• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you wearing today?

[quote user="dontbecruel"][quote user="Faust"]

Library for books or for clothes?
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

Books. I don&#39;t think they&#39;d let me into the Library in South Kensington in the 50s spiv outfit I&#39;m wearing today. You need to show an iron cross or skull at the door to get into that place.
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

Funny you say this - I was wearing my Junya Watanabe sweatshirt with the huge gothic cross on the back.
    They did not look particularly hardcore to me, though. Maybe they dress up like vampires after work?</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
      • Sep 2006

Not exactly vampires, but they love their highly serious, smelly leather and silver man jewellery. Not my scene.

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

dontbecruel, i demand pictures. Your outfits sounds so cool, and i like your daily inspirations. </p>

Faust--Intriguing? You flatter me. [;)] I teach writing, although I am off this semester--supposed to be doing my own thing. Study-wise, I am a cultural anthropologist, but a rather reluctant and very eccentric one. Yikes, full disclosure, hope no one is too freaked out by the anthro thing.</p>

Me today--more school girl than school teacher.</p>

Very stiff pleated white skirt with a tiny grey and burgundy pattern--A.P.C.</p>

Black wool v-neck sweater--old BR</p>

Black opaque tights</p>

Anthracite patent mary-janes with a very round toe and thick black elastic strap--Marni</p>

Navy canvas coat--I absolutely love this thing. One of my best ever scores from Barneys. Very narrow shoulders and sleeves, but widens at the bottom. It&#39;s the store label, which is designed by Martin Grant, so the tailoring is pukka. Just what Madeline would wear.
        </p>

Black knit beret with a pom-pom--this was total overkill, but i was having a bad hair day.
        </p>
        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

Faust--Intriguing? You flatter me.
          [;)] I teach writing, although I am off this
          semester--supposed to be doing my own thing. Study-wise, I am a
          cultural anthropologist, but a rather reluctant and very eccentric
          one. Yikes, full disclosure, hope no one is too freaked out by
          the anthro thing.</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Run, people - we
          are being experimented on!!!!!!!!!! Haha, just kidding.
          That&#39;s great - an intelligent woman with great style, one cannot ask
          for more. Your outfit sounds lovely.</p>

So, I promised
          pictures, but I forgot when I got home and quickly changed into a
          tshirt/sweapants. Sorry. Consolation prize - Mrs. Faust&#39;s
          pictures.</p>

Cropped jacket with two rows of buttons, two lapels,
          and a detachable collar (flap collar, turns into a chinese collar) -
          Ann Dem. Shoes - some brand (sorry for the crappy shoe pic).</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
            • Sep 2006

Nice jacket from Mrs. Faust. Is it leather or wool? Great looking shoes too.</p>

laika - lovely black dress from yesterday.</p>

Today I wore,</p>

White under T</p>

White l/s uneven yarn cotton shirt with stitching details in front - Issey Miyake</p>

Light brown vintage treated corduroy cotton pants - Martin margiela</p>

and vintage brown leather wingtips</p>

I too changed immdeiately when I got home...long day
            </p>

Comment

• darkanimal
              • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;dontbecruel&quot;]Not exactly vampires, but they love their highly serious, smelly leather and silver man jewellery. Not my scene.
              [/quote]</p>

How come they wore just t-shirts jeans and converse when I was there? Still the service was friendly, at least this one SA that helped me out. And yes that neighborhood is plush. A Ferarri and Masserati showroom on the same street. Of course I descended there in style... with no less than riding in a bicycle cab [:P] Hahaha , long story but true!
              </p>

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;darkanimal&quot;]

[quote user=&quot;dontbecruel&quot;]Not exactly vampires, but they love their highly serious, smelly leather and silver man jewellery. Not my scene.
                [/quote]</p>

How come they wore just t-shirts jeans and converse when I was there? Still the service was friendly, at least this one SA that helped me out. And yes that neighborhood is plush. A Ferarri and Masserati showroom on the same street. Of course I descended there in style... with no less than riding in a bicycle cab [:P] Hahaha , long story but true!
                </p>

[/quote]</p>

I, too, actually felt a disconnect between the merch. in the store and the salespeople who were wearing jeans/shirts, pants/cardigans and flip-flops. They were supernice. That corner is lovely, isn&#39;t it?! They have hidden gems like St. Maria di Novella perfumery and actually a big Gaultier boutique (and the Conran shop, of course, not really hidden, but a gem nonetheless). The Joseph cafe was lame though - I hate those places.</p>

Anyway, back on topic - thank, Buckwheat! Her jacket is wool, and I have a blazer the same color (and same buttons) from the same season - we match sometimes! Your brown sounds good - I&#39;ve been adding more brown to my wardrobe in the few past years.

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                  • Sep 2006

Today I went to the libraryin my ponyskin creepers again, this time with jeans anda huge oversized cotton sweater with stripes in various shades of faded grey from Demeulemeester. Looked pretty louche I thought (in a good way). Then I bought a yoghurt for lunch and spilled it all over my beautiful shoes.

Comment

• Anima
                    • Oct 2006

Hi everyone,</p>

I am new to the forum and am looking forward to being apart of this community. Right now I am at school so can&#39;t post a picture but thought I&#39;d share what I&#39;m wearing today</p>

-Black cotton dress with long sleeve and slightly gathered hem. Knee length. made by my school friend.</p>

-Vintage black silk vest that was taken from a mens tuxedo. The labels are in JapaneseandIdon&#39;t recognize the designer. Back is open and it has 6 small front buttons in the front. it can be worn straight but also looks good buttoned up assymetric</p>

-Vintage gold chain necklace. It has two thin hanging chains and and a large pendent that is shaped like a tie. In the middle of the tie is a small cameo. </p>

-Black Tights</p>

-Vintage black shoe boots with slight pointytoe and gathered vamp. </p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Anima, that sounds great! Nice to have you here.</p>

Buckwheat--thanks! your outfit sounds good, so relaxed.
                      </p>

My, what a smashing couple Mr. and Mrs. Faust must be! She looks lovely in that jacket. </p>

</p>
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

What I&#39;ll be wearing tomorrow (since today it was just my suit)</p>

comme des garcons SHIRT blue striped shirt</p>

comme des garcons homme plus Evergreen wool sweater in diagonal stripes of burgundy, navy andgrey (thinkdiag varsity stripe)</p>

cdg Evergreen dark navy polyester bias cut polyester jacket with white stitched diagonal stripe</p>

45rpm jomons</p>

beige cons.</p>

It&#39;s my reaction against the smelly leather man-jewelerly scene. Preppy with a twist!</p>

</p>

It&#39;s also making me think about the disconnect Faust mentioned..... more appropriate for the whats to be worn thread....but i think there&#39;s something to that disconnect. I see it in Leclaireur too.</p>

</p>

Comment

• Anima
                          • Oct 2006

Laika,</p>

Thank you for the kind words. Your outfits sound lovely as well! </p>

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Welcome, Anima - your outfit sounds interesting (and creative!).

</p>

Laika, thank you so much for the compliment!

</p>

Johnny is the Evergreen blazer from this season? Those were lovely, and the bias cut knits, too.</p>

Speaking
                            of what I will be wearing tomorrow - Salomon light ski jacket, North
                            Face hiking boots, and some sweatpants - I will be kicking up hiking
                            trail dirt and watching the gorgeous Vermont foliage for the next three
                            days. Keep the forum going!!!</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Enjoying the friday:</p>

</p>

- Dior Homme Strip waxed cotton motorcycle jacket</p>

- Dior Homme deep red tie</p>

- Prada black dress shirt</p>

- Dior Homme VotC wide leather belt</p>

- Dior Homme Follow Me whiskered black jeans</p>

- Carol Christian Poell diagonal zip boots</p>
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Agent L
                                • Sep 2006

</p>

An ode to Carol day.</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢