• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

HOF process

This is what I wanted to suggest, to make things easy and avoid the too many dedicated HOF threads (HOF nominations, HOF Jury, HOF itself, etc) and to push forward the principle of democratic decision :

1°) nominations should be made here, in the WAYWT.
    2°) then, people would have one week to vote.
    But will only be taken into consideration motivated votes (i.e. with explanations).

One thing can be discussed : to have, or not, an aristocratic balance of the democratic vote (in memory of the HOF jury), vote of a member over 1000 posts could equal two, or three (or fifty ) regular votes.

Comment

• Epoc
      • Dec 2008

I like the silhouette there Gabriel

In my opinion, the voting thing probably has slowed down the process to begin with and nothing ever really happens with actually putting someone in to the HOF. I say we just create a thread and shove all the coolness into it that we feel is "HOF worthy" and I guess decide from there. At least have a separate thread to commemorate the epic fits by and not just a one or two each month.

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Epoc View Post
        I like the silhouette there Gabriel

In my opinion, the voting thing probably has slowed down the process to begin with and nothing ever really happens with actually putting someone in to the HOF. I say we just create a thread and shove all the coolness into it that we feel is "HOF worthy" and I guess decide from there. At least have a separate thread to commemorate the epic fits by and not just a one or two each month.
        No, because we will have still to go through another thread before reaching the HOF, and it'll slow down the process as weel. My way is shorter : nomination/vote here and then the pic is directly in the HOF. Or not.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

HOF Nomination 1 : Lowrey

Iirc the golden line started with the ML/CCP pic.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
            My way is shorter : nomination/vote here and then the pic is directly in the HOF. Or not.
            this is what we did with Avansters pic and finally got a new pic in

so yes, enough with the nonsense, when something is simply sick and many agree, its enough. andrew's m-a+ jawn is going in there now.

a few that were "hoffed"/appraised when posted:

Originally posted by Diego View Post
            Originally posted by philip nod View Post
            Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
            Originally posted by Christian View Post
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• YoungM
              • Nov 2008

Hell yes. Andrew's fit was damn near perfect.

Also, Oh Weh Mir's shit is awesome, just wish there were better pictures.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

damn I started up the endless hof debate
                how's this for a left field idea.
                I've never liked my current hof pic tbh. was sort of a bad streetfighter joke.
                I do like the idea that a pic gets put in directly from the waywt wo a jury much like the avanster pic. generally if the pic is good enough it's pretty obvious to all.
                so everybody can only have one pic in the hall of fame
                for example. if my fishtail gets in -- then the streetfighter is removed.
                the sf can either be removed permanently or it can be placed into a, again, for example, a "PNOD greatest hits" thread.

that way we can track the development of an individuals style.

so for ex Merz throws up a great pic worthy of hof. his current pic gets replaced and then a MERZ thread is started. if he throws down another great pic that blows away his last one then the hof gets replaced and he now has two past pics in his MERZ thread. this way there is more of a celebration of individual style. and there should be no limit to how many great pics a person can have. the only criteria is that it be a step up from their current hof pic, which, IMO, shouldn't be that hard to judge.
                from left field....
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                  • Sep 2009

I think HOF pictures need heads...

I am wearing a Yohji sweater and Ann D. shoes

http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

HOF Nomination 2 : Croatoan + Andrewislasorad

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Genevieveryoko, I don't know who convinced you to post a WAYWT pic, but he got actually a very good idea.
                      Second pic is wonderfull.

Comment

• tomatous
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2009

I dig the sith picture (since i make them), but aside from hof.. perhaps we can just have a thread for sith photos? If I see a picture sith worthy, I can photoshop it :D

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                          damn I started up the endless hof debate
                          how's this for a left field idea.
                          I've never liked my current hof pic tbh. was sort of a bad streetfighter joke.
                          I do like the idea that a pic gets put in directly from the waywt wo a jury much like the avanster pic. generally if the pic is good enough it's pretty obvious to all.
                          so everybody can only have one pic in the hall of fame
                          for example. if my fishtail gets in -- then the streetfighter is removed.
                          the sf can either be removed permanently or it can be placed into a, again, for example, a "PNOD greatest hits" thread.

that way we can track the development of an individuals style.
                          I like the idea of this, but it almost seems like it might need a whole other subsection on the forum to be fair to all those who wanted to participate [having their own thread]. For now just throw it all in HOF, if nothing else it's a photo album for the memories. No need to make it so precious, all this talk is making the air stale in here.

back on track...

Comment

• fenrost
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2009

the digitally edited pic of croatoan and andrewislasorad to me is just being comedic than anything else... : \

Comment

• tomatous
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
                              the digitally edited pic of croatoan and andrewislasorad to me is just being comedic than anything else... : \
                              totally, which is why I suggest a separate thread.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
                                andrew, please stop posting fits with the RO sidezips, I would buy them instead of buying yohji, and that's not right
                                Okay I will switch over to ma+ and augustas then

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎