• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you wearing today?

Faust, very nice, and very cute!</p>

sbw, you do look a little menacing in that picture, lol. I think it&#39;s the angle though.</p>

Kind of boring today, but I thought I would jump on the all black bandwagon.</p>

Highwaisted black culottes--See by Chloe</p>

Thin black wool top with a zip-up turtleneck and hood--Yohji</p>

Black ruched tabi slippers--IXOS</p>
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

Faust, very nice, and very cute!</p>

sbw, you do look a little menacing in that picture, lol. I think it&#39;s the angle though.</p>

Kind of boring today, but I thought I would jump on the all black bandwagon.</p>

Highwaisted black culottes--See by Chloe</p>

Thin black wool top with a zip-up turtleneck and hood--Yohji</p>

Black ruched tabi slippers--IXOS</p>

[/quote]</p>

Sounds so easy - I could just see you cozying up in some cafe with a book. :-)</p>
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Agent L
        • Sep 2006

This site is too addictive. I should be working but instead I&#39;m taking photos of what I&#39;m wearing. [:P]</p>

Cloak Field Jacket</p>

Cloak Selvedge Denim Jeans</p>

Barbara Bui Belt</p>

Margiela Belt (accessorizing if that&#39;s what you want to call it)</p>

Rick Owens Boots</p>

</p>

Comment

• sbw4224
          • Sep 2006

Agent L, another awesome outfit. What season are those jeans from?

Comment

• Agent L
            • Sep 2006

Thanks. They&#39;re from Sring 06. They&#39;re still doing selvedge denim jeans this season but w/ Earnest Sewn and they&#39;re much lighter in weight.

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

nice fit agent l. been meaning to try the belt as an accessory...</p>

for me is a wong fei hong meets avant garde outfit for a dinner</p>

for a dress up dinner:
              custom designed/tailored long coat.
              ccp assymetric shirt (collar removed -&gt; chinese collar)
              ccp pants with uneven button fly
              linea shoes

you can kind of see the details of the shirt and pants here..</p>

</p>

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

Oh my god, you are killing me with coats! Very handsome indeed. I really like those shoes as well.
                ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• droogist
                  • Sep 2006

Looking really sharp, coldrice![quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

droogist, I adore that dress--I really like the earlier, more casual stuff he did. I am living vicariously through your Chalayan collection, so I hope you tell us more. Those boots sound cool too--what is FQ R? Sounds like a chemical compound, lol. </p>

[/quote]I might say the same of IXOS... [:P] FQ R (R for Roma) is yet another CDiem offshoot (yawn). They have a website with laughably tiny pictures, here: www.fqr.it. It&#39;s a menswear label, but this season they had exactly one style of women&#39;s boot on offer, which I bought. My husband has the nearly identical men&#39;s pair, so now we can walk down the street wearing them together and look like a right pair of prats.</p>

The average objective observer would no doubt find the amount of Chalayan in my closet unhealthy - fanaticism rarely being a sign of robust mental health. I rationalize it by telling myself it&#39;ll make for a nice donation to some yet-to be-determined design museum, when I&#39;m old and grey. [:$]
                  </p>

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;droogist&quot;]Looking really sharp, coldrice![quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

droogist, I adore that dress--I really like the earlier, more casual stuff he did. I am living vicariously through your Chalayan collection, so I hope you tell us more. Those boots sound cool too--what is FQ R? Sounds like a chemical compound, lol. </p>

[/quote]I might say the same of IXOS... [:P] FQ R (R for Roma) is yet another CDiem offshoot (yawn). They have a website with laughably tiny pictures, here: www.fqr.it. It&#39;s a menswear label, but this season they had exactly one style of women&#39;s boot on offer, which I bought. My husband has the nearly identical men&#39;s pair, so now we can walk down the street wearing them together and look like a right pair of prats.</p>

The average objective observer would no doubt find the amount of Chalayan in my closet unhealthy - fanaticism rarely being a sign of robust mental health. I rationalize it by telling myself it&#39;ll make for a nice donation to some yet-to be-determined design museum, when I&#39;m old and grey. [:$]
                    </p>

[/quote]</p>

good thinking, droogist!</p>
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• droogist
                      • Sep 2006

^ Well I&#39;m glad someone agrees with me [:D]</p>

Today:</p>

Forest green silk tank</p>

Charcoal grey shrunken wool cardigan</p>

Really huge samourai-style purplish-brown textured trousers - vintage (ca. 1990) Comme des Gar&ccedil;ons</p>

Tan nubuck ballet flats w/ olive trim - French Sole</p>

Same necklace as last time
                      </p>

Comment

• baizilla
                        • Sep 2006

Agent L, coldrice -- very nice!<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>Today</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>blk destroyed cotton tank</div><div>blk sheer hooded shirt w/ a deep neck</div><div>blk virgin wool/ramie wrinkled and oversized vest</div><div>blk virgin wool/ramie cropped slim fit pants</div><div>blk/gold wool badge</div><div>all by Ann Demeulemeester</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>+blk converse</div><div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13.3333px"><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13.3333px"></div><div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13.3333px"><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div>

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

damn nice, baizilla! i love the silhouette.
                          </p>

</p>

tan suede biker jacket - margiela</p>

black merino wool turtleneck - margiela</p>

dark blue raw denim jeans - dior homme</p>

black distressed leather lace up boots - moma</p>

pictures to come. and if you wonder why i dress like that to go central park zoo with my wife and daughter, it&#39;s because i simply can&#39;t dress like that 5 days a week, dammit!</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;droogist&quot;]Looking really sharp, coldrice![quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

</p>

[/quote]</p>

lucky duck! Personally, I think supporting him is rationalization enough for a closet-full, but the museum idea is good too! Oddly, I don&#39;t know many people (either virtually or in real life) who wear his stuff. I guess we are the Chalayan girls, lol. </p>

IXOS is generally a little too Diesel-ish for my taste, but the tabi shoes are very pretty--my boyfriend got them for me years ago, when I desperately wanted the Margielas and they were not to be found. </p>

Given the strange overlap in our tastes, is it possible that you are also a tabi-wearing girl? [;)]</p>

Comment

• Agent L
                              • Sep 2006

Very cool looks coldrice and baizilla. Both look very natural and befiiting. It&#39;s nice to see all this black and still see the diversity and range in styles. Faust, get your pics up man. An &quot;All Black&quot; thread should be started just to show how everyone wears all black in their own way. Ladies please join in.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

thanks everyone. nice look baizilla - really like the deep neck/hooded shirt and the vest pieces...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎