X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djrajio
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you wearing today?

Wow! This looks great! Where do you live where you can get away with the drapery? I live in Tokyo and even here I have a hard time sometimes...

Comment

• nambla
      • Sep 2006

I don&#39;t think i understand what you mean. U mean drapery among guys is not popular in tokyo?</p>

i live in a not too big city in Sweden and i really don&#39;t give a f*ck what people think ;D</p>

Tokyo is my dream city to visit sometime. You always dress hot</p>

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

nice nambla. care to make a post about macabre?

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;dontbecruel&quot;]

A tribute to my grandfather, who was golf mad and a style icon (to those that knew him). From from the ground up...</p>

Brown leather loafers with black rubber toes - Y&#39;s
          Black plus fours - Ute Ploier
          White thermal undershirt - Muji
          Grey heavy knit cardigan cut like a blazer - Y&#39;s

</p>

[/quote]</p>

I would love to see this, dontbecruel. I love old man chic (or grandfather-chic, if you prefer). The Yohji shoes and cardigan sound so good!
          </p>

coldrice--you are really reinforcing my belief that the jacket makes the man. Nice! I like how it looks a little shrunken.
          </p>

and nambla--perfectly androgynous. i also think that this is hard to pull off, but you look perfect. </p>

Me today: (took a break and went to Jeffrey, almost died of boredom, lol)</p>

Black babydoll dress with lots of pleated detailing--Vanessa Bruno</p>

Purple tights and usual chloe wedges</p>

Quilted black jacket with a stand-up collar and a ruffled (kind of reptilian) detail--Vintage. It&#39;s by a japanese designer i&#39;ve never heard of. </p>

</p>

</p>
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

Quilted
            black jacket with a stand-up collar and a ruffled (kind of reptilian)
            detail--Vintage. It&#39;s by a japanese designer i&#39;ve never heard of.
            </p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

That store
            sucks. I am not surprised you were bored. At least they
            weren&#39;t, having such a stylish woman grace them with her
            presence. Is your jacket Matsuda by any chance?

</p>
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

</p>

</p>

Another freakishly warm day so keeping it simple with ultra light fabrics. Cloak shirt and pants, Helmut Lang belt, Miu Miu ankle boots (too bad you can&#39;t see them, they&#39;re my favorite!).
              </p>
              music

Comment

• nambla
                • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;xcoldricex&quot;]nice nambla. care to make a post about macabre?
                [/quote]</p>

</p>

Thanks. I make clothes by that name. www.macabre.se</p>

nothing too serious... Currently attending school to learn more about experience, sewing and pattern making. That&#39;s why some of the clothes are so-so.</p>

As said. Nothing serious.</p>

</p>

Comment

• nambla
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;xcoldricex&quot;]nice nambla. care to make a post about macabre?
                  [/quote]</p>

</p>

Thanks. I make clothes by that name. www.macabre.se</p>

nothing too serious... Currently attending school to learn more about experience, sewing and pattern making. That&#39;s why some of the clothes are so-so.</p>

As said. Nothing serious.</p>

</p>

Comment

• sbw4224
                    • Sep 2006

Everything looks great so far, nambla. I wish I had half your
                    talent! Let me know if items are actually available to
                    purchase. </p>

</p>

casem83,
                    great clean look. This is the first time I&#39;ve seen Cloak pants
                    being worn on an actual person. Looks good. </p>

Comment

• dontbecruel
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

Quilted black jacket with a stand-up collar and a ruffled (kind of reptilian) detail--Vintage. It&#39;s by a japanese designer i&#39;ve never heard of. </p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

The dress sounds lovely. You like a lot of the same things as my girlfriend, I think. She&#39;s also keen on Vanessa Bruno and Vernonique Branquinho. I was thinking about old man chic. Do you know anything about the English designer Margaret Howell? She does beautiful women&#39;s clothes that I thought you might like, lots of reinterpretation of 40s shapes and traditional yarns and things, but also sexy in a librarian chic sort of way. Her styling is quite non-descript, so you might not get drawn in by shots of her catwalk shows, but the individual items are beautiful, both in fabric and in cut. Not sure whether you can buy them in the states but there&#39;s an amazing-looking tweed pencil skirt up on ebay at the moment.
                      </p>

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;dontbecruel&quot;][quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

The dress sounds lovely. You like a lot of the same things as my girlfriend, I think. She&#39;s also keen on Vanessa Bruno and Vernonique Branquinho. I was thinking about old man chic. Do you know anything about the English designer Margaret Howell? She does beautiful women&#39;s clothes that I thought you might like, lots of reinterpretation of 40s shapes and traditional yarns and things, but also sexy in a librarian chic sort of way. Her styling is quite non-descript, so you might not get drawn in by shots of her catwalk shows, but the individual items are beautiful, both in fabric and in cut. Not sure whether you can buy them in the states but there&#39;s an amazing-looking tweed pencil skirt up on ebay at the moment.
                        </p>

[/quote]</p>

I wanted to check out her store on Fulham Road, but you Brits have this crazy idea that one should not work on Sundays!!! [:D]</p>

Today;</p>

Black leather jacket with shoulder detail - Costume National</p>

Dark grey cotton turtleneck - Poell</p>

Black cotton pants with drawstrings in place of a belt - Raf Simons</p>

Black zippered boots - Ann Demeulemeester</p>

I&#39;ll try to take pix tonight!</p>
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                          • Sep 2006

Just like we &#39;ve been saying about a lot of designers who work by injecting a new twist into traditional things, Margaret Howell menswear is really disappointing compared to the women&#39;s stuff. Especially at the prices she charges! It really does look like Gap. So you didnt miss much.</p>

How are those drawstring Raf trousers from Yoox working out? They style everything on that site as though it was deisgned by Dolce in the mid nineties so they were hard to figure out. But I guessed they would probably be nice in the flesh.

I&#39;m going to the library today, dressed like a twisted-up version of Charlton Heston in Touch of Evil...
                          Mexican-style white rayon shirt from Comme, worn half open over a black t-shirt.
                          Grey fleck trousers from Raf, like traditional slacks, but in place of the crease down the front, they have a flap across them that sticks out like a crease.
                          Yohji brothel creepers with black ponyskin on the front.

</p>

</p>

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

Thanks dontbecruel. I like both the VB&#39;s a lot, although the selection here is usually pretty poor. Branquinho has been rather disappointing lately, but there are some lovely Vanessa Bruno things on NAP right now. I actually like Margaret Howell a lot--her trousers and shirts look incredibly well-tailored. Not available here though. [8o|] I&#39;ll be watching that pencil skirt now....thanks for the heads up! I actually do the &quot;sexy librarian&quot; look a lot when i teach, lol. And old man chic....i just love it. I&#39;m going to have to start toting my camera around for examples.</p>

Faust--Jeffrey is just miserable! I think I might officially hate that store...the male staff did like like my shoes though. [:P] The jacket isn&#39;t Matsuda--i lost the label ages ago. I think it was something like Miyazaki (something with a y and a z, anyway)
                            </p>

Here&#39;s a pic of the dress from yesterday...I wore a mesh tank under it, naturally.</p>

</p>
                            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;dontbecruel&quot;]

Just like we &#39;ve been saying about a lot of designers who work by injecting a new twist into traditional things, Margaret Howell menswear is really disappointing compared to the women&#39;s stuff. Especially at the prices she charges! It really does look like Gap. So you didnt miss much.</p>

How are those drawstring Raf trousers from Yoox working out? They style everything on that site as though it was deisgned by Dolce in the mid nineties so they were hard to figure out. But I guessed they would probably be nice in the flesh.

I&#39;m going to the library today, dressed like a twisted-up version of Charlton Heston in Touch of Evil...
                              Mexican-style white rayon shirt from Comme, worn half open over a black t-shirt.
                              Grey fleck trousers from Raf, like traditional slacks, but in place of the crease down the front, they have a flap across them that sticks out like a crease.
                              Yohji brothel creepers with black ponyskin on the front.

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Library for books or for clothes? You have to specify on this forum! [:D] I figured it&#39;s for books, since you did not capitalize the word, but I don&#39;t capitalize often when I write informally.</p>

Raf pants are perfect, as all of his pants are (except the showman oversized ones, of course). I&#39;d love to see your Raf pants. The way Yoox styles everything that way is that they operate out of Milan, and if you have ever been to Milan, you won&#39;t be surprised at their styling.</p>

Laika, my turn to ask, what do you study/teach? You are intriguing!
                              </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;Faust&quot;]

Library for books or for clothes?
                                </p>

[/quote]</p>

Books. I don&#39;t think they&#39;d let me into the Library in South Kensington in the 50s spiv outfit I&#39;m wearing today. You need to show an iron cross or skull at the door to get into that place.
                                </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎