Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewislasorad
    • Nov 2006

Ch- love it all in that second shot minus the boots, I think some Ann boots or something to that effect would flow better, combats are for the soldiers and you sir, are a general

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
      Christian: What are you teaching today?
      How to do the SZ Chant!

Thanks merz
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
        Ch- love it all in that second shot minus the boots, I think some Ann boots or something to that effect would flow better, combats are for the soldiers and you sir, are a general
        Andrew, you may be right. But the Ann D could be not high enough, and kill the proportions, since my legs are very long (that's why I've choosen the RO, higher). But I'll try for sure, maybe tucked in, let's see. Thanks for the feedback.
        Nice to see you posting a lot. Please keep on.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
          • Mar 2009

Zam, those are quite serious fabrics ! I love this outfit.
          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
            Eternal - ...only thing I'm not sure of is too much exposed leg/boot combo, but it may just be the photo.
            Second that, I love everything, but I think with some high boots (Elephant!) or even some high socks, this would be way more solid.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• H-R
              • May 2007

Christian, what knit is that? It's not this season's RO bias knit, is it? I read Decameron before, there are some pretty interesting/entertaining stories relating to sexual morality indeed...

Oh, who took the action shot? Not one of your students I hope?

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
                You are both right Andrew and Mr Beuys. If I´m going to keep them I need some other boots to work with them. I think high socks with them is not working good at all, as can be seen in the lookbook. It creates to many breaks through the outfit for my liking. They are lovely indeed, but might not really be my style, I just wanted to give a skirt a try.
                Rather than high socks I would suggest a pair of leggings, either AA or a pair of silk ones from a local outdoor store, will post a picture to show you what I am talking about in my next post.

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                Andrew, you may be right. But the Ann D could be not high enough, and kill the proportions, since my legs are very long (that's why I've choosen the RO, higher). But I'll try for sure, maybe tucked in, let's see. Thanks for the feedback.
                I was thinking your high Ann Riding boots, something similar to the AW07 looks, which I absolutely loved.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

I am so unbelievably jealous of Christian. Our chalkboards keep getting replaced with whiteboards. Talk about depressing!
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Sombre
                    • Jan 2009

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry Andrew, better pictures won't be coming. I don't have that SZ camera man following me around. Genevieve, somehow I never feel comfortable in looser pants, but I suppose they'd be worth a try. Casem, the pants are not leather, rather a faded waxed cotton. I do have leather pants that I've worn with the jacket before, but with different shoes. H-R, you have a point, but when I paired the two I was thinking of the angling of the "wings" on the boots paralleling the angle of the hem of the jacket.
                    Last edited by Sombre; 02-24-2013, 01:16 AM.
                    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• KM80
                      • Mar 2008

I love those Doma pants Christian!

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

The boots are not patent leather, they've just recently been polished. I thought it bad that in the 5 months I've had them I've never applied a coat of polish to them. The jeans no longer have any sheen whatsoever, at this point they're almost grey, so it must have been the deceiving flash. As for your last statement, you could say that about Andrew, wire.artist, or Christian, but you don't because their clothing looks natural on them. How one determines what is natural from a photograph I don't know, but it from other posts you've made it seems you're saying everything looks unnatural.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                          • Sep 2009

that is what we are all doing, all the time on here: the whole debate of whether something looks natural, honest...etc....try to take a better picture SR and maybe your shoes won't look patent

but you're right, Merz is very rude
                          http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Sombre
                            • Jan 2009

Unfavourable reactions are fine by me, but given what has been said about the Black Eyed Peas, what you're effectively saying is that I am a mindless sheep and/or I choose clothing only on a superficial level.

EDIT: Given your professional life I'm sure you choose your words carefully, so you know what implications they carry.

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by merz
                              lovely ensemble, chant, but a bit incoherent with the topcoat..
                              i keep thinking something like the heavy individual sentiments coat from this f/w would have tied things together better. love the action shot, by the way.. do any of your students share interest in the sort of thing?
                              Thanks for the advice, I like a lot IS work. Let's see this winter, during the FW if something can happen.
                              Btw I tried on the same outfit with the same GBSmall coat Mail-Moth owns, and I think the combo "GBS coat + Ann D boots" should be consistent.

You mean interested in clothes or sexual morality ? Actually both are sometimes connected, since some of the students think that I'm gay, because of the clothes I wear.

DD pants are from FW 08.
                              HR : Asymetrical RO cardigan fom FW 08.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                                I can attest to that. I don't think I've ever seen a man simply step over the metro turnstile before.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎