Page 8 of 2414 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718581085081008 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you wearing today?

Default Re: What are you wearing today?

</p>

</p>

Another freakishly warm day so keeping it simple with ultra light fabrics. Cloak shirt and pants, Helmut Lang belt, Miu Miu ankle boots (too bad you can&#39;t see them, they&#39;re my favorite!).
    </p>

[quote user=&quot;xcoldricex&quot;]nice nambla. care to make a post about macabre?
    [/quote]</p>

</p>

Thanks. I make clothes by that name. www.macabre.se</p>

nothing too serious... Currently attending school to learn more about experience, sewing and pattern making. That&#39;s why some of the clothes are so-so.</p>

As said. Nothing serious.</p>

</p>

[quote user=&quot;xcoldricex&quot;]nice nambla. care to make a post about macabre?
    [/quote]</p>

</p>

Thanks. I make clothes by that name. www.macabre.se</p>

nothing too serious... Currently attending school to learn more about experience, sewing and pattern making. That&#39;s why some of the clothes are so-so.</p>

As said. Nothing serious.</p>

</p>

Everything looks great so far, nambla. I wish I had half your
    talent! Let me know if items are actually available to
    purchase. </p>

</p>

casem83,
    great clean look. This is the first time I&#39;ve seen Cloak pants
    being worn on an actual person. Looks good. </p>

[quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

Me today: (took a break and went to Jeffrey, almost died of boredom, lol)</p>

Black babydoll dress with lots of pleated detailing--Vanessa Bruno</p>

Purple tights and usual chloe wedges</p>

Quilted black jacket with a stand-up collar and a ruffled (kind of reptilian) detail--Vintage. It&#39;s by a japanese designer i&#39;ve never heard of. </p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

The dress sounds lovely. You like a lot of the same things as my girlfriend, I think. She&#39;s also keen on Vanessa Bruno and Vernonique Branquinho. I was thinking about old man chic. Do you know anything about the English designer Margaret Howell? She does beautiful women&#39;s clothes that I thought you might like, lots of reinterpretation of 40s shapes and traditional yarns and things, but also sexy in a librarian chic sort of way. Her styling is quite non-descript, so you might not get drawn in by shots of her catwalk shows, but the individual items are beautiful, both in fabric and in cut. Not sure whether you can buy them in the states but there&#39;s an amazing-looking tweed pencil skirt up on ebay at the moment.
    </p>

[quote user=&quot;dontbecruel&quot;][quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

Me today: (took a break and went to Jeffrey, almost died of boredom, lol)</p>

Black babydoll dress with lots of pleated detailing--Vanessa Bruno</p>

Purple tights and usual chloe wedges</p>

Quilted black jacket with a stand-up collar and a ruffled (kind of reptilian) detail--Vintage. It&#39;s by a japanese designer i&#39;ve never heard of. </p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

The dress sounds lovely. You like a lot of the same things as my girlfriend, I think. She&#39;s also keen on Vanessa Bruno and Vernonique Branquinho. I was thinking about old man chic. Do you know anything about the English designer Margaret Howell? She does beautiful women&#39;s clothes that I thought you might like, lots of reinterpretation of 40s shapes and traditional yarns and things, but also sexy in a librarian chic sort of way. Her styling is quite non-descript, so you might not get drawn in by shots of her catwalk shows, but the individual items are beautiful, both in fabric and in cut. Not sure whether you can buy them in the states but there&#39;s an amazing-looking tweed pencil skirt up on ebay at the moment.
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

I wanted to check out her store on Fulham Road, but you Brits have this crazy idea that one should not work on Sundays!!! [:D]</p>

Today;</p>

Black leather jacket with shoulder detail - Costume National</p>

Dark grey cotton turtleneck - Poell</p>

Black cotton pants with drawstrings in place of a belt - Raf Simons</p>

Black zippered boots - Ann Demeulemeester</p>

I&#39;ll try to take pix tonight!</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Just like we &#39;ve been saying about a lot of designers who work by injecting a new twist into traditional things, Margaret Howell menswear is really disappointing compared to the women&#39;s stuff. Especially at the prices she charges! It really does look like Gap. So you didnt miss much.</p>

How are those drawstring Raf trousers from Yoox working out? They style everything on that site as though it was deisgned by Dolce in the mid nineties so they were hard to figure out. But I guessed they would probably be nice in the flesh.

I&#39;m going to the library today, dressed like a twisted-up version of Charlton Heston in Touch of Evil...
    Mexican-style white rayon shirt from Comme, worn half open over a black t-shirt.
    Grey fleck trousers from Raf, like traditional slacks, but in place of the crease down the front, they have a flap across them that sticks out like a crease.
    Yohji brothel creepers with black ponyskin on the front.

</p>

</p>

Thanks dontbecruel. I like both the VB&#39;s a lot, although the selection here is usually pretty poor. Branquinho has been rather disappointing lately, but there are some lovely Vanessa Bruno things on NAP right now. I actually like Margaret Howell a lot--her trousers and shirts look incredibly well-tailored. Not available here though. [8o|] I&#39;ll be watching that pencil skirt now....thanks for the heads up! I actually do the &quot;sexy librarian&quot; look a lot when i teach, lol. And old man chic....i just love it. I&#39;m going to have to start toting my camera around for examples.</p>

Faust--Jeffrey is just miserable! I think I might officially hate that store...the male staff did like like my shoes though. [:P] The jacket isn&#39;t Matsuda--i lost the label ages ago. I think it was something like Miyazaki (something with a y and a z, anyway)
    </p>

Here&#39;s a pic of the dress from yesterday...I wore a mesh tank under it, naturally.</p>

</p>
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

[quote user=&quot;dontbecruel&quot;]

Just like we &#39;ve been saying about a lot of designers who work by injecting a new twist into traditional things, Margaret Howell menswear is really disappointing compared to the women&#39;s stuff. Especially at the prices she charges! It really does look like Gap. So you didnt miss much.</p>

How are those drawstring Raf trousers from Yoox working out? They style everything on that site as though it was deisgned by Dolce in the mid nineties so they were hard to figure out. But I guessed they would probably be nice in the flesh.

I&#39;m going to the library today, dressed like a twisted-up version of Charlton Heston in Touch of Evil...
    Mexican-style white rayon shirt from Comme, worn half open over a black t-shirt.
    Grey fleck trousers from Raf, like traditional slacks, but in place of the crease down the front, they have a flap across them that sticks out like a crease.
    Yohji brothel creepers with black ponyskin on the front.

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Library for books or for clothes? You have to specify on this forum! [:D] I figured it&#39;s for books, since you did not capitalize the word, but I don&#39;t capitalize often when I write informally.</p>

Raf pants are perfect, as all of his pants are (except the showman oversized ones, of course). I&#39;d love to see your Raf pants. The way Yoox styles everything that way is that they operate out of Milan, and if you have ever been to Milan, you won&#39;t be surprised at their styling.</p>

Laika, my turn to ask, what do you study/teach? You are intriguing!
    </p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

[quote user=&quot;Faust&quot;]

Library for books or for clothes?
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

Books. I don&#39;t think they&#39;d let me into the Library in South Kensington in the 50s spiv outfit I&#39;m wearing today. You need to show an iron cross or skull at the door to get into that place.
    </p>

[quote user=&quot;dontbecruel&quot;][quote user=&quot;Faust&quot;]

Library for books or for clothes?
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

Books. I don&#39;t think they&#39;d let me into the Library in South Kensington in the 50s spiv outfit I&#39;m wearing today. You need to show an iron cross or skull at the door to get into that place.
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

Funny you say this - I was wearing my Junya Watanabe sweatshirt with the huge gothic cross on the back.
    They did not look particularly hardcore to me, though. Maybe they dress up like vampires after work?</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Not exactly vampires, but they love their highly serious, smelly leather and silver man jewellery. Not my scene.

dontbecruel, i demand pictures. Your outfits sounds so cool, and i like your daily inspirations. </p>

Faust--Intriguing? You flatter me. [;)] I teach writing, although I am off this semester--supposed to be doing my own thing. Study-wise, I am a cultural anthropologist, but a rather reluctant and very eccentric one. Yikes, full disclosure, hope no one is too freaked out by the anthro thing.</p>

Me today--more school girl than school teacher.</p>

Very stiff pleated white skirt with a tiny grey and burgundy pattern--A.P.C.</p>

Black wool v-neck sweater--old BR</p>

Black opaque tights</p>

Anthracite patent mary-janes with a very round toe and thick black elastic strap--Marni</p>

Navy canvas coat--I absolutely love this thing. One of my best ever scores from Barneys. Very narrow shoulders and sleeves, but widens at the bottom. It&#39;s the store label, which is designed by Martin Grant, so the tailoring is pukka. Just what Madeline would wear.
    </p>

Black knit beret with a pom-pom--this was total overkill, but i was having a bad hair day.
    </p>
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

[quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

Faust--Intriguing? You flatter me.
    [;)] I teach writing, although I am off this
    semester--supposed to be doing my own thing. Study-wise, I am a
    cultural anthropologist, but a rather reluctant and very eccentric
    one. Yikes, full disclosure, hope no one is too freaked out by
    the anthro thing.</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Run, people - we
    are being experimented on!!!!!!!!!! Haha, just kidding.
    That&#39;s great - an intelligent woman with great style, one cannot ask
    for more. Your outfit sounds lovely.</p>

So, I promised
    pictures, but I forgot when I got home and quickly changed into a
    tshirt/sweapants. Sorry. Consolation prize - Mrs. Faust&#39;s
    pictures.</p>

Cropped jacket with two rows of buttons, two lapels,
    and a detachable collar (flap collar, turns into a chinese collar) -
    Ann Dem. Shoes - some brand (sorry for the crappy shoe pic).</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Nice jacket from Mrs. Faust. Is it leather or wool? Great looking shoes too.</p>

laika - lovely black dress from yesterday.</p>

Today I wore,</p>

White under T</p>

White l/s uneven yarn cotton shirt with stitching details in front - Issey Miyake</p>

Light brown vintage treated corduroy cotton pants - Martin margiela</p>

and vintage brown leather wingtips</p>

I too changed immdeiately when I got home...long day
    </p>

[quote user=&quot;dontbecruel&quot;]Not exactly vampires, but they love their highly serious, smelly leather and silver man jewellery. Not my scene.
    [/quote]</p>

How come they wore just t-shirts jeans and converse when I was there? Still the service was friendly, at least this one SA that helped me out. And yes that neighborhood is plush. A Ferarri and Masserati showroom on the same street. Of course I descended there in style... with no less than riding in a bicycle cab [:P] Hahaha , long story but true!
    </p>

[quote user=&quot;darkanimal&quot;]

[quote user=&quot;dontbecruel&quot;]Not exactly vampires, but they love their highly serious, smelly leather and silver man jewellery. Not my scene.
    [/quote]</p>

How come they wore just t-shirts jeans and converse when I was there? Still the service was friendly, at least this one SA that helped me out. And yes that neighborhood is plush. A Ferarri and Masserati showroom on the same street. Of course I descended there in style... with no less than riding in a bicycle cab [:P] Hahaha , long story but true!
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

I, too, actually felt a disconnect between the merch. in the store and the salespeople who were wearing jeans/shirts, pants/cardigans and flip-flops. They were supernice. That corner is lovely, isn&#39;t it?! They have hidden gems like St. Maria di Novella perfumery and actually a big Gaultier boutique (and the Conran shop, of course, not really hidden, but a gem nonetheless). The Joseph cafe was lame though - I hate those places.</p>

Anyway, back on topic - thank, Buckwheat! Her jacket is wool, and I have a blazer the same color (and same buttons) from the same season - we match sometimes! Your brown sounds good - I&#39;ve been adding more brown to my wardrobe in the few past years.

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Today I went to the libraryin my ponyskin creepers again, this time with jeans anda huge oversized cotton sweater with stripes in various shades of faded grey from Demeulemeester. Looked pretty louche I thought (in a good way). Then I bought a yoghurt for lunch and spilled it all over my beautiful shoes.

Hi everyone,</p>

I am new to the forum and am looking forward to being apart of this community. Right now I am at school so can&#39;t post a picture but thought I&#39;d share what I&#39;m wearing today</p>

-Black cotton dress with long sleeve and slightly gathered hem. Knee length. made by my school friend.</p>

-Vintage black silk vest that was taken from a mens tuxedo. The labels are in JapaneseandIdon&#39;t recognize the designer. Back is open and it has 6 small front buttons in the front. it can be worn straight but also looks good buttoned up assymetric</p>

-Vintage gold chain necklace. It has two thin hanging chains and and a large pendent that is shaped like a tie. In the middle of the tie is a small cameo. </p>

-Black Tights</p>

-Vintage black shoe boots with slight pointytoe and gathered vamp. </p>

</p>

</p>

Anima, that sounds great! Nice to have you here.</p>

Buckwheat--thanks! your outfit sounds good, so relaxed.
    </p>

My, what a smashing couple Mr. and Mrs. Faust must be! She looks lovely in that jacket. </p>

</p>