Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Who Makes What for Whom

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
    Hmm Lanvin is not made by Canali but Ma.Co.

Thom Browne (new makers):
    Gitman Brothers, an IAG/Spencer Hays Brand: shirts.
    Oxxford: suits
    Brown & Church a division of IAG: ties

I think Trickers still does the shoes.
    Canali used to make suits for Lanvin until Ma.Co took over (I don't know exactly when is it though). And if I remember it correctly the highest line is made by Belvest.

Is Oxxford making suits for Thom Browne now?
    If that's the case I can imagine that the quality would be unbelievably high then....
    ________
    Honda VF700S
    Last edited by tjoek; 01-19-2011 at 03:42 AM.

olmar and mirta do maurizio pecoraro's stuff as well. I heard they were approached by alessandro dell'acqua's people but turned them down as they couldnt handle the extra workload.

Quote Originally Posted by tjoek View Post
    Canali used to make suits for Lanvin until Ma.Co took over (I don't know exactly when is it though). And if I remember it correctly the highest line is made by Belvest.
    Is Oxxford making suits for Thom Browne now?
    If that's the case I can imagine that the quality would be unbelievably high then....
    Lanvin has more than one line, I'm talking about the men's runway not the more convervatives lines. I've never heard of Belvest having anything to do with him and looking at the tags they're clearly Ma.Co. The Faubourg line did use Canali though, at least for their outterwear.

Thom Browne switched to Oxxford, his old suitmaker was Gambert shirt company. To be honest his stuff is amazingly well made and I don't see much room for improvement that would matter to anyone, and that's considering I can usually spot handwork and canvassing techniques.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Thom Browne switched to Oxxford, his old suitmaker was Gambert shirt company. To be honest his stuff is amazingly well made and I don't see much room for improvement that would matter to anyone, and that's considering I can usually spot handwork and canvassing techniques.

I believe the switch over had more to do with scale rather than improving production. I was under the impression TB is trying to grow their operation...as such, they needed to move to a production company that can deliver both high quality product and larger quantities than it was producing before. I am sure they will still use Gambert for custom and MTM stuff.

Also, I noticed TB knits are now made in Italy (rather than Scotland)...I am sure this is just another sign of moved production for scalability.

I believe Ma. Co also makes for RLBL, I'll check confirm later.

I believe Ma. Co also makes for RLBL, I'll check confirm later.
    Depends on where it is made. RLBL Made in Italy is Corneliani.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    Depends on where it is made. RLBL Made in Italy is Corneliani.
    Black label not blue label.

Probably needs clarification.
    Both are correct =)

RL Black Label is by Ma.Co, and RL Blue Label by Corneliani.
    ________
    Aprilia ETV1000
    Last edited by tjoek; 01-19-2011 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tjoek View Post
    Probably needs clarification.
    Both are correct =)

RL Black Label is by Ma.Co, and RL Blue Label by Corneliani.
    Yeah that's what I meant to say in my last post, RLBL was meant to reference black label.

I've heard that for brands like Calvin Klein and Armani, Armani himself doesn't do the designing. He gets people to do it and he endorses the design with signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by boysdontcryy View Post
    I've heard that for brands like Calvin Klein and Armani, Armani himself doesn't do the designing. He gets people to do it and he endorses the design with signatures.
    is this TRUE? i'm never buying armani again! please tell me that calvin klein at least makes his own cologne because that's my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA*NYC View Post
    is this TRUE? i'm never buying armani again! please tell me that calvin klein at least makes his own cologne because that's my favorite.

Nah, that must be evil rumours.. No need to do such a drastic thing as not buying any more Armani underwear! Relax man, boysdontcryy is only trying to make you freak out.. Giorgio still sews everything by hand at his mothers kitchen table in Toscana. Bless him.

Even though he no longer personally designs the more expensive lines with his name, I know FOR A FACT that each and every piece created under Ralph Lauren Rugby is scrutinized and lovingly constructed by Mr. Lauren himself still.

That's why that's the only RL line I still buy. Purple label, black label... who cares. Don't be a fool, only buy Rugby.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Quote Originally Posted by Chinorlz View Post
    Even though he no longer personally designs the more expensive lines with his name, I know FOR A FACT that each and every piece created under Ralph Lauren Rugby is scrutinized and lovingly constructed by Mr. Lauren himself still.

That's why that's the only RL line I still buy. Purple label, black label... who cares. Don't be a fool, only buy Rugby.

It's odd, but the rugby stuff (not the overly styled & embroidered stuff) is okay. They even had wool herringbone trousers made in italy (a few season back).

some of the rugby peacoats are pretty nice.

Venice Beach, NYC, Las Vegas (unfortunately)

Alexandre Plokhov - from Cloak, now designs for Versace. You can see it right away in some of the Versace suits from this (last?) season.

Quote Originally Posted by image View Post
    Alexandre Plokhov - from Cloak, now designs for Versace. You can see it right away in some of the Versace suits from this (last?) season.
    No shit?!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by image View Post
    Wrong thread, wrong audience.

Venice Beach, NYC, Las Vegas (unfortunately)

Wrong thread, wrong audience.
    Really? This isn't a Cloak audience?