X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

Touché, Beach.

Why not document? Is the purpose of a forum not to document the conversations of it's members? Perhaps this is a call for a picture only waywt thread. Honestly, I find it to be a far better alternative
    to this malarkey.
    Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Kodiak
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
      Funny you say that when there are four other forced "just hangin' out nonchalantly textin' all my buds" pictures to go with this one....
      Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
      yeah just checking my blackberry... oh, didnt even know the camera was there. there is never any nonchalance to taking a waywt unless it was taken by a streetstyle photographer or something.
      Originally posted by XenoX101 View Post
      Absolute nonchalance of course not, but there are people who look more self conscious than others and Kodiak to me is on the nonchalant side of things, as contrived as the setting by definition may be (mind you though, it would be more reprasentive of me to check my phone than to pose at an abandoned warehouse or cemetary).
      It's an app to trigger the camera over wifi, makes for perfect and easy focus every time rather than having to focus beforehand and running into the frame.

Comment

• Avantster
        ¤¤¤
        • Sep 2006

This thread causes more flare-ups than pork lard on a BBQ.

Re the fit in question I actually liked the boots themselves but they ultimately do not work with the rest of the outfit color wise and are rather heavy and too tight for tucking. Proportions are off as the torso is shortened by the short tops exaggerated by the v neck. Layering is unsuccessful as both have soft unstructured fabrics as well as the awkward interruption of the hood/high collar. A more structured jacket could help.

For those who don't know Saba is a mid market Australian high street fashion label, and I can understand asho's aversion to it. It's not a matter of price or label as much as an aesthetical and philosophical disagreement - here's a picture from their website.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• asho
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Avantster View Post

For those who don't know Saba is a mid market Australian high street fashion label, and I can understand asho's aversion to it. It's not a matter of price or label as much as an aesthetical and philosophical disagreement - here's a picture from their website.
          Thankyou

Comment

• XenoX101
            • Dec 2008

Avantser & asho

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you both, the SABA hoodie is mine not the companies and in fact I have a shirt from them which I have cut the label off as it was noticeable. I understand the philosophical and aesthetical clash but that is irrelevant to the context I am wearing the clothes in (I do not follow their rules of style, fit, etc), also, as they are very simple items the 'vision' of the designers is basically unnoticeable, this can be proved by two things, one that some liked my outfit most likely irrespective of the labels and two that if I didn't tell you the labels you would not have guessed them.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by christianef View Post
              to a degree i agree with asho, and to another degree not so much. for ex. if you wait around after the shows during fashion week youll see lots of models come out doing the overly laid back - no designer peices at all - kind of clumsby goofy vintage leather jacket and docs blah blah blah look and they generally look better in it than when they walk down the runway for julius head to toe in the garments. it just more honest and natural. not really sure XenoX101 has the balloons to pull it off, no offense, but i also dont really think buying a red helmet lang shirt would make much of a difference either in this case. basically i disagree with asho`s implication that maturing in style makes you on some abstract level better...or more stylish. in some instances it can if it coninsides with your evolving as a human being i guess....but i can think of many images of people not in anything close to a julius blazer who completely destroy magicians look too.
              most models don't give a shit about fashion - for them it's an easy paycheck coupled for doing something that's considered cool. we, however, care about fashion, and I, for once, don't want to see another hoody/jeans high school outfit on a fashion forum.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

over the weekend...

www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                  • Mar 2009

Great, FTB !!

Today :

(Seeems like my camera is unable to make a decision about this coat's true color - must be a mix of every shades appearing here).

This evening (at last nights are getting cold !) :

Close-up for the textures :

I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                  I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• MidnightBlue
                    • Sep 2009

great colour on that shirt vanna. really nice.

Comment

• Torchiere
                      • May 2009

Your WAYWT's are always my favourite M-M.

Great colours and fit. Your features really suit that classic look.

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                        • Oct 2008

Mail-Moth : Really digging what's going on in the second shot. I wasn't crazy about the pants last time you posted them, but you carry layers well and a nice long coat works perfectly here, good colors too.

Fade To Black: I'm a bit thrown off by the sneakers as well, but at the same time the fit is relaxed enough that anything too rigid could mess up the whole vibe. It's more laid back this way, and that's usually best for weekends.

My camera is still shit, as are my pictures, working on that. Low was close to freezing on saturday,with carbon blockage in the gas line to the water heater and furnace.

luc coat, luc knit, ro tank, bbs pants, ccp gloves, ro boots.
                        Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                        is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• Konzern
                          • Oct 2008

Like the silhuette, hate the pic quality

Comment

• christianef
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            most models don't give a shit about fashion - for them it's an easy paycheck coupled for doing something that's considered cool. we, however, care about fashion, and I, for once, don't want to see another hoody/jeans high school outfit on a fashion forum.
                            while you are mostly right, your point is somewhat irrelevant. my point was more you would never say to a punk band`theyre sound has really matured.`they `re a punk band its not supposed to sound mature -- its supposed to be gritty and rough and a little messy or childish like an Appel painting. the same idea can extend to fashion and style, case and point someone like hedi slimane who`s berlin book is filled with pictures of shirtless boys whom one could argue emit a crude degree of severe non-chalant style wearing basically nothing almost equal to or even better than the boys walking down the runway in head to toe DH. or the street style photographers who photos an old lady who unknowingly puts together a very understated striking ensemble. or all the strange stuff in the style inspiration post here. i know this is a forum driven by design so its fun to focus on how our favorite garments look on everyday people.... ...and its always an individual case by case situation...but asho`s and your genral attitude of dressing to show you care about fashion can fail just as miserably as xeno`s look. and the contrary can succeed better than mike`s recent look.

Comment

• Peasant
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Konzern View Post
                              Like the silhuette, hate the pic quality
                              Agreed. Would like to see a more detailed pic. Looks good so far.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Well, if you find Xerox's outfit a "very understated striking ensemble" or style inspiring, hats off to you. To me it was just what I said it was.

Undoubtedly, one can fail miserably dressed had to toe in designer wear - talk about an irrelevant point - that's not what I said though. Do you honestly think fashion is about name dropping? If so, that is rather insulting (to my intelligence). The reason we are on a fashion forum is exactly because we find high fashion (a certain kind of fashion, mind you) superior to everyday wear, which is really what Xerox posted. WAYWT, as you say yourself, is to see how these garments translate (successfully or unsuccessfully) in real life. Personally, I just don't comment if I don't like an entire outfit (I may comment if I could suggest an improvement), but I can certainly see where asho was coming from and I only commented on Xerox as a response to you.

And to say that style does not mature is such an obviously flawed statement that I don't even know if it's worth addressing.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎