• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the breaks
    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
    Awesome. I bet no one noticed the wedding couple
    Agreed. Wearing something like that is just begging for attention which (for me) is a big no-no at someone else's wedding. I would have been pissed if someone came to mine dressed like that.
    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• yffet
      • Aug 2009

Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• MoFiya
        • Sep 2007

^ there is a slight difference between wearing a slim suit and wearing shorts though IMO.
        Looking good nevertheless.
        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

I wouldn't have minded if someone wore that at my wedding. then again ours was more laid back than some, hence why I think it shouldn't be judged either way without knowing what the wedding was like (and whose it was).

looked good t-bone. same for ray. luc = crack.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• t-bone
            • Dec 2009

I guess I could have clarified that it was my "fun, crazy" aunt's wedding and that she loved it, but i thought this was SZ and not the OWN messageboard.

Comment

• semper
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
              Agreed. Wearing something like that is just begging for attention which (for me) is a big no-no at someone else's wedding. I would have been pissed if someone came to mine dressed like that.
              Wow.

Maybe you should take weddings a little less serious.
              sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• morsto
                • Nov 2008

On that special day, all attention should be on the breaks' white dress and personally I think this is fine, stop the hate.
                I do not recognise the vessel,
                but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• DRRRK
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by semper View Post
                  Maybe you should take weddings a little less serious.
                  Seriously.

Dressing anonymously as a guest seems to come from the same direction as marrying in castles or stretch-limos. What better present for a wedding is there than everybody having a great time, which usually happens when you feel free to be yourself?

Comment

• Magician
                    • Jul 2008

True but I find it much easier to be myself without. (0)

Originally posted by JoniF
                    You can be yourself in pants.
                    Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JoniF
                      i lol'd
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Originally posted by JoniF
                        but not with people who are offended if you're not wearing them.

Comment

• copacetic
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                          On that special day, all attention should be on the breaks' white dress and personally I think this is fine, stop the hate.
                          the idea that weddings are about the bride (and groom) only, and that it is "her (their) special day" and all eyes should be on her (them) is a myth created by repulsive baby boomers for repulsive baby boomers to justify the displays of consumption common at their weddings, which, let's face it, are attempts by the bride and her barren mother at recreating the weddings they see in movies and magazines, which are in turn pale imitations of royal weddings in europe and the traditions that surround them. it's petit bourgeois specimens trying to claw their way up from vulgar middle class life, hoping that tuile and pink roses and personalized stationery will do the trick. both the bride from new jersey and the princess from wales can go fuck themselves.

weddings are about the guests. a wedding is not a wedding if friends and family don't show up. a wedding is merely a confirmation in the eyes of those close to us that the love is true and lasting and of importance to everyone. that's been the case with similar social bonding ceremonies throughout anthropological history.

that uncanny feeling that brides and grooms get when everybody is looking at them take their vows? that hyper-self-aware quasi-out-of-body feeling? that's a sign that their feelings don't really matter at the moment. they are on display for others, because weddings are about the guests. similarly, the theater is not for and about actors: the theater is oriented toward the audience.

so: wear a drop-crotch suit to a wedding. brides who think that the focus should be on them alone have a long life of bourgeois striving ahead of themselves and are better left alone in their moment of glory, which will soon give way to crippling personal dissatisfaction.
                          And "When the prince has gathered about him
                          "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• asecretmaker
                            • Apr 2011

but not every merrying couple are like t-bone's "fun, crazy" aunt or most ppl here who won't care what you worn at the wedding. thats a wedding! you can go to theater everyday but for some ppl its a once-in-a-lifetime thing. so don't take any chance. but thats just an imo. btw i always hate drop crouth rick. i love goth rick not street rick.

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

i think it's fine. he's a pretty clean cut decent looking guy if he had more of an alternative look it may come off as intentionally provocative or immature. and the top half is spot on. i wouldnt think people would put too much stock into it -- especially a family wedding where at least one side is probably somewhat familiar with your typical get up.

Comment

• Ivans On High
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2008

"you. yeah, you with the shorts. please move to the back for the photo."

It all comes down to the dress code. I'm getting married in two weeks and wouldn't like it if someone wore that to my wedding, but we said specifically black-tie.

Now i'm getting nervous that I wasn't specific enough...

"Don't forget to come in your pants."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎