike leather clothes in general .

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Lanvin for example has gotten a fair amount of love here as the mens collections have managed to stay both true to the brand's image, but also manage to be somewhat innovative and edgy.

others have gotten credit where due as well.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• hurricane08
                  • Nov 2008

Before the likes of edgy Japanese designers, these were the places putting out an occasional pioneering look. Without McQueen, Lanvin, Dior, Balenciaga, Jil Sander, Givenchy runway pieces,MMM I wouldn't have anything to wear that is remotely formal or well tailored for a black tie sorta event or for the formal meets Madmax look I enjoy sporting so much!
                  agreed to my own taste after editing ... As for the leather jacket the fit is perfect ,but not feeling the pockets and the belt as well.It's not the leather jacket that i'd expect to see from lanvin,would be better without the epaulets,zippers,belt and chest pockets.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Before the likes of edgy Japanese designers, these were the places putting out an occasional pioneering look. Without McQueen, Lanvin, Prorsum, Balenciaga, Miu Miu, and Givenchy runway pieces, I wouldn't have anything to wear that is remotely formal or well tailored for a black tie sorta event or for the formal meets Madmax look I enjoy sporting so much!
                    You clearly haven't spent enough time here
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Balenciaga=not classic at all; slim fit and futuristic + some oversized pieces
                      Prorsum=Burberry's edgy line, once again not very classical.
                      Lanvin= all about feminine shapes and raw hems
                      and so on and so forth

These aren't classic cuts or styles, they're fashion as much as anyone else and what's more, most of these lines are relatively new (menswear) not powerhouses with impressive back catalogues.

Let's judge them like we judge other fashion designers, they aren't luxury/classic menswear like Charvet.

For the record I wear some Lanvin, YSL, Balenciaga and even Dior Homme. Def fashion pieces...
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

been waiting for this for a long time......

CCP Black Horse leather....even better in the flesh

you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                          • Oct 2009

Congrats again, its a real beauty and seems to have been well worth the wait and pain. :-)
                          "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• seenmy
                            • May 2009

will only get better with wear to

Comment

• BSR
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                              CCP Black Horse leather....even better in the flesh
                              great, D.!
                              even better when worn... fit pics!
                              pix

Comment

• eton97
                                • Dec 2008

and thanks for all the help guys.....all your inputs helped in the final decision.
                                I froze my butt off just so i could wear it on the weekend
                                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎