Page 11 of 2414 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you wearing today?

Default Re: What are you wearing today?

nice fit agent l. been meaning to try the belt as an accessory...</p>

for me is a wong fei hong meets avant garde outfit for a dinner</p>

for a dress up dinner:
    custom designed/tailored long coat.
    ccp assymetric shirt (collar removed -&gt; chinese collar)
    ccp pants with uneven button fly
    linea shoes

you can kind of see the details of the shirt and pants here..</p>

</p>

Oh my god, you are killing me with coats! Very handsome indeed. I really like those shoes as well.
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Looking really sharp, coldrice![quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

droogist, I adore that dress--I really like the earlier, more casual stuff he did. I am living vicariously through your Chalayan collection, so I hope you tell us more. Those boots sound cool too--what is FQ R? Sounds like a chemical compound, lol. </p>

[/quote]I might say the same of IXOS... [:P] FQ R (R for Roma) is yet another CDiem offshoot (yawn). They have a website with laughably tiny pictures, here: www.fqr.it. It&#39;s a menswear label, but this season they had exactly one style of women&#39;s boot on offer, which I bought. My husband has the nearly identical men&#39;s pair, so now we can walk down the street wearing them together and look like a right pair of prats.</p>

The average objective observer would no doubt find the amount of Chalayan in my closet unhealthy - fanaticism rarely being a sign of robust mental health. I rationalize it by telling myself it&#39;ll make for a nice donation to some yet-to be-determined design museum, when I&#39;m old and grey. [:$]
    </p>

[quote user=&quot;droogist&quot;]Looking really sharp, coldrice![quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

droogist, I adore that dress--I really like the earlier, more casual stuff he did. I am living vicariously through your Chalayan collection, so I hope you tell us more. Those boots sound cool too--what is FQ R? Sounds like a chemical compound, lol. </p>

[/quote]I might say the same of IXOS... [:P] FQ R (R for Roma) is yet another CDiem offshoot (yawn). They have a website with laughably tiny pictures, here: www.fqr.it. It&#39;s a menswear label, but this season they had exactly one style of women&#39;s boot on offer, which I bought. My husband has the nearly identical men&#39;s pair, so now we can walk down the street wearing them together and look like a right pair of prats.</p>

The average objective observer would no doubt find the amount of Chalayan in my closet unhealthy - fanaticism rarely being a sign of robust mental health. I rationalize it by telling myself it&#39;ll make for a nice donation to some yet-to be-determined design museum, when I&#39;m old and grey. [:$]
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

good thinking, droogist!</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

^ Well I&#39;m glad someone agrees with me [:D]</p>

Today:</p>

Forest green silk tank</p>

Charcoal grey shrunken wool cardigan</p>

Really huge samourai-style purplish-brown textured trousers - vintage (ca. 1990) Comme des Gar&ccedil;ons</p>

Tan nubuck ballet flats w/ olive trim - French Sole</p>

Same necklace as last time
    </p>

Agent L, coldrice -- very nice!<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>Today</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>blk destroyed cotton tank</div><div>blk sheer hooded shirt w/ a deep neck</div><div>blk virgin wool/ramie wrinkled and oversized vest</div><div>blk virgin wool/ramie cropped slim fit pants</div><div>blk/gold wool badge</div><div>all by Ann Demeulemeester</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>+blk converse</div><div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13.3333px"><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13.3333px"></div><div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13.3333px"><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div>

damn nice, baizilla! i love the silhouette.
    </p>

</p>

tan suede biker jacket - margiela</p>

black merino wool turtleneck - margiela</p>

dark blue raw denim jeans - dior homme</p>

black distressed leather lace up boots - moma</p>

pictures to come. and if you wonder why i dress like that to go central park zoo with my wife and daughter, it&#39;s because i simply can&#39;t dress like that 5 days a week, dammit!</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

[quote user=&quot;droogist&quot;]Looking really sharp, coldrice![quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

</p>

[/quote]</p>

lucky duck! Personally, I think supporting him is rationalization enough for a closet-full, but the museum idea is good too! Oddly, I don&#39;t know many people (either virtually or in real life) who wear his stuff. I guess we are the Chalayan girls, lol. </p>

IXOS is generally a little too Diesel-ish for my taste, but the tabi shoes are very pretty--my boyfriend got them for me years ago, when I desperately wanted the Margielas and they were not to be found. </p>

Given the strange overlap in our tastes, is it possible that you are also a tabi-wearing girl? [;)]</p>
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Very cool looks coldrice and baizilla. Both look very natural and befiiting. It&#39;s nice to see all this black and still see the diversity and range in styles. Faust, get your pics up man. An &quot;All Black&quot; thread should be started just to show how everyone wears all black in their own way. Ladies please join in.

thanks everyone. nice look baizilla - really like the deep neck/hooded shirt and the vest pieces...

[quote user=&quot;Faust&quot;]

damn nice, baizilla! i love the silhouette.
    </p>

</p>

tan suede biker jacket - margiela</p>

black merino wool turtleneck - margiela</p>

dark blue raw denim jeans - dior homme</p>

black distressed leather lace up boots - moma</p>

pictures
    to come. and if you wonder why i dress like that to go central
    park zoo with my wife and daughter, it&#39;s because i simply can&#39;t dress
    like that 5 days a week, dammit!</p>

[/quote]</p>

coldrice, i
    gotta say, the coat looks great on you - i wasn&#39;t too keen on it from
    the picture you posted of it just laying on a bed.</p>

pix</p>

</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

The jacket looks excellent Faust. Lucky you! Before it arrived you were talking about getting the sleeves shortened weren&#39;t you? I reckon they look perfext a little bit long. Looks like Mini-Faust&#39;s got a pretty cute winter coat too.</p>

thanks for the comments. :D<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>Great jacket, faust!</div>

[quote user=&quot;dontbecruel&quot;]

The jacket looks excellent Faust. Lucky you! Before it arrived you were talking about getting the sleeves shortened weren&#39;t you? I reckon they look perfext a little bit long. Looks like Mini-Faust&#39;s got a pretty cute winter coat too.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Thanks all. Yea, I don&#39;t think I will shorten the sleeves - the extran inch or so does not bother me enough to outweigh the sleepless nights I&#39;d have if I gave that jacket to someone to disassemble at the shoulders, shorten the sleeves, and put the jacket back together. Besides, when worn with gloves, I like the sleeves to be longer than usual.
    </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Be careful with your Ann D badge, Baizilla. Mine has dropped a bead already and looks more like it says &quot;What remains is +uture&quot;. Heh.

Hehe

Baizilla, I love your Ann Dem look. Very poetic. I really want the t-shirt version of that badge...waiting for sales though.</p>

Faust, the jacket looks great! Fits you perfectly. Did you take those pics by the pool at Lincoln Center?</p>

Dark denim pantaloons--Stella McCartney</p>

Stiff cotton tomato red shirt with shoestring lacing in the back--Zoe &amp; James</p>

Same tabi slippers</p>

All soon to be covered in dust, as we are packing today! </p>

[quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

Baizilla, I love your Ann Dem look. Very poetic. I really want the t-shirt version of that badge...waiting for sales though.</p>

Faust, the jacket looks great! Fits you perfectly. Did you take those pics by the pool at Lincoln Center?</p>

Dark denim pantaloons--Stella McCartney</p>

Stiff cotton tomato red shirt with shoestring lacing in the back--Zoe &amp; James</p>

Same tabi slippers</p>

All soon to be covered in dust, as we are packing today! </p>

[/quote]</p>

Thanks! It was actually by the apple store on 58th/5th. My daughter is running behind me there, lol. Where are you moving to? I would guess a new posh loft in Tribeca with the bookcases lining the walls.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Baizilla, very nice. The pants are really working for you.</p>

Faust, the jacket looks just fantastic - definitely worth the wait.</p>

[quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]</p>

Given the strange overlap in our tastes, is it possible that you are also a tabi-wearing girl? [;)]</p>

[/quote]Mais bien s&ucirc;r:</p>

Steel grey cap-sleeve knee-length crinkled shift dress - H Chalayan
    </p>

Lavender/grey patterned pashmina</p>

Settingless grey pearl solitaire necklace</p>

Black leather knee-high tabi boots w/ cylindrical high heels - Maison Martin Margiela [:P]</p>

</p>

Good luck with the move, btw...in my experience NYC moves have never been cheery affairs, but I hope yours goes off without a hitch.
    </p>

do we need to start a buy a digital camera for droogist-fund? and laika too!</p>

good luck with the move. i hate the moving process.
    </p>