• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you wearing today?

That&#39;s a swell jacket, Albert - I almost bought it myself, but it did not sit 100% right on me.</p>

Nambla, I actually like how you bunched up the cardigan in the back a lot! Good work.</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Chinorlz--another amazing jacket! It reminds me of a Branquinho motorcyle-sweater that I really wanted a few years ago. I was way too young to even consider buying it though...
      </p>

Faust-- I guess that was kind of a random comment. I hadn&#39;t really thought about it one way or the other before--it was just a guess, based on the colors....i like to wear the same ones, but I&#39;m blond. Perhaps I was having a moment of slavic solidarity and thought you might be blond also, lol.
      </p>
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

Chinorlz--another amazing jacket! It reminds me of a Branquinho motorcyle-sweater that I really wanted a few years ago. I was way too young to even consider buying it though...
        </p>

Faust-- I guess that was kind of a random comment. I hadn&#39;t really thought about it one way or the other before--it was just a guess, based on the colors....i like to wear the same ones, but I&#39;m blond. Perhaps I was having a moment of slavic solidarity and thought you might be blond also, lol.
        </p>

[/quote]</p>

Aaah, lol! That&#39;s what I thought as well. Yea, Russians = blond, Russian Jews = brunette. Bam, I added to your anthropological knoweledge!!! [Y][B]</p>

Oh, Laika, I wanted that MC jacket so badly!!! Bakla dissuaded me actually, apparently the mens fit was very odd. Actually VBs menswear fit was really odd the first few seasons (not sure how it is now) - it was just oddly proportioned. I love the idea though! McQ has a knit MC jacket this season - I saw it at Barneys (mens co-op), but it&#39;s not nearly as nice as VBs version was - it&#39;s not a chunky knit.</p>

</p>

Today;</p>

Same coat and boots as yesterday in a pic above.</p>

Black cotton turtleneck - Ann Dem</p>

Chocolate brown wool with metal fibers for the slightly wrinkled look dress pants - Haute</p>

Black leather belt - Prada (don&#39;t ask, it&#39;s from another era)
        </p>

Black canvas messenger bag with bondage leather closures (finally pryed it away from Mrs. Faust) - Helmut Lang</p>
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

crap, now you are making me obsess about it again! It was perfect, wasn&#39;t it? I think it may have been the first designer item I desperately wanted, but I seem to remember that I was barely out of college, and couldn&#39;t remotely afford anything that wasn&#39;t from a sample sale.
          I still really want a soft version of a motorcycle jacket....</p>

Thanks for catching me in the midst of an utter cultural stereotype! Some anthropologist, right?[:P] My grandmother is actually brunette also (gypsy blood, lol)
          </p>
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Thanks guys! The Demeulemeester jacket has quick become one of my favorites.</p>

</p>

I agree with the Branquinho statement. I tried on a blazer a while ago and it just didn&#39;t &quot;look right&quot;. I actually don&#39;t even bother checking it out when at IF anymore.</p>

Faust, perhaps a photo of the HL bag? Sounds cool!</p>
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Jorge Hache
              • Sep 2006

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial">Faust, what can i say, the Poell-CDiem-Simons outfit is pure perfection; you carry it with such ease, nice!</span></p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial"></span></p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial">Chinorlz very nice outfit, I&rsquo;ve seen the jacket too, but never tried on, it&#39;s great.</span></p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial"></span></p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial">Me today (hope to post picture at night, finally bought a decent digicam)</span></p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial">Reversible black with brown seams heavy cotton jacket - with lots of details (as all of you CDiem lovers should know) -----LMaltieri</span></p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial">Plain heather gray crewneck t-shirt ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------M Dutti</span></p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial">Black washed cotton with pinstripe inserts at the sides baggy pants -----------------------------------------------------------------------------Dirk Shonberger</span></p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial">Black buffalo leather combat boots -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ann Demeulemeester</span></p><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial"><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span style="font-size: 10pt"><font face="Times New Roman"></font></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span style="font-size: 10pt"><font face="Times New Roman"></font></span></p>

</p></span>

Comment

• Agent L
                • Sep 2006

quote user=&quot;laika&quot;

crap, now you are making me obsess about it again! It was perfect, wasn&#39;t it? I think it may have been the first designer item I desperately wanted, but I seem to remember that I was barely out of college, and couldn&#39;t remotely afford anything that wasn&#39;t from a sample sale.
                I still really want a soft version of a motorcycle jacket....</p>

Thanks for catching me in the midst of an utter stereotype! Some anthropologist, right?[:P] My grandmother is actually brunette also (gypsy blood, lol)
                </p>Hey Laika. I wanted that knit VB motorcycle jacket so bad too. She did it a couple seasons back to back if I recall correctly. Anyway, it was on Yoox but in brown (not my color) and I was like ARRGGGHH!!! I have a soft motorcycle jacket made by Final Home but not nearly the same thing. Now we can obsess about it together[:(]

Comment

• droogist
                  • Sep 2006

Really handsome, fellas. There&#39;s a very impressive collection of jackets on this forum...
                  </p>

Today:</p>

V-neck knit camisole - Schiesser Revival

Black wool knit batwing shrug/cape thingy - Capucci (I think it&#39;s Capucci by Bernhard Willhelm - it just has that look)

Army green wide-legged panelled cords w/tuxedo stripe detail - Dries Van Noten

Same flesh-coloured Hussein Chalayan flats as last time

&quot;Record Tape&quot; necklace (visual aid) - House of Done</p>

The other day:</p>

Black dress w/ overall + sailor button details - Hussein Chalayan (this dress in black)</p>

Slouchy black painted Russian-army-style boots - FQ R
                  </p>

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

-navy Helmut Lang sweater with thumb straps</p>

-cloak shirt</p>

-Dior coated jeans (from this season)</p>

-Helmut Lang shoes</p>
                    music

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Yes, Agent L, we&#39;ll obsess about it together--at least we are in good company. </p>

I can&#39;t believe yoox had it in brown! WTF!? A brown motorcyle jacket? Who wears that? I swear, that color is the bane of my existence.</p>

droogist, I adore that dress--I really like the earlier, more casual stuff he did. I am living vicariously through your Chalayan collection, so I hope you tell us more. Those boots sound cool too--what is FQ R? Sounds like a chemical compound, lol. </p>

Comment

• sbw4224
                        • Sep 2006

</p>

</p>

</p>

Sorry for the repetitive look. It&#39;s a chilly and rainy day today in CT. </p>

Wool Hat - APC</p>

Coat - W&amp;H WRC Jacket </p>

T-shirt (not shown) - AA</p>

Jeans - Same as always, Julian Red Cali. </p>

Boots - Cloak </p>

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Well done, everyone.</p>

Gutpocho, waiting for the pix!</p>

Droogist, everything sounds lovely - and the dress is cooooool.
                          </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

You guys sure wear a lot of black, everyone looks great. I would be impressed and a little scared if I ran across some of you in person [:P]
                            music

Comment

• sbw4224
                              • Sep 2006

I think the picture makes my outfit a little darker than it actually is
                              in person. Hmm, but maybe that&#39;s why people gave me weird looks
                              today! [^o)] kidding, kidding... but at least my t-shirt
                              wasn&#39;t black.[:)]

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;casem83&quot;]You guys sure wear a lot of black, everyone looks great. I would be impressed and a little scared if I ran across some of you in person [:P]
                                [/quote]</p>

It&#39;s funny, in my mind black has long ceased to signify menace. Whenever people say that black is dangerous, or that I look like a hitma, I always get startled. I use a lot of black mainly because it&#39;s just flattering and multifunctional. In some way it&#39;s a very safe color!</p>

Today;</p>

Black heavy knit sleevless cardigan - Margiela</p>

Navy l/s v-neck cotton top - Margiela</p>

Grey with pinstripe waistless cotton pants - Margiela</p>

Same bag as yesterday - Helmut Lang</p>

Heh, I just realized that I&#39;m all Margielaized today - it was an accident. It was going to be a sky-blue Dries cardigan, but as I was leaving to walk my daughter to day care I put a vest on her, and she asked me if I could wear a vest, too - hence the cardigan.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎