Thread: What are you wearing today?

I like it, Alan. Though I can't help but imagine a woman in this. But if that's what you were going for, well done :-)

Why don't you like mixing Yohji and Ann, Trigger? I think A LOT of it can be mixed very well. To my mind there is certainly plenty of overlap - lots of tailoring, "colors", a romantic vibe, etc.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I like it, Alan. Though I can't help but imagine a woman in this. But if that's what you were going for, well done :-)

Why don't you like mixing Yohji and Ann, Trigger? I think A LOT of it can be mixed very well. To my mind there is certainly plenty of overlap - lots of tailoring, "colors", a romantic vibe, etc.
    this is a difficult question to answer and as someone who has spent a good amount of time with YY gamrents, its just a disservice seeing hakamas with an ann D shirt, its just like a side amalgamation similar to when you mix ma+ with the rest to make "goth ninja". fedoras aside, sure you could theoretically make good fits with ann and yohji mixed, but in this particular instance i don't think that the garments are actually taken into consideration. for me wearing hakamas like that its just in a really flamboyant taste that i can not agree with.

its also important to note that I tend to be a purist and dont personally subscribe to the idea of personal style so I dont tend to mix anything if I can thus something like this will give me a not so good response, fedoras aside.

p.s. and by personal style I mean mixing brands.
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Faust, I don't really think much about men's vs. women's wear. I just wear, politely ignoring the conventions of fashion :)

This time, something less androgynous: the infamous and underloved Ann+Yohji mix. Again, wasn't aiming for anything. I only aim when I pee ;)

Ann + Ann + Yohji + Yohji:

My girlfriend convinced me to post this outfit. Also, this outfit is for you zamb trying out the colour thing during these hot Canadian days, i look forward to seeing you zamb and nohsad on Sunday!

Vintage Christian Dior washed silk shirt
    CCP COL 19 Dead Ends
    Bundeswehr Gats
    Werkstatt Necklace and hook bangle
    Rings and cuff all by me
    We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

@negroygris

I was surprised by myself that i liked your outfit, its so simple.
    Also probably first fit i have ever seen that i think GAT's are the best option for footwear since i never quite understood what was so great about them in the past.

nvnli Thank you for your kind words, I also had the same thought when i wore this outfit. I think whats great about Bundeswehr gats is the fact that they are super comfortable, to the point i might have to get myself a Margiela pair, but again, these are just perfect. They also look good with more artisanal clothes, i wore them with both the military grade socks and the perpathetic four pocket shorts from Zam B's S/S 18 https://shop.zambarrett.com/collecti...lackcollection and a black BBS tee for like a week.

I recommended trying them out if you are into being comfortable for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by nvsnli View Post
    @negroygris

I was surprised by myself that i liked your outfit, its so simple.
    Also probably first fit i have ever seen that i think GAT's are the best option for footwear since i never quite understood what was so great about them in the past.
    We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

derpy prada.
    hi again ! need to catch up on here its been a while.

Hoping more members come out of the woodwork with the colder weather...

Two very formulaic fits from me: both are soloist hat and shirt, n(n) jacket and pants (all from FW09 A Closed Feeling), zam barrett belt. Boots are soloist in the first, visvim in the second.

Same phone-hiding pose as well, ha.

Detail of second jacket

rick / jan-jan van essche / m.a+
    Last edited by wahnfrieden; 11-03-2018 at 08:53 PM.

misbhv
    bbs
    alyx
    ro
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Had to be done. With Sergey_Seven. Lots of BBS between the two, none coordinated beforehand.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

BBS game strong!

Looking good, weather getting nice!
    Just too busy and overworked to post anything. lets see what happens.........
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Not the most sophisticated fit but I just never remember to photograph what I'm wearing. These pants aren't special they're just from the high street, a friend gave them to me because I mentioned I'd been thinking about getting flares and they didn't fit her. They're not as flared as I was thinking (Gareth Pugh monster-style flares) but they fit me like a glove and pants are hard for me.

Unfortunately I really like them and I'd be keen to try a wider flare but the Pugh ones have a front fly and I'm allergic to front flies. These ones I'm wearing have a back zip which is my jam. So if anyone knows of some great monster flares with a back zip hit a sister up.
    some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Finally got a mirror at home.

All Rick except for the Decorhardcore cap (says "EMOTIONAL" on it) and the turtleneck.
    Visible jewelry: P4 + W:M
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Temperature has dropped below 0° C, which means down jacket out and socks on and out we go.

First time posting. Please be gentle...

-Gaspard Hex Pendant

-DIY Fur

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post
    Finally got a mirror at home.

All Rick except for the Decorhardcore cap (says "EMOTIONAL" on it) and the turtleneck.
    Visible jewelry: P4 + W:M
    NICE.

Nice kitty, too.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

mykita + haider ackermann

Hat: Sruli Recht - A Jester's Crown (wool/beaver + reindeer)
    Glasses: Rigards RG0092 in marbled horn (water buffalo)
    Coat: Blackbird - Director's Long Jacket (wool/ramie)
    Shirt: Cloak SS06 rose print (cotton)
    Trousers: Ansnam 'teleng' (wool/hemp)
    Shoes: Kazuyuki Kumagai Attachment Guidi 'Fiore' wholecuts
    Bag 1: M.A+ cargo/embryo (cow?)
    Bag 2: _Coded 'Carnal' Sidearm (Guidi culatta)

Photos by the guy who made my pouch
    Last edited by Lohikaarme; 12-07-2018 at 01:30 PM.