Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 203

Thread: Who Makes What for Whom

  1. #101

    Default

    I thought Ann and Haider shared factories, based on the similarities in construction and packaging.

  2. #102
    kitsch killer Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long hard road out of hell
    Posts
    37,847

    Default

    Well, yea, the same the company.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

    StyleZeitgeist Magazine

  3. #103

    Default

    Thanks.

    I was always curious.

  4. #104

    Default

    I know it was discussed briefly earlier in the thread, but has it been settled if it is in fact Premiata which manufactures CCP footwear? I always thought this was the case.

    Also, bit of a long shot, but from my experience with Juun J pieces they have all been made in Korea. Would it be outlandish to assume that they are produced in-house? Or are they just outsourced to another manufacturer in Korea? I am guessing that Juun J produces rather small quantities so it seems plausible it could be done in-house by his team.

    Any input is appreciated.

  5. #105

    Default

    i once called them and asked if they have any overstock on this one particular piece because all the retailers around me were dry, and they offered to make one in house. idk if they produce everything in house but it was certainly possible back in 2008.

  6. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yoh05 View Post
    i once called them and asked if they have any overstock on this one particular piece because all the retailers around me were dry, and they offered to make one in house. idk if they produce everything in house but it was certainly possible back in 2008.
    Thanks for this.

    It does seem that they produce most of the collection in-house, or at least as you say, they did at one point in time.

  7. #107

    Default

    Yesterday I received an order from YOOX that included a blazer from Comme des Garcons' SHIRT label. Was very surprised to see on the tag that it was made in China. All other CdG pieces I own were produced in Japan or France.

  8. #108
    kitsch killer Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long hard road out of hell
    Posts
    37,847

    Default

    Zeitgeist, can't get away from it. They also make tshirts in Turkey (or used to).
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

    StyleZeitgeist Magazine

  9. #109

    Default

    I have the impression Versace Mainline and some older Gucci by TF things were made in the same factory as Ann's older Made in Italy pieces. (They have the same Made in Italy and size labels)
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

  10. #110

    Default

    SHIRT is pretty clearly a pretty low end diffusion line ;p I've never found it that surprising. I assuredly have a turkey-made t-shirt from them. Was on clearance, fits well and is nicer than most mall brands. Can't complain :)

  11. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underdog View Post
    Yesterday I received an order from YOOX that included a blazer from Comme des Garcons' SHIRT label. Was very surprised to see on the tag that it was made in China. All other CdG pieces I own were produced in Japan or France.
    Interesting. I was always under the impression that the Shirt line was made in France, and the main line in Japan.

    That being said, how is the quality?
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

  12. #112

    Default

    Agreed = SHIRT line made in France. (I also have a Dover Street Market button down shirt that was made in France and for all intent and purpose has the quality and cut of a SHIRT shirt). The quality seems on par - its an object dyed polyester blazer.

    And I don't mean to imply that simply because something is made in China that the quality is terrible. I have a +J button down that has a very high stitch count and seems very well constructed. CdG just seemed like a brand that would have more of a hard line sticking with traditional producers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Interesting. I was always under the impression that the Shirt line was made in France, and the main line in Japan.

    That being said, how is the quality?

  13. #113

    Default

    I still see lots of midlevel lines (like SHIRT) producing tees, knits etc in europe (italy, portugal..). However complex garments like jackets are made in china.

  14. #114

    Default

    I definitely have some SHIRT stuff that's made in France... China might be a recent development.
    Suede is too Gucci.

  15. #115

    Default

    I want to ask one thing that why do all the top class Fashion Houses belong to Italy and France ?
    What can be the reason of this ? Are they the real pioneer of the fashion ?

  16. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
    I want to ask one thing that why do all the top class Fashion Houses belong to Italy and France ?
    What can be the reason of this ? Are they the real pioneer of the fashion ?
    yeah, same for pizza and cheese
    pix

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

  17. #117

    Default

    ben :)

    .

  18. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spacecase View Post
    I know it was discussed briefly earlier in the thread, but has it been settled if it is in fact Premiata which manufactures CCP footwear? I always thought this was the case.

    Also, bit of a long shot, but from my experience with Juun J pieces they have all been made in Korea. Would it be outlandish to assume that they are produced in-house? Or are they just outsourced to another manufacturer in Korea? I am guessing that Juun J produces rather small quantities so it seems plausible it could be done in-house by his team.

    Any input is appreciated.
    At the moment as far as I know most of what Juun J produces is outsourced (not made in house); Im not a 100% regarding trousers but when it comes to knitwear, shoes, t shirts, accessories etc. they are all produced ells were.

    All coats and blazer/jackets are however to my knowledge still produced in house with the man himself taking an active part in making shore the quality is up to par.

  19. #119

    Default

    there is some clarification that needs to be given regarding in house production.
    when something is said to be produced in house, it does not necessarily mean that the designer/ design company does not contract the work to a factory.

    In house can also mean that there is no licencee agreement involved in the making of the products. even though a factory is hired to make the goods, they are made to the designers exacting specifications.

    there are very few designers who owns their production facilities, and most designers do not want ot do it because it requires another kind of skill set that most people do not have the patience for.................
    You know, he says, with a resilient smile, it is a hard world for poets.
    .................................................. .......................


    Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

  20. #120

    Default

    In the past daysThere has been a huge earthquake where olmar & mirta is located,here in Italy,does anybody know if it's still operating??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •