• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
    lowrey: No. A-shape = the overall silhouette achieved when a garment is cut wider at the bottom than the top. In this case, the hemline of the coat is cut fuller, creating an A-line. Her stance only exaggerates it.
    4000+ posts and you haven't a clue? Hard to imagine.

But moreover, coming at a new member with only the things you dislike about her look, while adding absolutely nothing redeeming, is essentially offering an insult. Not to mention we have so few female members willing to post here as it is. Nice way to make someone feel welcome, lowrey. Way to go...
    I questioned the A-shape comment because to me it looks like this silhouette is coming solely from the pose and the fact that the coat is pushed to the sides. I couldn't really tell what the cut is like.

I was being honest by saying that the outfit looks somewhat awkward to me, trying to pinpoint what was off in my view and he seemed to agree about the sleeves. I also said that I find a polka dot button up kind of old lady-ish. the shirt, not him. I don't find that particularly offensive, he seemed to take the comments just fine so hopefully you can live with it too.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Alesha
      • Apr 2009

leaving it up to g, who's eschewing ego for the amusement of all you bastards.

you just won back the respect no outfit ever could.

gone, you're a bigger man than I am.

you're awesome. i suck.

case closed.

Also we brand you misandric (how to put this term right btw?) feminist! You only stick up for junior female members! You look great doing it though! So do not stop! The misogynists of sz need equal oponents!
      Originally posted by interest1
      I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• croatoan
        • Jul 2007

I posted a picture of this outfit a while back as a crappy timer shot, but now something better exists.

Comment

• love marimekko... sorry for going off topic, but their pattern bottna and tsunami are my two favourite patterns ever!!!

love the hat and the sharp graphic shape of the zipper and how it splits.

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

heirloom, you are a renaissance man...

Comment

• thank you! you're really kind, but what exactly do you mean with reneissance man? do i master diverse disciplines?

i'm sincerely touched by all you peoples responses. it has helped me through a rough week to read this.

Comment

• rider
                eyes of the world
                • Jun 2009

nothing deep or too intense... i just get a sense of medieval acuity from you.

Comment

• Originally posted by rider View Post
                  nothing deep or too intense... i just get a sense of medieval acuity from you.
                  damn. i was hoping you saw my genius.

edit: looked up the word acuity, and realised you saw my genius. XD

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
                    Also we brand you misandric (how to put this term right btw?) feminist! You only stick up for junior female members! You look great doing it though! So do not stop! The misogynists of sz need equal oponents!
                    Alesha, are you a moron?

Am I a misandric...? Nope. There's a difference between hating all men and hating just the ignorant ones.

"'We' brand you a misandric"... Who's 'we'? You may've just insulted the collective intelligence of the entire forum with that gem. No one's branding anyone here. Put your poker away.

The rest: As much as I love a good compliment, Alesha, there's just something about the ones tinged with that unmistakable generations-old Eastern European/Russian machismo that I find really yucky. Must be the Croat in me, yawning to that same old familiar song.

Yeah, I know you meant to be incendiary and funny and all, but this is just old hat more than anything else. Old ushanka hat.

sain't

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by merz
                      ^ i think comrade was making a joke, btw.. kind of a ham fisted response, given that mine consisted of spraying just-purchased coffee in a fine mist from my nostrils (partly onto mr. laurini handiwork..)
                      Merz,
                      seems you have mastered the art of spewing coffee from your nostrils...........

Fun read everyone, thanks
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by merz
                        ^ i think comrade was making a joke, btw.. kind of a ham fisted response, given that mine consisted of spraying just-purchased coffee in a fine mist from my nostrils (partly onto mr. laurini handiwork..)
                        Truly mastered in the art of rhino-atomization... I hope your LUC was irregularly dyed in the first place!
                        Originally posted by philip nod
                        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• sargon97
                          • Jan 2009

Comment

• MoFiya
                            • Sep 2007

For me the outfit would work out much better without the beanie and a different bag (although Heirloom likes it ).
                            Those pieces somehow break the otherwise simple and elegant line (with the blazer and all).

Other than that, the outfit reminds me again why I have been searching this zipper (it's SS09 isn't it?) for ages. Excellent colour and length. Bummed I didn't buy it at retail when it was still available :-\

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                            I posted a picture of this outfit a while back as a crappy timer shot, but now something better exists.
                            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• croatoan
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                              For me the outfit would work out much better without the beanie and a different bag (although Heirloom likes it ).
                              Those pieces somehow break the otherwise simple and elegant line (with the blazer and all).
                              My head would have also been much colder.

Comment

• Alesha
                                • Apr 2009

Alesha, are you a moron?

Am I a misandric...? Nope. There's a difference between hating all men and hating just the ignorant ones.

"'We' brand you a misandric"... Who's 'we'? You may've just insulted the collective intelligence of the entire forum with that gem. No one's branding anyone here. Put your poker away.

The rest: As much as I love a good compliment, Alesha, there's just something about the ones tinged with that unmistakable generations-old Eastern European/Russian machismo that I find really yucky. Must be the Croat in me, yawning to that same old familiar song.

Yeah, I know you meant to be incendiary and funny and all, but this is just old hat more than anything else. Old ushanka hat.

I am certainly not a moron, madam.

I sincerely meant the passage as humorous piece. The claims of misogyny been flying about for couple of months (without ever being taken serious by anyone), becoming quite a sz-trend. It was about time to bring out some fresh new term to the market.

As for the mysterious 'we' - quite naturally I referred to Narodnaya Volya. A mysterious secret organization that been legitimizing any nonsense claim, for at least a century.

However for one thing, I truly beg to differ, is the claim to Russian Imperialistic Machismo. By no means calling you an equal opponent to misogynist forces of darkness (and thus a "misandric vigilante of light", which in my opinion sounds epic enough) was an expression of machismo (of russian epic proportions on top)! After all no misogynist macho would ever even think about such comparison!

As for poor old ushaka hat, I believe hot pockers been suddenly brought into the picture by unexpected arrival of the stylish blood red julius clad spanish breathren in aviator hats:

(Your reply was much less expected than those ^ fellows!)

I do not ever bother to take internet in serious fashion madam, so there is certainly no need to overreact, by no means I meant to insult you. In fact I quite certainly meant it as a twisted compliment.

The last mystery is the fact that vodka played no part in it. A bit of cabernet sauvignon however did. So I suppose that its certainly the french fault.

2Merz: Tell me how does it feel? To be the Master.

2Collective Intelligence of the Forum: Don't get insulted, kopMoreCCP+Rowenz!
                                Last edited by Alesha; 02-08-2010, 03:04 AM.
                                Originally posted by interest1

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎